Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If our offensive line played a full game in mud, would their uniform even be dirty? They are the softest and least physical o line I ever remember at AU. It’s pitiful. 

We have some DLines coming up on the schedule that are gonna brutalize this OL. Boys playing against men. 

I'll be glad when Gus is fired. 2013 was a anomaly. Cam and Nick were good enough to make him look good. He did dumb things when they were here. They were just so good, they bailed him out.

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

He tried to take some pressure off Nix with the run game but the OL couldn't get a push at the LOS. We couldn't run between the tackles and we couldn't run outside. He didn't have much choice other than to go to the passing game.

Not 30 times in one half.

If the OL can get some push on Tulane and we can get the running game it should open things up. 

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Okay, the AU band was worth the drive and price of admission. And I may be late to the party, wondering why  a WESTERN theme..."How the (SEC) WEST was won...???" Not on tonight's play so far, for sure. But bring it on...if the band has to lead the way, so be it. Fabulous performance, fabulous message. Biblically, they sent the band out first many times in battle... 

Maybe in keeping with Ride for the Brand?

I’m sure this has already been addressed, but I cannot believe the commentators either joked or really believed the “Ride for Rod” was for Rod Gilmore. I really want an apology during the game.

5 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Okay, the AU band was worth the drive and price of admission. And I may be late to the party, wondering why  a WESTERN theme..."How the (SEC) WEST was won...???" Not on tonight's play so far, for sure. But bring it on...if the band has to lead the way, so be it. Fabulous performance, fabulous message. Biblically, they sent the band out first many times in battle... 

Can the band block anyone?

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

I'll be glad when Gus is fired. 2013 was a anomaly. Cam and Nick were good enough to make him look good. He did dumb things when they were here. They were just so good, they bailed him out.

Yes please!! When can we end this experiment??

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

On another note, Arkansas looks as bad as we do.

Not real comforting.

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Defense has been mostly good.  Tulane being 0-8 on 3rd down is the best stat of the 1st half.  

Offense has been mostly bad.  OL is just not good.  This is going to be a major problem when we start playing decent teams!!!   Play calling is a problem.  He also called 2 really good ones that were dropped, and those would’ve been big plays.  Bo is learning on the go.  He’s a TF.  We’ve got to accept that.  I would like to see a little help from the OL and play calling.  

Good night!  How many bad angles and missed tackles can you have on punt defense?!?!?!  That is awful!!!  If we’re going to win with defense and field position, our punt defense is going to beat us a few times!!!

I hope we see some amazing halftime adjustments!

Great synopsis! Totally agree

11 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Gus is responsible for the WR coach and he has his little minion with no real experience or qualification as his pass game coordinator and asst OC

I can’t participate with this hard on you have for talking about Gus right now man. We both know making everything about him isn’t gonna get him fired today 

Archived