Seth Update?

War to the Eagle

14 hours ago, alexava said:

If the roles were reversed this board would be outraged. 

WarTiger already cleared it up but this is never a reason to believe a call was right or wrong. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Is a completion for the offense.  When this play happened live I thought it was a joint reception which by rule goes to the offense, but after seeing the replays the defender never touched the ball until Williams rolled over.  

The ball never came out. It was taken after Williams rolled over.  It was absolutely and totally a completion.   IMO, had it been ruled an interception on the field, replay would have reversed it.   It was in no way, shape or form an interception. 

Theres also no such thing as down by contact in the college or high school game.  Down by contact is an nfl thing because they allow the player to get up and advance the ball if he wasnt touched.

Hypothetically, if the db had flipped the ball out when he was rolling over instead of taking it away wouldn’t it be an incomplete pass. 

23 hours ago, alexava said:

If the roles were reversed this board would be outraged. 

Not really... even if you take that 7 off the board we still win the game... what does it matter... Now if that play cost us a win... yes you are correct. 

But.... woulda, coulda, shoulda.... We win, they LOSE

I think it was a catch without a doubt! Not sure what all the fuss is about.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I think it was a catch without a doubt! Not sure what all the fuss is about.

No fuss just discussion. The back view that I hadn’t seen yet made me less sure of my initial call. 

36 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Any confirmation out there of Kennypowers post on page 1 of this thread that it's a "sprained ac joint"?😉

My guess is you won’t know anything till next Saturday.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:54 AM, alexava said:

Hypothetically, if the db had flipped the ball out when he was rolling over instead of taking it away wouldn’t it be an incomplete pass. 

Perhaps.  I say perhaps because we never really know what replay is going to do at times.  If I'm on the field, I rule that a catch every time regardless if the db rips it out because he clearly has possession and is down by rule plus it doesn't come out on its own. It's taken away after he rolls.   Now, what would replay say on it?  Your guess is as good as mine. 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:14 PM, boisnumber1 said:

I disagree completely. How can you say he didnt complete the catch? He landed, had the ball and the DB ripped it out while he was lying on his back. It was very obviously not an interception. The controlling the ball through hitting the ground has nothing to do with this at all. Hes down when he hits the ground. If rhe ball pops out, its incomplete. That doesnt mean a DB can rip it afterwards and it be an interception.

I already posted my interpretation of things and its a catch all day every day.    However,   you completely contradict yourself with both of those bolded statements above.  If controlling the ball through hitting the ground doesn't matter, then how would it be an incomplete pass if it pops out?     Answer:  Controlling the ball through hitting the ground ALWAYS matters in every attempt to catch a pass.    See rule reference below.    The ball popping out on its own is very different than having it taken away.   This would have been an interesting situation for the replay official had the ball popped out instead of the defender taking it away.   He rolls with posession and the ball was taken away after the roll, so that roll would make him down and thus a catch.

Rule 2-4-3b

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without
contact by an opponent) he must maintain complete and continuous
control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground,
whether in the field of play or in the end zone.
This is also required for a
player attempting to make a catch at the sideline and going to the ground
out of bounds. If he loses control of the ball which then touches the
ground before he regains control, it is not a catch. If he regains control
inbounds prior to the ball touching the ground it is a catch.

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

So for those of us looking for a Seth update we should look elsewhere? 🥺

I was going to say something like: even people on this board that claim to have inside information, really don’t. Then I decided, it is probably best that I don’t see anything like that.

We need Seth bad for the TAMU game. No one else has his skill set unless it's Farrar or Mclain and they seldom see the field.

Actually, I'm sorta hoping they hold Seth out even if he is cleared to play. Personally, I'm hoping they'll try to work on developing depth, because fact is, even though we have a bunch of guys designated as receivers, most of them have not had a chance to contribute on the field.

I'm thinking a bunch of those receivers just haven't figured out how to block! 😬

17 hours ago, AURex said:

Actually, I'm sorta hoping they hold Seth out even if he is cleared to play. Personally, I'm hoping they'll try to work on developing depth, because fact is, even though we have a bunch of guys designated as receivers, most of them have not had a chance to contribute on the field.

I'm thinking a bunch of those receivers just haven't figured out how to block! 😬

If he is 100% fine...it should be OK to play. If not 100%, let him heal and play all the receivers until one indicates he is able to make plays and stay on the field.

53 minutes ago, au701948 said:

If he is 100% fine...it should be OK to play. If not 100%, let him heal and play all the receivers until one indicates he is able to make plays and stay on the field.

He has already been ruled out this week. That was a few days ago.

Archived