LSUs Joe Brady

Carnell

While I have seen only a limited sample of Lsu this year because they played at the same time we do and will do it again tonight, I am impressed with the passing scheme brady has brought to the other tigers.  He's incorporated what appears to be RPO schemes with schemes he brought with him from the saints.  While he is not the quarterback coach it appears he has worked with Burrow because he is definitely making better decision.  Again this is from a limited sample, I really want the opportunity sit down and watch an watch an lsu game against an Sec team to get a  better look.

8 minutes ago, Carnell said:

While I have seen only a limited sample of Lsu this year because they played at the same time we do and will do it again tonight, I am impressed with the passing scheme brady has brought to the other tigers.  He's incorporated what appears to be RPO schemes with schemes he brought with him from the saints.  While he is not the quarterback coach it appears he has worked with Burrow because he is definitely making better decision.  Again this is from a limited sample, I really want the opportunity sit down and watch an watch an lsu game against an Sec team to get a  better look.

Gameday just did a segment on it. Apparently, its called a ‘levels concept’, with multiple times underneath routes at different depths. Virtually all of it is within a few yards of the LOS.  Like you, I’m interested to see how top SEC defenses defends it. And Texas too. 

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gameday just did a segment on it. Apparently, its called a ‘levels concept’, with multiple times underneath routes at different depths. Virtually all of it is within a few yards of the LOS.  Like you, I’m interested to see how top SEC defenses defends it. And Texas too. 

Thanks I missed that segment.  I have to remember that" levels concept"

Off topic, but Matthew McConaughey just took the tiger head off of Lee and chucked it.  Amazing.  I hope the LSU fan base melts down hard core.  

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Apparently, its called a ‘levels concept’, with multiple times underneath routes at different depths. Virtually all of it is within a few yards of the LOS.

Isn't that what we saw last week from Oregon?     

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Off topic, but Matthew McConaughey just took the tiger head off of Lee and chucked it.  Amazing.  I hope the LSU fan base melts down hard core.  

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Isn't that what we saw last week from Oregon?     

Not totally sure what entails the "levels concept" but it sounds like the receivers run short, immediate, and deep routes with the quarterback having the option based on type of defense played. Might be a concept brought by brady from the saints.

However, last week after the first drive when they beat downfield, Steele changed the pass rush and coverage to make Oregon have to throw short passes.

4 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Not totally sure what entails the "levels concept" but it sounds like the receivers run short, immediate, and deep routes with the quarterback having the option based on type of defense played. Might be a concept brought by brady from the saints.

However, last week after the first drive when they beat downfield, Steele changed the pass rush and coverage to make Oregon have to throw short passes.

Could be .....but AU took the value of the short passes away by allowing very few YAC....

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

On a side note, we might get to see some Stidham to Antonio Brown this season...even though I hate the Pats.

Wonder how Belichick will handle his antics?

Watching them vs Texas, their offense definitely looks new and improved. Looks like he's brought some new wrinkles to LSU.

Just look at Burrow's stats. LSU is an L just waiting to happen. No bones about it. I just hope they give Alabama all they can handle....

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Just look at Burrow's stats.

Yep...and against one of the better defenses in the Big 12....:)

Nice to see that not all head coaches believe their offense is perfect and needs no adjustments. Why change anything when you can blame all failures on lack of execution by the players? If they had just blown those 8-9 guys out of the box, as designed, that play would have worked. Let's face it, Gus may never get his head completely out of his ass. We've been waiting since 2014, and it's still in there. 

I don't care what defense you are facing. The pass Burrow made to essentially win the game was Elite stuff.  He has raised his game another level in this new scheme which is bad news for the rest of the league. LSU has always been a good QB away from being dangerous.  They are dangerous right now.  Say what you want about O. I would take him as head coach right now. He fights for his players, and knows how to allocate duties as needed.  Not sure if he would be as good anywhere else. He is at his dream job now. 

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I don't care what defense you are facing. The pass Burrow made to essentially win the game was Elite stuff.  He has raised his game another level in this new scheme which is bad news for the rest of the league. LSU has always been a good QB away from being dangerous.  They are dangerous right now.  Say what you want about O. I would take him as head coach right now. He fights for his players, and knows how to allocate duties as needed.  Not sure if he would be as good anywhere else. He is at his dream job now. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Coach O hate comes from.  Yeah, he talks funny but his teams/players clearly seem to love him and LSU is the perfect situation, similar to Shug at Auburn.  

24 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He doesn't make that throw without a very aggressive offensive philosophy that utilized the talent they had. It was 3rd and 17, up by 6 on their own end of the field with under 3 minutes left. I don't think they ran the ball on their last drive. They are a much better O with the new philosophy. 

7 hours ago, tiger88 said:

Nice to see that not all head coaches believe their offense is perfect and needs no adjustments. Why change anything when you can blame all failures on lack of execution by the players? If they had just blown those 8-9 guys out of the box, as designed, that play would have worked. Let's face it, Gus may never get his head completely out of his ass. We've been waiting since 2014, and it's still in there. 

Gus is calling plays again. He got this 😭

25 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Gus is calling plays again. He got this 😭

Amazing how identical the offense looks whether Gus is running things or the OC is in "control". 😂

On 9/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Coach O hate comes from.  Yeah, he talks funny but his teams/players clearly seem to love him and LSU is the perfect situation, similar to Shug at Auburn.  

I’ve always been rooting for the guy personally 

A lot of this is on Steve Ensminger.  He was the butt of a lot of Auburn jokes over the years, but I'm afraid he's going to have the last laugh.....

"Ensminger, 60, said "I have no ego" when it comes to working with Brady, 29, who replaced the retired Jerry Sullivan as LSU's passing game coordinator after spending the past two years as an offensive assistant with the New Orleans Saints."

View image on Twitter

These guys should probably get rid of the shirts.....

Archived