So what are the most urgent things that need to be addressed

cole256

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So true fan!!! Gus is just a less high profile Chip Kelly. They don't adapt. They don't innovate. They don't adjust and they don't tweak. They are married to their system for better or worse. And both of them are being left behind because the refuse to adjust. System coaches are way to stubborn for their own good.

exactly! it's all they know and if it's not working they just keep doing the same BS

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tiger said:

We basically have the modern version of Hal Mumme. Everyone took his O and ran with it while he stayed the same and he is currently coaching at *checks* The Dallas Renegades.

Everyone took Gus' O and modernized it and we are stuck running our RB into the buttcrack of our RG. Soon enough Gus will be coaching at wherever Kiehl Frazier finished his college career. If only Steven Leath didn't freaking sabotage us.....

Gus will make an excellent XFL Coach? 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would love that too but apparently there is some underneath stuff. I have no true evidence. Just rumors. 

It is odd he hasn't moved on already and watching him against A&M I think the dudes not all there socially. Don't want to be an armchair psychiatrist but there's a lot of weird mannerisms displayed by Venables. Lincoln Riley would be awesome but it would be a lateral move for him at best.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

It is odd he hasn't moved on already and watching him against A&M I think the dudes not all there socially. Don't want to be an armchair psychiatrist but there's a lot of weird mannerisms displayed by Venables. Lincoln Riley would be awesome but it would be a lateral move for him at best.

I would sacrifice everyone's first born in here who has not had kids yet to get Lincoln Riley!!! Lol. Sorry I am making a executive decision. Is there anyone having more fun week to week than Oklahoma fans!? That offense is must see tv.

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Gus will make an excellent XFL Coach? 

Excellent Madden 20 coach. Easy difficulty.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I would sacrifice everyone's first born in here who has not had kids yet to get Lincoln Riley!!! Lol. Sorry I am making a executive decision. Is there anyone having more fun week to week than Oklahoma fans!? That offense is must see tv.

Imagine what he could do with Joey Gatewood and Bo Nix. Pair him with Steele as his D Coord.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lincoln Riley next stop is the NFL for sure

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We basically have the modern version of Hal Mumme. Everyone took his O and ran with it while he stayed the same and he is currently coaching at *checks* The Dallas Renegades.

Everyone took Gus' O and modernized it and we are stuck running our RB into the buttcrack of our RG. Soon enough Gus will be coaching at wherever Kiehl Frazier finished his college career. If only Steven Leath didn't freaking sabotage us.....

Best analogy and example I have ever seen about Gus!!!! He is totally Hal mumme!!!! Lol love it Brodie!!!!

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Lincoln Riley next stop is the NFL for sure

Carolina Panthers hopefully lol imagine him with Cam

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Excellent Madden 20 coach. Easy difficulty.

Gus calling is playing Madden 04 on the PS2 and using the falcons and just running Mike vick over and over!!! Lol

Just now, Zeek said:

One can only wish. Ron Rivera should’ve been out a long time ago. 

Just now, Zeek said:

The cards should of hired him. Kingsbury is just the clearance rack version of Riley! Lol 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Best analogy and example I have ever seen about Gus!!!! He is totally Hal mumme!!!! Lol love it Brodie!!!!

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yall being real unfair here...to Hal Mumme...

Image result for hal mumme

21 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

i want to go get venables.

You might want to talk to some OU fans first.  Their d is still trying to recover from his tenure there.

Yall are killin me...lmao...

Serious question though...have any of our beat reporters ever asked Gus the simple question...why do you not attack the middle of the field more?  Slants?  Crossing routes??  

And also...do you really think you should keep running when trying to block 9 guys with 6?  Or 8 guys with 5?  Constantly?  Like, all the time? 

Great line from the Wesley Snipes movie Blade...”Some M&***$****S always tryin to ice skate uphill.”

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The cards should of hired him. Kingsbury is just the clearance rack version of Riley! Lol 

Agreed I just don't think he was ready to leave OK yet

7 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yall are killin me...lmao...

Serious question though...have any of our beat reporters ever asked Gus the simple question...why do you not attack the middle of the field more?  Slants?  Crossing routes??  

And also...do you really think you should keep running when trying to block 9 guys with 6?  Or 8 guys with 5?  Constantly?  Like, all the time? 

Great line from the Wesley Snipes movie Blade...”Some M&***$****S always tryin to ice skate uphill.”

Our reporters are pretty gutless and sunshine pumpers from what I've seen

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

You might want to talk to some OU fans first.  Their d is still trying to recover from his tenure there.

Ask OU fans how they feel when they faced his defense in the playoffs a couple years ago.  Not to mention he left OU after the 2011 season. I think you mean they are trying to recover from the stoops brothers.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:34 PM, cole256 said:

I've been trying not to wrap my head around this as I literally don't see how that could be possible.....becoming an anchor to our o line should sell like handing out a ticket to playing in the NFL......we should have a back log of uber athletes wanting to play for us....without selling it mind you

Agreed. 

Perhaps that's the only advantage of having a tough schedule every year.  The NFL's going to get a good evaluation.

22 hours ago, AUFriction said:

5. Kaleb Kim did struggle blocking, particularly when he was lined up in front of number 77 for Tulane. Not sure if 77 was that good or if Kim is that weak. Probably a little of both, but props to 77 of Tulane. He was disruptive. When the inside run game didn't work, it was usually because of him. 

6. In the first half specifically (but even at times in the second half), our offensive line appeared to lack that killer edge. People keep insisting it is physical ability due to poor OL recruiting. I used to think that way. However, the more I watch, the more I don't think it is physical ability. It seems like 1 player inside isn't getting a push each time, and it is never the same player. Maybe Kim and Harrell block really well on one play, but the interior collapses because Horton fails to block his guy. Then the next play Horton and Harrell do well, but Kim doesn't... ETC.  That screams inconsistency as the key problem rather than strength or ability. Simply put, I don't think our guys on the interior OL are playing to their talent level. 

I'm only picking out part of your post.....But this oline has +100 starts and they still can not create a hole a the point of attack?  Kim & Horton were getting blown back and Harrell went to block and he got blown up by a 180 lb CB.  There were times when even Prince was getting shoved around by smaller guys.  

It all starts with these guys, and they are still playing soft and weak.  Coach needs to put the oline positions back up for competition this week in practice.  Let's see if the young guys have more guts and balls than these veterans are showing.  

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'm only picking out part of your post.....But this oline has +100 starts and they still can not create a hole a the point of attack?  Kim & Horton were getting blown back and Harrell went to block and he got blown up by a 180 lb CB.  There were times when even Prince was getting shoved around by smaller guys.  

It all starts with these guys, and they are still playing soft and weak.  Coach needs to put the oline positions back up for competition this week in practice.  Let's see if the young guys have more guts and balls than these veterans are showing.  

I'd actually back this. Everyone keeps pointing to talent, but I think it is effort. They were challenged at halftime against Oregon and played better in the second half. Last week, they just looked uninspired and I think it created serious inconsistency. There were times where they'd own Tulane's D line, but it seemed like 1 of the 5 would mess up on every play. 

Got to fix the run... Must be ABLE TO run

That and Boobee needs to duct tape the ball to his hand also....

I left when the 4th quarter started, but a friend told me Gatewood came in and ran it pretty good ( but thats all he did). We need to let gatewood throw some or the D is just gonna stack the line every time he comes in...because its that obvious.

Archived