Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

FIFY

I would agree, but this ol doesn’t give an hc many options. I’m still baffled by the snap back st marcello, and then they play like this. That whole 5 needs a reality check. It may be the worst ol I’ve seen that had this much combined xp 

So who do we hire to replace Gus? Because there’s no way he isn’t out at the end of this year. 

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Just because Bo won’t the job means squat. Bo has shown me nothing these two games that Gatewood couldn’t do. Gatewood is a legitimate threat to tear a defense apart with his legs. 

Nick Marshall wasn’t a world beater throwing the football. I think Gus is wrong about this one. 

It means everything. He won the job. Period. We haven’t seen Gatewood throw a pass but the coaches have in practice.. do you honestly believe our coaches would start Nix over Gatewood just because.. there is a reason.. yes gatewood is a monster at running the ball but like I said.. he can’t just run.. he has to be able to pass as well.. 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wasnt Stidham like the #1 DT QB or somewhere around that? It can be a misnomer 

Lol and he earned that 2 spot behind Brady. Give him time to grow is all, I mean he was 19 for 30 something w/ 200 plus yards in his second game. 

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I would agree, but this ol doesn’t give an hc many options. I’m still baffled by the snap back st marcello, and then they play like this. That whole 5 needs a reality check. It may be the worst ol I’ve seen that had this much combined xp 

Definitely agree. I saw the stat about them having the 10th most combined starts in the country and shook my head at how bad they are. There's a lot of stuff wrong with this team but I've said if for years it starts and ends with the head coach. He's surrounded himself with inexperienced, yes-men coaches that can recruit but can't teach. And we have an OL coach that can't do either. Thank goodness for Coach Steele because without him I don't think we would win 4 games this year. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Definitely agree. I saw the stat about them having the 10th most combined starts in the country and shook my head at how bad they are. There's a lot of stuff wrong with this team but I've said if for years it starts and ends with the head coach. He's surrounded himself with inexperienced, yes-men coaches that can recruit but can't teach. And we have an OL coach that can't do either. Thank goodness for Coach Steele because without him I don't think we would win 4 games this year. 

I think it was, for Auburn, everytime we’ve had this many combined starts on the ol, weve won 10+ games 

5 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

So JG settles the team down after the 1st down and completes that throw last week? Not taking anything from either one but why try & take away from what that meant to AU people?

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I mostly agree with you on Bo but if you think that’s the reason for our problems you’re out of your mind

So where did you learn how to do internet message board psychiatry Dr. Zeek?

1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

So where did you learn how to do internet message board psychiatry Dr. Zeek?

When did idioms become literal? 

5 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

Right I understood that, my bad. I'm just saying I don't know if Gus is going to give Joey much of a chance to throw the ball. He should've let him throw it tonight. Forget about running clock. It just feels like whenever Gus is going to bring him in, it's going to be a predetermined run play. 

Id be 12% okay with it if they were doing it to help him actually develop the read option, but like you said, it's predetermined every snap. Why even put him in? Just run wildcat every chance

So if Gatewood has struggles in practice (and that's allegedly) then the best way for him to work on passing is by doing nothing but run the ball every time he gets in? 

Malzhan just has no guts, and no acumen for developing a QB, or a passing game in general for that matter.

6 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

It means everything. He won the job. Period. We haven’t seen Gatewood throw a pass but the coaches have in practice.. do you honestly believe our coaches would start Nix over Gatewood just because.. there is a reason.. yes gatewood is a monster at running the ball but like I said.. he can’t just run.. he has to be able to pass as well.. 

Yes I believe Gus would start Bo just because. What have you seen of Bo throwing that leads you to believe he’s the best option?

We don't stand a chance against Lsu or Alabama or Texas a@m. With this offense. I think the gatewood offense is our only hope. Mazlhahn has to have a runner for his plays to work. They couldn't stop gatewood and they new what he was going to do. Imagine if he threw it

4 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

So JG settles the team down after the 1st down and completes that throw last week? Not taking anything from either one but why try & take away from what that meant to AU people?

Wait what? Who cares what it means to AU people. The kid threw two interceptions. Almost three that game. And now just because he throws an underthrown ball to Seth Williams who basically has to catch that ball with one hand, he’s now a legend? I don’t buy the hype. Not with what I’ve seen these two games. Kid is a freshman but folks need to stop acting like he’s a world beater. 

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So who do we hire to replace Gus? Because there’s no way he isn’t out at the end of this year. 

Bill Clark

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Just now, wcware said:

Bill Clark

I agree but most here want a more “proven” coach 

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Yes I believe Gus would start Bo just because. What have you seen of Bo throwing that leads you to believe he’s the best option?

If you believe that then there is nothing I can say.

‘On Nix: He has thrown several beautiful balls he has also overthrown under-thrown and made bad reads.. he is a freshman learning and our coach doesn’t always put him in a good position to be successful with his play calling ... 

Archived