Null

Sign in to follow this  
AURaptor

How has Auburn not done better in the Dirctor's Cup ?

If finishes are any indication, it seems to me that from various sports, AU's done fairly well of late. Across the board, despite some setbacks in football. 

I guess Equestrian , golf, gymnastics and Bass fishing don't really add up all that much. 

58 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

If finishes are any indication, it seems to me that from various sports, AU's done fairly well of late. Across the board, despite some setbacks in football. 

I guess Equestrian , golf, gymnastics and Bass fishing don't really add up all that much. 

Are Equestrian and Bass fishing a component of the Director’s Cup?

Haha.. I doubt Bass fishin' is. That was mostly tongue in cheek. But AU did have , as I understand it, some success across the board, from, equestrian,  golf, basketball, gymnastics , in the previous couple of years, yet AU didn't even crack the top 10 in the Director's Cup. Hell, not even in the top  25 last year. 

Edited by AURaptor

I was out at the AU horse unit for an event just last week, The Equestrian team has six national championships, including this past year, when they were the first team ever to go through an entire season without a single loss. I don't know what it takes, but with this year's Equestrian, Baseball, Basketball and Golf teams performing like they did I don't see how we're not at least getting some mention.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Are Equestrian and Bass fishing a component of the Director’s Cup?

No. they are not. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, steeleagle said:

No. they are not. 

Did you find a link that tells which sports are counted? I didn't come across a complete list I was satisfied with. I did see that Lacrosse and water polo count. :(

Have to remember some of the sports that the west coast is good at that we don't have. Men's soccer, think they have lacrosse also (which is huge now I understand), men's volleyball, water polo. Then women have things like water polo and field hockey.

This link has a breakdown of the 2019 sports that won it for them

https://thedirectorscup.com/2019/06/division-i-learfield-img-college-directors-cup-standings-3/

I have been passed more than once by the UT rowing club at Town Lake in Austin..... I am going to claim it was to be a perv and watch them run vs it me being older and unable to keep up. Those girls are fit.

• Like 1

Good question and sure we're in a phase of doing well in many sports but colleges that are always in the running for the DC (e.g. Florida & Stanford) have very few sports in which they are NOT always competitive.