Null



Sign in to follow this  
Auctoritas

Tulane Post Game Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Ed Orgeron has a much better offense than Gus. Let that one sink in.

Because Coach O plays his role.... a game manager. He runs the team as a CEO and lets his coordinators do their jobs. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Tulane vs UCF and Tulane vs Army should be very interesting this year!

UCF will obliterate Tulane

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think about this, Charlie Weis was given almost $19 million not to coach. The largest amount in CFB history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we'll owe Gus somewhere around $26 million. Let that sink in. Thank you Steven Leath. What a moron.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

It’s a shame what the recruiting., or lack thereof, has turned this OLine into. Any touted freshman could have walked onto this line and started and we couldn’t get five or six guys? 

I agree, and I put the ol recruiting, or lack there of, on gus. But this ol should know, and I hope they do, that this is absolute embarrassment to auburn. But given that, Harrell will probably make a 😂 emoji when they have a good drive against Kent state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

On O

we lost the battle up front 

Have no viable WRs outside of 3 -4 players with no development. 

We are extremely predictable in playcalling

We have no SEC quality passing concepts

We continue to abuse one RB for carries with out #2 guy probably not starting on any sec team

 

We won this game 100% off of depth, just like last week. 2 weeks in a row that we were taken to the woodshed by inferior athletes with better coaching. 

Glad we won, but can't wait until this buy out can happen.  AU deserves better than a has been 

And this is year 7

 

How terrible a job this man has done.   Yet Auburn still finds a way to pay him $7 Million a year with a huge guaranteed buyout.

wow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is sloppy and uninspired offensive performances like tonight that gives me very little confidence that Gus will survive as HC after this year .

Again, he fails to give the backup QB any real game passing experience . Absolutely insane!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Think about this, Charlie Weis was given almost $19 million not to coach. The largest amount in CFB history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we'll owe Gus somewhere around $26 million. Let that sink in. Thank you Steven Leath. What a moron.

Worst (Auburn) president ever?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Texas field bigger than ours?  Seems like there is lot more open space for receivers to catch the ball. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

How about that Maryland offense lol

Locksley is the best offensive mind the state of Alabama has seen this decade. The guy is incredible. If they got Hurts like they were so close to doing, they would probably be able to compete with Clemson, seriously. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I agree, and I put the ol recruiting, or lack there of, on gus. But this ol should know, and I hope they do, that this is absolute embarrassment to auburn. But given that, Harrell will probably make a 😂 emoji when they have a good drive against Kent state.

Harrell would do well to spend less time on twitter and more time in the gym.  Cause he got whipped 2 weeks in a row.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

‘The OL is not good. Tulane DL manhandled us from the get go..we only started running the ball well after they were just spent.. (same as last week) 

The play calling is atrocious. I am beginning to believe that all of our plays are predetermined.. Gus tells the QBs when to keep and when to hand off.. and who to throw it too when a pass play is called.. I can’t believe anything else after witnessing the play calling tonight.. 

we have too much talent to be this bad on offense. 

 

I just think Gus does not have the progression to be a playcaller. Granted the line isn’t great, but that also falls at his feet. I always support the boys and they play so hard, but I am at a point that I can’t stand see us like this. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

LSU just gave Texas a knockout blow. It’s sad when the Ragin Cajun Coach O is smarter than the HC at Auburn. 

Coach O is a good coach........been saying this for years......LSU is a perfect fit.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

1. It’s not always about the win, it’s how you win.

2. LSU has a stronger offense than us. They have 3 100 yard receivers in a game. First time in school history.

3. We need to get more discipline 

4. Can’t get too predictable with either QB

5. Gus seems to be okay with just getting by. I don’t like it.

6. Tulane was bad, bad, bad.

7. I just want to see more growth. Did not happen today.

8. WDE

LSU is just better coached. You wouldn't think Auburn was a top 10 recruiting team by the way they play. It's been that way since Gus got here. In two years from now, it will be "people need to relax, Bo is starting to show signs " 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

‘The OL is not good. Tulane DL manhandled us from the get go..we only started running the ball well after they were just spent.. (same as last week) 

The play calling is atrocious. I am beginning to believe that all of our plays are predetermined.. Gus tells the QBs when to keep and when to hand off.. and who to throw it too when a pass play is called.. I can’t believe anything else after witnessing the play calling tonight.. 

we have too much talent to be this bad on offense. 

 

I agree with this. Bo literally goes with his first read or throws it away. Granted he hasn’t had a lot of time but it makes me think that’s the case because even when he has had time he only makes one read. I don’t think that’s all Bo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Locksley is the best offensive mind the state of Alabama has seen this decade. The guy is incredible. If they got Hurts like they were so close to doing, they would probably be able to compete with Clemson, seriously. 

His coaching experience prior to this year gives me...pause.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were the wildcard of preseason. We knew we had a million wide recievers. We knew if Bo beat out Gatewood well that's bad-ass. We questioned the OL but the outside world said they were tops. We knew coach had his tendencies- but if we knew them, surely he knew them! We were gonna run the hurry up, establish rhythm, use our weapons.

cjDc7c5qyLXIjLNIhq.gif

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AUTiger2012 said:

Harrell would do well to spend less time on twitter and more time in the gym.  Cause he got whipped 2 weeks in a row.

He made sure to 😂😂 marcello last week when they didn’t exactly look like world beaters in the second half 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Well this board is a dumpster fire tonight. Goodnight my disgruntled Auburn Family members. Y'all enjoy the pity party, I'm outta here!

Well, bye

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

He made sure to 😂😂 marcello last week when they didn’t exactly look like world beaters in the second half 

Maybe he is good blocking behind a keyboard because I have not seen it in 3 years on the field.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

LSU just gave Texas a knockout blow. It’s sad when the Ragin Cajun Coach O is smarter than the HC at Auburn. 

Coach O has learned from his past mistakes (Ole Miss, UT, USC*). Wish Gus would do the same.

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUwent said:

His coaching experience prior to this year gives me...pause.

Go ahead and look at Joe Brady's then. All he did was hold Payton's jock like Dillingham is currently doing and see how much he was able to glean. Locksley is going to make some program very happy. Hell, Enos and Gattis got jobs just because they served under him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this