How has Auburn not done better in the Dirctor's Cup ?

AURaptor

If finishes are any indication, it seems to me that from various sports, AU's done fairly well of late. Across the board, despite some setbacks in football. 

I guess Equestrian , golf, gymnastics and Bass fishing don't really add up all that much. 

58 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

If finishes are any indication, it seems to me that from various sports, AU's done fairly well of late. Across the board, despite some setbacks in football. 

I guess Equestrian , golf, gymnastics and Bass fishing don't really add up all that much. 

Are Equestrian and Bass fishing a component of the Director’s Cup?

Haha.. I doubt Bass fishin' is. That was mostly tongue in cheek. But AU did have , as I understand it, some success across the board, from, equestrian,  golf, basketball, gymnastics , in the previous couple of years, yet AU didn't even crack the top 10 in the Director's Cup. Hell, not even in the top  25 last year. 

I was out at the AU horse unit for an event just last week, The Equestrian team has six national championships, including this past year, when they were the first team ever to go through an entire season without a single loss. I don't know what it takes, but with this year's Equestrian, Baseball, Basketball and Golf teams performing like they did I don't see how we're not at least getting some mention.

7 hours ago, steeleagle said:

No. they are not. 

Did you find a link that tells which sports are counted? I didn't come across a complete list I was satisfied with. I did see that Lacrosse and water polo count. :(

Have to remember some of the sports that the west coast is good at that we don't have. Men's soccer, think they have lacrosse also (which is huge now I understand), men's volleyball, water polo. Then women have things like water polo and field hockey.

This link has a breakdown of the 2019 sports that won it for them

https://thedirectorscup.com/2019/06/division-i-learfield-img-college-directors-cup-standings-3/

I have been passed more than once by the UT rowing club at Town Lake in Austin..... I am going to claim it was to be a perv and watch them run vs it me being older and unable to keep up. Those girls are fit.

Good question and sure we're in a phase of doing well in many sports but colleges that are always in the running for the DC (e.g. Florida & Stanford) have very few sports in which they are NOT always competitive.

• 2 months later...

The easiest way to remember which sports are included is -- either the NCAA or the NAIA must sponsor a championship in the sport for it to be included. And the Directors Cup is based on points earned by both men and women sports.

Most are non-revenue sports. Swimming and water polo, volleyball (indoor and beach), lacrosse, rowing, field hockey, softball, tennis, golf, track & field, soccer, etc. Auburn doesn't even field teams in many of those sports.

I'm waiting for Auburn beach volleyball.

37 minutes ago, AURex said:

The easiest way to remember which sports are included is -- either the NCAA or the NAIA must sponsor a championship in the sport for it to be included. And the Directors Cup is based on points earned by both men and women sports.

Most are non-revenue sports. Swimming and water polo, volleyball (indoor and beach), lacrosse, rowing, field hockey, softball, tennis, golf, track & field, soccer, etc. Auburn doesn't even field teams in many of those sports.

I'm waiting for Auburn beach volleyball.

Oh yeah.............................

Archived