Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

It ain't Kodi...... It was not D Craig.....  This is all on the head coach 

I can’t blame receivers for not being better at the finer things on the HC. That’s like not blaming Horton for RBs having damn near no moves unless they worked with someone else privately 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol if you’re sticking up for Gus at this point I’d probably stop posting. Freshman quarterback is no excuse especially when he’s as highly touted as Bo.

The rushing yards are absolutely pathetic.

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Outside of a Spring game has Gus called a pass play to McClain? Ever?

Wow I literally forgot he was on the team. 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This is exactly why I question Gus’s ability to coach. You have a true freshman in his second game and you have him throw it 30 times in the first half. He has to be out of his mind.

I don't like Gus so it pains me to defend him, but Tulane had 6-7 in the box. Kind of have to throw it to loosen up the defense. It also helps to complete them......

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

This should be highlighted or pinned....people won't notice but it's true. I said this summer it may be the biggest thing I was worried about....replacing Slayton downfield

Yeah man. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Will Hastings, but we are in trouble if he is our primary target down the field. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Maybe ceo coach is the way to go. Dabo or urbs never called plays. Gus always calling plays is his downfall. We would be much better off if he hired a OC and gave them full control like he does on the defense side of the ball. His janky ass system is broke. It sucks. And he has no clue how to fix it.

I think it's easier for him to give control of the defense up, he really doesn't want to be bothered there. I've always felt that his offense is what brought Gus to this level and he's convinced he's got all the answers on that side of the ball. He just can't give up what got him here.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Maybe ceo coach is the way to go. Dabo or urbs never called plays. Gus always calling plays is his downfall. We would be much better off if he hired a OC and gave them full control like he does on the defense side of the ball. His janky ass system is broke. It sucks. And he has no clue how to fix it.

I'm going to be out of likes soon brother, but keep preaching

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

But do we know this though? Was Nick literally a RB? He wasn’t a world beater with his arm but he could make throws when we needed it. Gus better give Joey a chance.

That’s my point, even if he can’t throw, his running threat eclipses anything this passing game is going to provide, even if we had a real offensive scheme and OL. We don’t have neither and need to adjust to reality 

Just now, Zeek said:

Lol if you’re sticking up for Gus at this point I’d probably stop posting. Freshman quarterback is no excuse especially when he’s as highly touted as Bo.

Plus he’s the one that has to answer for a freshman having to start at QB. Freshman QB is in no way a legitimate excuse for Gus or this mediocrity we see. 

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

I hope some folks read this thread after game 

TBH, it sucks pretty bad reading it during the game. Auburn football isn't always a lot of fun right now, but some of these people suck whatever bit of it is left.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can’t blame receivers for not being better at the finer things on the HC. That’s like not blaming Horton for RBs having damn near no moves unless they worked with someone else privately 

Gus is responsible for the WR coach and he has his little minion with no real experience or qualification as his pass game coordinator and asst OC

11 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Dink pass them to death to run out the clock. Smart this Gustav is. 

Yeah,  last week not going for two at the end of the game (I don't want to hear any mentions of LA Monroe) and this week, not even attempting the hail mary. Bush league coaching.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I will post when I please thank you. No excuses just reality. Bo is very capable but young. He has missed some key throws in both games but he will grow and become a fine QB.

The old saying that you make the biggest improvement from 1st game to 2nd game should tell everybody what kind of year it’s going to be.    

I understand that you need players to be really good, but if you have any objective opinion at all, you can’t look at this product and be happy.  

Defense has been mostly good.  Tulane being 0-8 on 3rd down is the best stat of the 1st half.  

Offense has been mostly bad.  OL is just not good.  This is going to be a major problem when we start playing decent teams!!!   Play calling is a problem.  He also called 2 really good ones that were dropped, and those would’ve been big plays.  Bo is learning on the go.  He’s a TF.  We’ve got to accept that.  I would like to see a little help from the OL and play calling.  

Good night!  How many bad angles and missed tackles can you have on punt defense?!?!?!  That is awful!!!  If we’re going to win with defense and field position, our punt defense is going to beat us a few times!!!

I hope we see some amazing halftime adjustments!

Archived