Tulane Post Game Thread

Auctoritas

41 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Now, 64, I treasure your wisdom.  This is not about respect.  This is about glaring issues that we are concerned may not get fixed in time for the big battles ahead.  This is about a pattern of weaknesses in execution and coaching that we are not sure has been or ever will be corrected.  This is also about an irrational amount of dollars attached to "results", honestly procured under fear of bailing a few years ago and many feel stuck between the what is, the what could be, and the fear of something worse.  We will bleed and die orange and blue, and as a hometown girl who grew up in the shadow of a mighty university that employed by father for nearly 3 decades, I am invested.  There are too many threads and responses out there that address exactly what I am saying, but my goodness...the short quips just aren't helping.

"Critiques" might offer real suggestions for improvement....the snarky personal comments about staff contributes nothing and shows a lack of respect for the team...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Now, 64, I treasure your wisdom.  This is not about respect.  This is about glaring issues that we are concerned may not get fixed in time for the big battles ahead.  This is about a pattern of weaknesses in execution and coaching that we are not sure has been or ever will be corrected.  This is also about an irrational amount of dollars attached to "results", honestly procured under fear of bailing a few years ago and many feel stuck between the what is, the what could be, and the fear of something worse.  We will bleed and die orange and blue, and as a hometown girl who grew up in the shadow of a mighty university that employed by father for nearly 3 decades, I am invested.  There are too many threads and responses out there that address exactly what I am saying, but my goodness...the short quips just aren't helping.

Thank you.

It's amazing to me that as soon as you point out or talk about glaring issues that Hellen Keller could see, certain posters jump in to defend the indefensible. It's not like those that see and talk about these issues don't want AU to be successful...it's quite the opposite.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Lots of execution issues by starters....OL, WR, etc. and repetition should help.  Would like to see the starters get it right ..and they have work to do.

I understand your notion of the starters getting reps to get it right.

However, if they aren't getting it right against Tulane... after Spring Ball, Summer Workouts, Fall Camp & 1 Actual Game against Oregon..... then maybe it's time to give the next man up a try.  Might even find out that when the lights are on, the "backup" might turn out superior over the supposed starter.

18 minutes ago, around4ever said:

If you aren't going to show the playbook and the game is in hand, why keep all of your starters in the game?   Execution is an issue and the first execution issue is play calling and schemes.  

I agree.  I would have loved to see our 2’s and 3’s by the third quarter.  Regarding the schemes, I think the best test to see if what I am saying is correct is the A&M game.  If we see new plays then great.  If not, then my rationale for thinking is incorrect.  

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thank you.

It's amazing to me that as soon as you point out or talk about glaring issues that Hellen Keller could see, certain posters jump in to defend the indefensible. It's not like those that see and talk about these issues don't want AU to be successful...it's quite the opposite.

She is one of my heroines...summer visit to Ivy Green fresh in my mind.  Yes.  Pretending something that's broken isn't keeps it from getting fixed.  

20190808_154856.jpg

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

"Critiques" might offer real suggestions for improvement....the snarky personal comments about staff contributes nothing and shows a lack of respect for the team...

Well your snarky comments aren’t helping either 

What does Gus have on these folks? Is he spiking the water? Are the repeated”no doubts” in his press conferences actually a mind control device he uses to fool half of our fanbase? Or are they just so simple minded as to not want to see the truth? This isn’t his second year folks,.,its the SEVENTH... bama runs our offense better than we do...Clemson runs our offense better than we do...LSU now runs a better offense than we do and hell they didn’t even need one to beat coach Genius the last two years...the writing is all over the wall here folks and has been since 2015...how long do you give Harry High School to figure things out? He will not win another title at Auburn. I hope he proves me wrong, I hope we win every stinking game and I will have a plate of crow with hot sauce and enjoy every bite but if you can’t see a pattern here I don’t know what to tell ya.

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well your snarky comments aren’t helping either 

Example please.....though being snarky about posters should be acceptable.

Being snarky about coaching staff, president of the school, the team in general?   I try to stay away from that but can't guarantee that I don't make some unseemly comments. ..

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Being snarky about coaching staff, president of the school, the team in general?   I try to stay away from that but can't guarantee that I don't make some unseemly comments. ..

Saying things like Auburn fans don’t respect the team but the AP does?

majority want auburn to play up to their potential and that is the point of frustration. Yes , we beat Oregon, but it was a tale of two halves  We slept walked through Tulane. Imagine if we played to our potential in both games? I am glad we got the victories , but there is much work to be done on BOTH sides of the ball. 

Thus far, we have shown we have no identity on offense. We certainly have no consistency.

I truly hope things change over the next couple of weeks, because if it doesn't, we're going to get embarrassed at College Station, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:41 PM, Eagle-1 said:

Thanks.  Gus repeatedly ran it right at the only NFL prospect Tulane has. He's a moron

Doesn't matter what the defense's weakness are. We will run the system till the death of us.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, Gowebb11 said:

And that’s terrifying about the o-line because if the backups are as soft and non-aggressive as our 5 starters, we are in for a hopeless rebuild next year. 

Lol, buckle up because it's going to be ugly next year regardless who our HC is.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:04 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Agree. Nick Marshall was an absolute wizard at reading a defense, when it came to running the ball. He couldn’t read the pass for ****. But he was a zone read nightmare for other teams. You’d think someone taught him that, but I haven’t seen it since he left.

Not sure if he was great at reading the D on the zone read. It was widely speculated that he wasn't making a read at all, but the poor pre-snap read Gus was making to dictate whether or not Nick kept or gave it was being mitigated by NM's elite ability to elude tacklers

On 9/8/2019 at 1:14 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think at this point its built into the offense to be one read regardless. They let JS actually scan the field a bit more his sophomore effort here, but I think it dulls the mind so much to only stare one guy down that you start forcing it. Im far from one of the Bo apologists on this board, but I think hes a better passer, at least mentally, than he's shown at this school so far. His troubling touch is all on him, but the play that Will got killed on, that was a one read play. Two open guys streaking deep, and Bo threw it to his one read. I just think passing QBs here are doomed to fail...which is partially why I believed starting Joey should be a no brainer. Once again, Gus doesnt know himself

Underrated post

14 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I understand your notion of the starters getting reps to get it right.

However, if they aren't getting it right against Tulane... after Spring Ball, Summer Workouts, Fall Camp & 1 Actual Game against Oregon..... then maybe it's time to give the next man up a try.  Might even find out that when the lights are on, the "backup" might turn out superior over the supposed starter.

With Gus, the master of not knowing how to evaluate talent, there's always a 50/50 shot that the right guys aren't out there getting the snaps.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

64, you are one of very few on this board that has followed AU as long/longer than me, so don't pay any attention to the way that i type or what it MAY sound like because i do have much respect for you.  So, "come, let us reason together.". 

I can't help but notice that you don't like my man, Bruce Pearl, who is also a flawed coach and like us all, a flawed man. Why do you not like Bruce, and  criticize him at every turn, but defend Coach "no doubt?"....i see a bit of hypocrisy there because your man does not have a good reputation back in arkansas and did some underhanded stuff....look it up, its well known and documented.  Now, 64, lets say that you own a business, and you hire a dude and pay him out the nose to do a job and he just does enough to get by, does the same stuff every day, with just average results.  You see your competitor hiring hot shots that go beyond what is asked and is constantly producing results that are excellent. At some point, are you not going to light a fire under your guys butt?. or are you going to continue to pay him more than your competitor for with only average results?. 

I saw that malzahn was over his head in 2014 and voiced it.  Nathan will vouch for that. I want him to succeed, and so does everybody on this board, but it will only be average success because he cannot adapt. WDE is not blowing smoke up our butt when he started revealing things that he know. Why does he only surround himself with "yes men" and not try to hire proven coaches?. He is insecure about himself and his coaching ability, and it shows. Oh, he is a brilliant man, with the mind of an engineer, and that is part of the problem. Having dealt with engineers during my career, the sob's will spend a million $'s to make a $100 machine work, just because it was their idea and their development project. That is Gus

64, we are all on the same side man, but this crap ain't working,man! Back and take a look and be honest. I did and its why I like basketball more than football, that and a health episode against LSU 2 years ago. I no longer get emotional during games, I just expect Gus to be Gus and let it go at that

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

64, you are one of very few on this board that has followed AU as long/longer than me, so don't pay any attention to the way that i type or what it MAY sound like because i do have much respect for you.  So, "come, let us reason together.". 

I can't help but notice that you don't like my man, Bruce Pearl, who is also a flawed coach and like us all, a flawed man. Why do you not like Bruce, and  criticize him at every turn, but defend Coach "no doubt?"....i see a bit of hypocrisy there because your man does not have a good reputation back in arkansas and did some underhanded stuff....look it up, its well known and documented.  Now, 64, lets say that you own a business, and you hire a dude and pay him out the nose to do a job and he just does enough to get by, does the same stuff every day, with just average results.  You see your competitor hiring hot shots that go beyond what is asked and is constantly producing results that are excellent. At some point, are you not going to light a fire under your guys butt?. or are you going to continue to pay him more than your competitor for with only average results?. 

I saw that malzahn was over his head in 2014 and voiced it.  Nathan will vouch for that. I want him to succeed, and so does everybody on this board, but it will only be average success because he cannot adapt. WDE is not blowing smoke up our butt when he started revealing things that he know. Why does he only surround himself with "yes men" and not try to hire proven coaches?. He is insecure about himself and his coaching ability, and it shows. Oh, he is a brilliant man, with the mind of an engineer, and that is part of the problem. Having dealt with engineers during my career, the sob's will spend a million $'s to make a $100 machine work, just because it was their idea and their development project. That is Gus

64, we are all on the same side man, but this crap ain't working,man! Back and take a look and be honest. I did and its why I like basketball more than football, that and a health episode against LSU 2 years ago. I no longer get emotional during games, I just expect Gus to be Gus and let it go at that

don't expect a response

45 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

You are talking to a guy who criticized dan Mullen inability to take the next turn at Mississippi State , but flat out told me Gus is where he should be. This guy legitimately told me there is no excuse because Dan Mullen has SEC talent , but flat out disregarded the same critique about Gus. Context.

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

Be better than this. 

7 hours ago, DAG said:

You are talking to a guy who criticized dan Mullen inability to take the next turn at Mississippi State , but flat out told me Gus is where he should be. This guy legitimately told me there is no excuse because Dan Mullen has SEC talent , but flat out disregarded the same critique about Gus. Context.

homer_football.jpeg.jpg

The difference in AU and other programs. At other schools you can put up huge numbers against the rent a win teams and pad your QB stats and make them look gaudy by putting up 3 or 4 touchdowns in the 3 or 4 cupcake games you have a year. NOT AT AUBURN!!! At other schools against the tulanes of the world WRs are streaking open down the field WIDE OPEN for a easy touchdown. NOT HERE! We still can barely manage a passing attack. WILL I EVEN BE ALIVE when Auburn has a 4k yard passer for the first time?!?! DOUBT IT!!!! Or how about the next time we have a one thousand yard WR!!!!! I was 10 years old last time it happened and that was 20 years ago!!! Ronny Daniels gets with Bob Griese and the 72 dolphins and pops some champagne any time a AU football season ends and there is no 1k yard WR!!! haha.

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The difference in AU and other programs. At other schools you can put up huge numbers against the rent a win teams and pad your QB stats and make them look gaudy by putting up 3 or 4 touchdowns in the 3 or 4 cupcake games you have a year. NOT AT AUBURN!!! At other schools against the tulanes of the world WRs are streaking open down the field WIDE OPEN for a easy touchdown. NOT HERE! We still can barely manage a passing attack. WILL I EVEN BE ALIVE when Auburn has a 4k yard passer for the first time?!?! DOUBT IT!!!! Or how about the next time we have a one thousand yard WR!!!!! I was 10 years old last time it happened and that was 20 years ago!!! Ronny Daniels gets with Bob Griese and the 72 dolphins and pops some champagne any time a AU football season ends and there is no 1k yard WR!!! haha.

Well don’t you know it’s because we are playing vanilla ? [yellow font]

Archived