Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I will post when I please thank you. No excuses just reality. Bo is very capable but young. He has missed some key throws in both games but he will grow and become a fine QB.

I mostly agree with you on Bo but if you think that’s the reason for our problems you’re out of your mind. 

If our offensive line played a full game in mud, would their uniform even be dirty? They are the softest and least physical o line I ever remember at AU. It’s pitiful. 

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Gotta give Joey a series and just see if Auburn can run the ball. Bo can come in after.  Just 1 series 

QB RB WR don’t matter. We have no OL!! It all starts up front

Okay, the AU band was worth the drive and price of admission. And I may be late to the party, wondering why  a WESTERN theme..."How the (SEC) WEST was won...???" Not on tonight's play so far, for sure. But bring it on...if the band has to lead the way, so be it. Fabulous performance, fabulous message. Biblically, they sent the band out first many times in battle... 

1 minute ago, MaxP said:

Going to be a long season. 

Predicted 6-6 then 7-5 after last week. Think I need to go back to 6-6. This is sad.

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Defense has been mostly good.  Tulane being 0-8 on 3rd down is the best stat of the 1st half.  

Offense has been mostly bad.  OL is just not good.  This is going to be a major problem when we start playing decent teams!!!   Play calling is a problem.  He also called 2 really good ones that were dropped, and those would’ve been big plays.  Bo is learning on the go.  He’s a TF.  We’ve got to accept that.  I would like to see a little help from the OL and play calling.  

Good night!  How many bad angles and missed tackles can you have on punt defense?!?!?!  That is awful!!!  If we’re going to win with defense and field position, our punt defense is going to beat us a few times!!!

I hope we see some amazing halftime adjustments!

I bet we will be amazed.

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't think the o line has given him time to go through progressions to see other wr's

Yup. We have to be better around the QB. A running game would help him tremendously. It's sad that we had to abandon the run game in the 2nd quarter against Tulane. 

We need massive improvement in all phases on offense.

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

If our offensive line played a full game in mud, would their uniform even be dirty? They are the softest and least physical o line I ever remember at AU. It’s pitiful. 

Amen. I love watching the guards pull and then not touch a defender.

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kodi can recruit his ass off but these receivers outside of Seth and Will progress in no way from freshman year until graduation

Give white lightning some love!

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Okay, the AU band was worth the drive and price of admission. And I may be late to the party, wondering why  a WESTERN theme..."How the (SEC) WEST was won...???" Not on tonight's play so far, for sure. But bring it on...if the band has to lead the way, so be it. Fabulous performance, fabulous message. Biblically, they sent the band out first many times in battle... 

They were great in Dallas too

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This is exactly why I question Gus’s ability to coach. You have a true freshman in his second game and you have him throw it 30 times in the first half. He has to be out of his mind.

He tried to take some pressure off Nix with the run game but the OL couldn't get a push at the LOS. We couldn't run between the tackles and we couldn't run outside. He didn't have much choice other than to go to the passing game.

I can’t believe the number of people leaving the stadium at half time. I’ve never seen this many leave at the half, in a game this close.

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If I see another dumbass Mazda commercial with a girl riding a damn red balloon. I am going to scream . 

Please forgive me...I just had to....

Archived