Tulane Post Game Thread

Auctoritas

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree that the run blocking has been bad, but part of me thinks the main problem is that we run it right up the middle every play. If they’d throw a stretch, toss, pitch, read option, etc in the defense would have to spread out a little. Teams are just cramming the box on us.

Thanks.  Gus repeatedly ran it right at the only NFL prospect Tulane has. He's a moron

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just face it. Nothing has changed. Gus has been calling the plays all the time. The only hope we have, is that he will be fired at the end of the season. Patrick Nix is a better offensive coach than him.

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Won't work my friend. It ain't 2010. Defenses have caught on to that high school crap.

Oh the 2010 and 2013 offenses are high school, but the crap we’ve run the past 3 years isn’t? 👍

it’s not Joey vs Bo. It’s this Auburn team vs Gus. He’s trash and unfortunately for us we’ve been stuck in this cycle of holding out for better in hopes we don’t have to self implode and suffer through years of losing while we try to find a head coach. I honestly rather lose because winning like this ain’t it. 

9 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

God this has gotten so old and tired! Can we not end this already? The man is not a major college football coach. End of story 

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The receivers are hindered by having no route tree and a position coach who, though I love the man, didn’t really earn his job.

RBs aren’t being rotated out despite an Auburn legend expressing his desire to do so. One should have transferred a while ago and could have killed it a group of 5 school (Kam), one Gus doesn’t trust as a full time back (Shivers), the other is fumbling and exhausted (Boobee), Joiner and Malik might as well transfer the way they’re not used and then you’re left with two injured studs (MAR and DJ).

Plus, even Cadillac would struggle behind this OL

Responding to both these comments, this is the last year Gus gets to pull this act of doing just barely enough to keep his job.

We lose ALL our starters off of this line next year and half our defense. The buyout will have dropped another year too.

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Thanks.  Gus repeatedly ran it right at the only NFL prospect Tulane has. He's a moron

If we ran a HB counter I’m convinced ankles would snap like DRose. We run such a simple offense I think Snoop Dog’s pop warner team could solve it.

If we play the same next week against a very weak team I will be concerned. Tulane is not that bad of a team. We covered the spread of 17 so that is positive. 2-0 . Could be Tennessee though...

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The receivers are hindered by having no route tree and a position coach who, though I love the man, didn’t really earn his job.

RBs aren’t being rotated out despite an Auburn legend expressing his desire to do so. One should have transferred a while ago and could have killed it a group of 5 school (Kam), one Gus doesn’t trust as a full time back (Shivers), the other is fumbling and exhausted (Boobee), Joiner and Malik might as well transfer the way they’re not used and then you’re left with two injured studs (MAR and DJ).

Plus, even Cadillac would struggle behind this OL

That's bull, boobie can run with this online, but not one other can make a play. We have had a couple 4 star receivers a year for a while and your telling me Seth and a walk on are the only ones that can get open. Their either way over rated or can't run a route. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree that the run blocking has been bad, but part of me thinks the main problem is that we run it right up the middle every play. If they’d throw a stretch, toss, pitch, read option, etc in the defense would have to spread out a little. Teams are just cramming the box on us.

Exactly.. CGM is not playing to our strengths.. Nix kept a ball tonight and had a good run.. I guarantee CGM dictates that.. he should let him run more often. And we have a freshman QB so teams are going to make him beat you.. it would be so nice if our head coach would actually plan a game to play to our strengths.  

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Oregon just scored 77 on a Nevada team that beat Purdue. Our D is good.

Our D is good, no doubt, but even they played sloppy tonight. Two dropped touchdown passes by Tulane and several more elsewhere. Plus, their QB couldn't the broad side of a barn.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Responding to both these comments, this is the last year Gus gets to pull this act of doing just barely enough to keep his job.

We lose ALL our starters off of this line next year and half our defense. The buyout will have dropped another year too.

Yeah it's over

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Eh. Very vanilla play calling all night. Hopefully Gus is just hiding stuff from A&M. At least we covered the spread...

You can just buy Gus Malzahn's playbook for dummies at Barnes n Nobles in the 75% off bin.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh the 2010 and 2013 offenses are high school, the crap we’ve run the past 3 years isn’t? 👍

If you know anything about offensive football concepts, yes they were. Deshaun Watson knew it. That's why he went to Clemson. He wasn't about to come here and be a running back at the QB position

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

If we play the same next week against a very weak team I will be concerned. Tulane is not that bad of a team. We covered the spread of 17 so that is positive. 2-0 . Could be Tennessee though...

Well we loss to this hapless Tennessee team last year. Let’s not set precedence so low. We should be much better against Tulane.

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

But at what cost? ... Seth and Will.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

But then he'll beat Goergia and Alabama at home and he'll get another extension.

1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

That's bull, boobie can run with this online, but not one other can make a play. We have had a couple 4 star receivers a year for a while and your telling me Seth and a walk on are the only ones that can get open. Their either way over rated or can't run a route. 

Boobee was averaging less than 2 yards per carry in that first half. Come on now.

The problem is our qb’s aren’t being asked to go to reads so the receiver is all but predetermined. They pigeon hole receivers into only being able to do one or two things.

The second party you’re proving my point that we have a receivers coach who isn’t pulling his weight. We have to stop hiring quarterbacks for the WR coach position. 

I knew Tulane wouldn't be an EASY win but the as many have stated....yeah our offense is hot garbage. I would be more understanding about the offense if defenses were actually hendering much of what we do. However, it's the same old mess....no offensive innovation that fits our players. Granted our WRs have to do a much better job to get separation. Our best WR is Hastings and that's by far! Kid is always open. If he had size he'd been even more deadly.

We have to find better ways to get the ball to our play makers in space. We don't attack the middle of the field. Same ol same ol. It's a win though. We could be Tenn right now! So i'll enjoy another win before killing my kidneys when we play A&M. WDE!

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

But then he'll beat Goergia and Alabama at home and he'll get another extension.

If our offense manages more than one touchdown against Alabama it’ll be a miracle of improvement.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Boobee was averaging less than 2 yards per carry in that first half. Come on now.

The problem is our qb’s aren’t being asked to go to reads so the receiver is all but predetermined. They pigeon hole receivers into only being able to do one or two things.

The second party you’re proving my point that we have a receivers coach who isn’t pulling his weight. We have to stop hiring quarterbacks for the WR coach position. 

But, but, but, Kodi played WR. He learned all there is to know from Gus🤔

Archived