Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Flipped over to lsu and tx. Wanted to see quality football 

LSU looks damn impressive. Offense passing down the field.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

We'll out talent ole miss and arky. All other games will be a giant question mark. We could easily go 2-6 in conference.

We out talent Tulane also. That argument doesnt work. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bo has missed Hastings twice now (at least) settle down bo. But I mean, the fact the Will is the only guy creating separation, kinda disappointing 

I don't think the o line has given him time to go through progressions to see other wr's

The o line is easily the worst part of the offense. Absolutely terrible at run blocking. Last week we were terrible until Oregon ran out of gas. You cant depend on that to get the run game going. This is really sad. I'm so over this crap. 

I hope some folks read this thread after game 

Maybe ceo coach is the way to go. Dabo or urbs never called plays. Gus always calling plays is his downfall. We would be much better off if he hired a OC and gave them full control like he does on the defense side of the ball. His janky ass system is broke. It sucks. And he has no clue how to fix it.

Just now, cole256 said:

I don't think the o line has given him time to go through progressions to see other wr's

I think that as well, bo does need to adjust tho, or gus needs to adjust one. That’s one thing that’s hurting him is the ol.

Horrible on all facades on the offensive side of the ball. It’s crazy how LSU can bring in a new guy and have instant success. I wish we could Gatewood a few series just to see. Nothing against Bo and I’m fine with watching him work through his struggles but I’d just like to see. 

Just now, AUGunsmith said:

We out talent Tulane also. That argument doesnt work. 

We're playing like crap and winning. Argument stands.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kodi can recruit his ass off but these receivers outside of Seth and Will progress in no way from freshman year until graduation

It ain't Kodi...... It was not D Craig.....  This is all on the head coach 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Really hope Seth is okay. He and Schwartz are massively important to our offense. 

This should be highlighted or pinned....people won't notice but it's true. I said this summer it may be the biggest thing I was worried about....replacing Slayton downfield

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Auburn 1st half:

Passing- 174 yards (15 of 29)

Rushing- 20 yards (13 carries)

This is exactly why I question Gus’s ability to coach. You have a true freshman in his second game and you have him throw it 30 times in the first half. He has to be out of his mind.

1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Man the Gus haters are having a field day. Two words guys FRESHMAN QUARTERBACK!

Freshman qb doesnt excuse the o line, the rbs the wrs the drops, the lack of effort, the garbage product being out on the field, or the piss poor s*** tier playcalling. 

Bo needs to grow up and get more experience. Joey would be in the same situation. This ain’t just a QB issue. This is about the O-line and the entire makeup of this offense. 

7 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

Gus was going to call a fake kneel hand off to shivers. Tulane coach new it and called timeout

My thought as well.  A version of Woody. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Guy has a HORRENDOUS OL and a rudimentary passing tree with half the receivers not even getting looked at and he starts the pure passer 

IDC if Joey’s literally a RB, do SOMETHING 

But do we know this though? Was Nick literally a RB? He wasn’t a world beater with his arm but he could make throws when we needed it. Gus better give Joey a chance.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We have too much talent being squandered by this Mickey Mouse offense. LSU is going to wreck us in Baton Rouge. 

LSU isn’t for over a month.  Texas A&M is going to wreck us first.  I laughed at Florida but I’m not laughing anymore.  Oline killing this offense.  No run game period.

Archived