Seth Update?

War to the Eagle

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Unless he stepped on campus as an NFL-ready WR who enjoys blocking more than catching, don't expect to see him much. 

Yep.  I heard that he transferred to Auburn because Youngstown State's WR Coach cannot coach blocking.

...like, AT ALL!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McFU said:

It was a hard hit and I can see where it looks like he was concussed to some people but to me it looked more like he couldn't breathe or was in a lot of pain.  I'm guessing the landing knocked the wind out of him. 

Good point.

And something I had to tell myself is that we probably aren't going to risk medical staff's (coaching staff's?) careers so that we can send one our most important players back out there against Tulane, not-your-average-cupcake though they may be. We need Hastings for league play, and really I just don't think our coaching or medical staff are that stupid or evil. 

I think Gus has made some bad decisions and evaluations about players and their health before but I can't imagine a shady scenario here. 

15 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Eeeeewwww, you watch Finebaum?🤢

I promise I was just clicking through and saw him talking with some other sports guy about SEC...noticed the scroll across the bottom. Once the callers start, no way I can take it.:laugh:

On 9/9/2019 at 9:19 PM, alexava said:

I don’t have a clue how much serious the injury is...... I wasn’t following the game thread and didn’t know if it was discussed but that catch was a damn interception. 

Think I disagree with ya. Both of them came down with the football- if both have possession, ball goes to the offensive player.

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Think I disagree with ya. Both of them came down with the football- if both have possession, ball goes to the offensive player.

If the ball comes out it’s incomplete. You must complete the catch THROUGH THE GROUND. It didn’t come out. The defense took it before the catch was completed. I’m as big of a homer as there is but that’s an interception. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

If the ball comes out it’s incomplete. You must complete the catch THROUGH THE GROUND. It didn’t come out. The defense took it before the catch was completed. I’m as big of a homer as there is but that’s an interception. 

What did the guy in the white hat say it was? 

That's what it was.😁

5 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That's what it was.😁

If the roles were reversed this board would be outraged. 

7 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That's what it was.😁

If the roles were reversed this board would be outraged. 

This small disagreement wouldn't even be taking place if the refs would have just continued to make every close call go against Auburn as we have become accustomed. This season we suddenly are defending the pass without commiting interference. Questionable grounding call against Oregon, and now this was this an interception or not. We can't handle the refs making calls in our favor. It's dividing our fan base...oh wait, that's another thread. :)

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

This small disagreement wouldn't even be taking place if the refs would have just continued to make every close call go against Auburn as we have become accustomed. This season we suddenly are defending the pass without commiting interference. Questionable grounding call against Oregon, and now this was this an interception or not. We can't handle the refs making calls in our favor. It's dividing our fan base...oh wait, that's another thread. :)

I will complain about bad calls against us with the best of them. I am happy we got the best of these two bad calls. But I am legitimate enough to acknowledge that they were bad calls. We have a resident official on the board....he might be summoned. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

I will complain about bad calls against us with the best of them. I am happy we got the best of these two bad calls. But I am legitimate enough to acknowledge that they were bad calls. We have a resident official on the board....he might be summoned. 

The grounding call was certainly questionable. The pass to Williams is the one I'm not sure about but I'll gladly take it in our favor. I'm beyond surprised that our secondary is not getting PI calls. We'll see if that holds once conference play starts. 

8 hours ago, alexava said:

I disagree completely. How can you say he didnt complete the catch? He landed, had the ball and the DB ripped it out while he was lying on his back. It was very obviously not an interception. The controlling the ball through hitting the ground has nothing to do with this at all. Hes down when he hits the ground. If rhe ball pops out, its incomplete. That doesnt mean a DB can rip it afterwards and it be an interception.

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The grounding call was certainly questionable. The pass to Williams is the one I'm not sure about but I'll gladly take it in our favor. I'm beyond surprised that our secondary is not getting PI calls. We'll see if that holds once conference play starts. 

3abl7b.jpg

8 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I disagree completely. How can you say he didnt complete the catch? He landed, had the ball and the DB ripped it out while he was lying on his back. It was very obviously not an interception. 

I thought the same thing. It looked like he secured the ball and once he hits the turf he's down by contact. The ref saw a completion obviously. I watched it several times and couldn't see a reason that would have warranted a reversal IMO. 

45 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I disagree completely. How can you say he didnt complete the catch? He landed, had the ball and the DB ripped it out while he was lying on his back. It was very obviously not an interception. The controlling the ball through hitting the ground has nothing to do with this at all. Hes down when he hits the ground. If rhe ball pops out, its incomplete. That doesnt mean a DB can rip it afterwards and it be an interception.

Being down by contact and completing a catch are two different things. When you hit the ground, even out of bounds you can’t lose the ball until you stop bouncing or rolling. Or it’s incomplete. The ball came out before he stopped his bounce/roll/ slide or whatever momentum he had going. The other guy completed the catch, he didn’t. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Two comments I made to my son, one at the beginning that belongs in another thread, one late in the game that belongs here:

Late Game: "I believe this is the first time in my 55 years that I've seen us get real, dishonest to goodness home cookin' from the refs in any game!"

Early, toward the end of the 1st quarter: "This game is going to be hard to watch because they're going to go vanilla and run straight at that fat arse in the middle of the D until they wear him out, then they'll run around the ends."

2 hours ago, alexava said:

@WarTiger chime in here. Although we all got our minds made up. 

Being down by contact and completing a catch are two different things. When you hit the ground, even out of bounds you can’t lose the ball until you stop bouncing or rolling. Or it’s incomplete. The ball came out before he stopped his bounce/roll/ slide or whatever momentum he had going. The other guy completed the catch, he didn’t. 

I think you've got a valid argument. The other side is that Seth hit the ground with control, rolled through to his back and then the db stripped it from him when he was clearly injured.  How long does the db have to strip it exactly after you've caught the ball?   I couldn't really argue if they called it your way, but I think not over ruling the call on the field was justified.

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I think you've got a valid argument. The other side is that Seth hit the ground with control, rolled through to his back and then the db stripped it from him when he was clearly injured.  How long does the db have to strip it exactly after you've caught the ball?   I couldn't really argue if they called it your way, but I think not over ruling the call on the field was justified.

I’m going by “ through the ground “. 

Actually this angle appears more like a catch than the ones I saw during the game. I still don’t think the catch was completed but this camera angle helps our case. 

44 minutes ago, alexava said:

Actually this angle appears more like a catch than the ones I saw during the game. I still don’t think the catch was completed but this camera angle helps our case. 

Catch.

12 hours ago, alexava said:

Is a completion for the offense.  When this play happened live I thought it was a joint reception which by rule goes to the offense, but after seeing the replays the defender never touched the ball until Williams rolled over.  

The ball never came out. It was taken after Williams rolled over.  It was absolutely and totally a completion.   IMO, had it been ruled an interception on the field, replay would have reversed it.   It was in no way, shape or form an interception. 

Theres also no such thing as down by contact in the college or high school game.  Down by contact is an nfl thing because they allow the player to get up and advance the ball if he wasnt touched.

Archived