Seth Update?

War to the Eagle

8 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

If we lose Boobie we are in a heap of trouble. 

Just like losing Seth would do, losing Boobee might be one of the best things that could happen to this team. Force the issue and develop depth.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Auskip said:

Why the concern about losing Boobie? Benching for losing the ball?

Think they're just saying... if we run Boobie into the ground like Gus has done in the past.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-receiver-Seth-Williams-dealing-with-shoulder-issue-135379497/Amp/

The extent of the injury has not been released publicly and coach Gus Malzahn said Sunday it is a "shoulder issue." His availability for the Tigers' non-conference game this week against Kent State is not yet known.

"Right now I'm not ready to say anything about this week," Malzahn said Sunday night. "Hopefully later in the week I'll be able to tell you more. We're hoping to get him back soon."

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-receiver-Seth-Williams-dealing-with-shoulder-issue-135379497/Amp/

The extent of the injury has not been released publicly and coach Gus Malzahn said Sunday it is a "shoulder issue." His availability for the Tigers' non-conference game this week against Kent State is not yet known.

"Right now I'm not ready to say anything about this week," Malzahn said Sunday night. "Hopefully later in the week I'll be able to tell you more. We're hoping to get him back soon."

Hoping that it is relatively minor...and if so, definitely let him heal completely...regardless of the week.

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just like losing Seth would do, losing Boobee might be one of the best things that could happen to this team. Force the issue and develop depth.

so what did they do in August practice? Everyone else just sit around and watch these two guys? What good is recruiting depth if the no one else plays consistently? Auburn is the most frustrating team to watch. Here we are: coaches act like we are great, but the fans know that Texas A&M has the potential to run us out of Kyle Field. Then again the "switch" may turn on and Auburn plays lights out but every year its a wait and see every game.

This years excuse, we have a freshmen QB. That won't fly after 2-3 more games.

I don’t have a clue how much serious the injury is...... I wasn’t following the game thread and didn’t know if it was discussed but that catch was a damn interception. 

I just saw on CBS site that Seth is not playing against Kent St. He will be re-evaluated next week. 

Auburn receiver Seth Williams ruled out for Kent State game

Justin Lee | Auburn Reporter 
Opelika-Auburn News
jlee@oanow.com
Follow on Twitter @AUBlog|@ByJustinLee

Sep 10, 2019 Updated 40 min ago

Wide receiver Seth Williams leaves the field in a sling following Auburn’s 24-6 over Tulane at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sept. 7, 2019. Auburn wide receiver Seth Williams has been ruled out for Saturday’s game against Kent State, Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn announced Tuesday.

Williams was injured during Auburn’s game against Tulane last Saturday — a week after catching the game-winning touchdown pass for Auburn against Oregon in the opener. 

Williams suffered an injury to his shoulder on a long pass near the Tulane goal line. He was seen in a sling late in the game and after it.

Malzahn did not divulge further into details of Williams’ injury or his return.

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

I just saw on CBS site that Seth is not playing against Kent St. He will be re-evaluated next week. 

I pretty much expected him to sit this game anyway as a precautionary measure. Hastings may also sit too if he’s under concussion protocol. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I pretty much expected him to sit this game anyway as a precautionary measure. Hastings may also sit too if he’s under concussion protocol. 

I think I read somewhere that Hastings passed concussion protocol even during the game assessment, but was kept out as a precaution.

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Where is Zach Farrar?

Good question???

56 minutes ago, toddc said:

I think I read somewhere that Hastings passed concussion protocol even during the game assessment, but was kept out as a precaution.

Seriously?! He didn't look like he even knew where he was after that hit.  

And the penalty for hits like that one should be more severe.  That Tulane player needs to sit a couple of games, not just the first half of next week.

37 minutes ago, hqsi99 said:

And the penalty for hits like that one should be more severe.  That Tulane player needs to sit a couple of games, not just the first half of next week.

Have the offender miss the same amount of gametime as the victim.  That crap would stop quickly.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Where is Zach Farrar?

Watching highlights of Youngstown St?

6 hours ago, gr82be said:

Saw the same scroll on the SEC network during Finebaum.

15 hours ago, hqsi99 said:

It was a hard hit and I can see where it looks like he was concussed to some people but to me it looked more like he couldn't breathe or was in a lot of pain.  I'm guessing the landing knocked the wind out of him. 

Archived