Tulane Post Game Thread

Auctoritas

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yeah Malzahn's never putzed around with second tier teams then beaten the Georgia's, aTms and/or Bamas in the same season. Unheard of. Never happened.

You'll settle for THAT?! 

Apparantly so do the PTB.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

Were all are all the these 4 star receivers and rbs, step up!

Unless they can play on the OL, it’s somewhat difficult. 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

But, but, but, Kodi played WR. He learned all there is to know from Gus🤔

I just want this nightmare to end lol

11 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Thanks.  Gus repeatedly ran it right at the only NFL prospect Tulane has. He's a moron

Some folks would rather question who RB1 is rather than understand who was lined up on DL for tulane

Just now, DAG said:

Our defense is good but maybe it’s just me, but something about them just don’t scream elite.

I was expecting the D line to dominate more. I’m not seeing it 

UCF has put up  over 30 points per game for the last 4 years with 2 coaches....next coach??? Coach at UCF...Hypel 

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We lose ALL our starters off of this line next year and half our defense. The buyout will have dropped another year too.

And that’s terrifying about the o-line because if the backups are as soft and non-aggressive as our 5 starters, we are in for a hopeless rebuild next year. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If our offense manages more than one touchdown against Alabama it’ll be a miracle of improvement.

If Bo has 100 passing yards and Boobie goes an entire game without putting the ball on the ground, even if he has negative yards rushing, they should get game balls by whomever the new head coach will be.

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

And that’s terrifying about the o-line because if the backups are as soft and non-aggressive as our 5 starters, we are in for a hopeless rebuild next year. 

If it means we finally get to put this painful era to rest next 12/2, so be it.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Our defense is good but maybe it’s just me, but something about them just don’t scream elite.

. Good..yes..  but elite... no. We can only hope they will keep us in a few games and give us a chance to win. That’s the only hope we will have.. I honestly expect to see games like we had last year against MSU and Tennessee.. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

They have elite talent, but not elite coaching. Probably not popular here, but Garner is highly overrated. His defensive linemen repeatedly over run plays, get caught out of position, and lose contain on the edge. It's not rocket science. I will remind everyone that Miss.State gashed them continuously last season with a QB running the same damn play 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

They are big and strong and wear teams down with wrestling matches, but they aren’t capable of consistent QBs pressure and sacks. 

13 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If you know anything about offensive football concepts, yes they were. Deshaun Watson knew it. That's why he went to Clemson. He wasn't about to come here and be a running back at the QB position

I’m not saying the guys have got to run a wildcat every play, but it no doubt opens up an offense when the QB is a threat to keep it and take it to the house on run plays. There is no way in hell, we are any less productive offensively if Joey or even Bo pulled it a hand full more times a game. What defenses have “figured out” is that we hand the ball off up the middle a million times a game. That’s why they stack the box a sell out to the run every play. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

They are big and strong and wear teams down with wrestling matches, but they aren’t capable of consistent QBs pressure and sacks. 

^ This

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Boobee was averaging less than 2 yards per carry in that first half. Come on now.

The problem is our qb’s aren’t being asked to go to reads so the receiver is all but predetermined. They pigeon hole receivers into only being able to do one or two things.

The second party you’re proving my point that we have a receivers coach who isn’t pulling his weight. We have to stop hiring quarterbacks for the WR coach position. 

Whitlow is the only back we have who can do anything. Without him we have no running game. Where is a big bruiser to get a few yards. Martin comes in every game and after two plays he is limping around. If mazlhahn believes we must run to win then gatewood is the answer or run nix more. Once nix leaves the pocket he should just run because he can't  throw on the run

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

We're missing an elite edge rusher. Same as last year. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not saying the guys got to run a wildcat every play, but it no doubt opens up an offense when the QB is a threat to keep it and take it to the house on run plays. There is no way in hell, we are any less productive offensively if Joey or even Bo pulled it a hand full more times a game. What defenses have “figured out” is that we hand the ball off up the middle a million times a game.

Because those reads are predetermined.. bo will run it once or twice .. even when Joey was in he handed it off to Martin right up the middle for 1 yard and he would have scored had he been allowed to really read it out and keep it. Same goes for Bo. 

It was a win that didn't feel like one...until I handed my smuggled, squashed TP roll to two little tigers with no tissue who had never rolled Toomers before. The looks on their faces! That delight was supplanted by the fact that Updyke poisoned our two trees, but we now roll about eight. Sweet. 

20190907_223312.jpg

20 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Coach O has learned from his past mistakes (Ole Miss, UT, USC*). Wish Gus would do the same.

What mistakes?.......Ole Miss?..........One coach to the best of my memory has had success and he's coaching Duke........Freeze sorta so maybe 2.

In my opinion Coach O is a humble man from humble beginnings.........He has his dream job and he's not about to squander his oppurtunity........He's also the type of coach that has the love and respect of his players......I am willing to bet they'll fight for their coach.

Coach O knows what he has with LSU and he is working hard getting the right coaches in place and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins and NC before he is done.

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

Because those reads are predetermined.. bo will run it once or twice .. even when Joey was in he handed it off to Martin right up the middle for 1 yard and he would have scored had he been allowed to really read it out and keep it. Same goes for Bo. 

Agree. Nick Marshall was an absolute wizard at reading a defense, when it came to running the ball. He couldn’t read the pass for ****. But he was a zone read nightmare for other teams. You’d think someone taught him that, but I haven’t seen it since he left.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not saying the guys got to run a wildcat every play, but it no doubt opens up an offense when the QB is a threat to keep it and take it to the house on run plays. There is no way in hell, we are any less productive offensively if Joey or even Bo pulled it a hand full more times a game. What defenses have “figured out” is that we hand the ball off up the middle a million times a game.

I get what you're saying, but if you don't have a legitimate threat in the passing game you're only one dimensional. Football has quickly evolved to a game in which you develope passing concepts to isolate your WR playmakers into one on one situations, and mismatches. Some of it has to do with the way the game is officiated these days favoring the offensive player. WR's are allowed to push off excessively, and have the advantage. Greg Robinson's, and Lee Ziembas only come along once in a decade or so. You can't just simply line up, and run over the elite athletes that so many teams in the SEC have on defense.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Agree. Nick Marshall was an absolute wizard at reading a defense, when it came to running the ball. He couldn’t read the pass for ****. But he was a zone read nightmare for other teams. You’d think someone taught him that, but I haven’t seen it since he left.

Amen, why can't we try this with gatewood

Archived