Has it started?

ToomersStreet

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2019 at 9:02 PM, ToomersStreet said:

Absolutely not!  I  am saying 6-6!

I think too much is being taken from the Tulane game. Tulane was better then all of us thought, and it was abnormally miserably hot in that stadium even at night... Tulane may very well win their division, yet they did not once score a single TD. Kudos  to our D.

If we get by A&M next week, then I feel we will beat Florida as well (They are an orange a blue Miss State at this point). 

this means: LSU, UGA, and BAMA will be the potential losses unless we improve which I know we will ( but so will the others)

9-3 or 7-5 at worse case.

I think we will beat one of those 3 at least, since 2 are at home. So im going 10-2 which aint half bad. I wont complain if its 12-0 though...... 

The information about me is available on this site, so you don't have to guess about my past or my sincerity.   For those too lazy to look, I graduated from Auburn with a business degree in 1973.  That makes me 68 years old, and it also allows me not to give a flip about anyone's opinion of me or of what I say.  I met my wife at Auburn, and we married our senior year. Both my daughters attended Auburn.  I use my real name because I am from a generation that doesn't hide behind a screen name for anonymity.   I managed law firms for almost 30 years before I retired in 2013.  At one time or another I have worked with every lawyer joke you have ever heard.

When my daughters were young, we bought four season tickets for more than 25 years,  and I am blessed to have witnessed Auburn Football's highs and lows, from Shug to Sullivan and Beasley, Punt Bama Punt,  Tikeo Spikes, Thomas Gossom, Pat Dye (who's sister is married to my first cousin), Bo Jackson, Patrick Nix,  William Andrews, Little Train,  Jason Campbell, Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Cam, and hundreds of other AU players I have left out, all the way up to the present day.  I have had the privilege to watch these players in person and I have witnessed some unbelievable wins, for which we were given no chance to win, and some heart wrenching losses.  I say this to say that most of you complaining about Gus don't know any other way but to complain - I understand it is a generational thing, but it is one thing to complain and another to be mean-spirited.

While I love Auburn Football,  I love Auburn University more.  I want what is best for Auburn and in time that will take care of what is best for the football program.  If you got rid of Gus, who would you get?  How can you be sure that they will be any more successful at Auburn than Gus?  Look back at 2017.  We beat GA and AL, at the time both were the number one team in the country.  Bammer fans like to say that our coach runs a high school offense.  Well within three weeks we soundly beat the two top two teams in the country with our high school offense.  If you had been around for Shug and Dye, you would understand the concept of a team having only so much emotion and when that emotion is used up, the team can't play at its previous level.  That is what happened in the SEC Championship game against Georgia.  The players had used up all their emotion and had nothing left to give.  That shouldn't take away from those two victories.  You see what shape Alabama is in.  They are so driven by a NC that if they don't win it the fans feel like the season is a bust. They looked at last year as a failure.  I never want Auburn to be like Alabama.

Look at Saban this year.  He has a hair trigger temper.  He has it because cracks are beginning to show in his program.  Finally all of those (over ranked) five star players and number one classes are biting him back because he has players leaving early to the NFL, transferring for lack of playing time and he threw his coaching staff and players under the bus for losing the NC game. This year two of his starting linebackers are out for the year and he is starting freshmen.  What does that say about his program that he has no sophomore or junior linebackers to fill the gaps left by injured players.  And he has had "consensus" number one recruiting classes for the last ten years?   Mark my word, his wife will be on him to retire shortly.

Everyone can have an opinion; that is your right as an American citizen.  So you should feel free to express your opinions, but we all read the posts and know your level of negativity.  It is just not necessary to continually bad mouth Gus with every single sentence, and to do so in such a mean-spirited manner.  Remember, be nice and if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all.  

JWShewmake  

I hope we do not wind up like Tennessee. That is a football equivalent of the Titanic without any lifeboats.  I hope we can go 9-3 of which will be a huge accomplishment no doubt. In past years when the competition in the conference was far less, 9-3 could easily happen.  The teams in the SEC west are not pushovers by any means. I agree with DAG in that Ole Miss and Arky are no pushover games neither is MSU. If we go 0-8 in the SEC...Good Lord forbid; we will see a new coach for 2020. 

Folks, I want Gus to succeed in the worst way and for this team to win many games. I hope we turn the corner soon and all of this talk will subside into a nice fun season. We are in no way as bad as Tennessee, but we are in a conference full of teams that are good. I think the TAMU game is going to give us a good read on this team. We did beat a very good Oregon team and Tulane could turn out to be a very good team and win a lot of games.

I hope we see a 56-3 game this weekend more than anything. We need to get Gatewood in the game as often as possible. I want to see him throw the ball and will need to do so to take away defenses keying on him running the ball every time he is in the game. We are too predictable and need to change this before SEC play starts.

2 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

Remember, be nice and if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all.  

JWShewmake  

On 9/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, JWShewmake said:

Amazing how suddenly the experts come out of the woodwork who don't have a clue how to build or maintain a major college football program.  Most of  you have probably never even played football and certainly not at the college level.  You are not helping.   It is hard to see how some of you folks lift your head up off the  pillow in the morning to start the day.  This is football, not life.  You negative guys need to be bammer fans because you are acting like them,  if  you aren't to begin with.

JWShewmake

2 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

The information about me is available on this site, so you don't have to guess about my past or my sincerity.   For those too lazy to look, I graduated from Auburn with a business degree in 1973.  That makes me 68 years old, and it also allows me not to give a flip about anyone's opinion of me or of what I say.  I met my wife at Auburn, and we married our senior year. Both my daughters attended Auburn.  I use my real name because I am from a generation that doesn't hide behind a screen name for anonymity.   I managed law firms for almost 30 years before I retired in 2013.  At one time or another I have worked with every lawyer joke you have ever heard.

When my daughters were young, we bought four season tickets for more than 25 years,  and I am blessed to have witnessed Auburn Football's highs and lows, from Shug to Sullivan and Beasley, Punt Bama Punt,  Tikeo Spikes, Thomas Gossom, Pat Dye (who's sister is married to my first cousin), Bo Jackson, Patrick Nix,  William Andrews, Little Train,  Jason Campbell, Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Cam, and hundreds of other AU players I have left out, all the way up to the present day.  I have had the privilege to watch these players in person and I have witnessed some unbelievable wins, for which we were given no chance to win, and some heart wrenching losses.  I say this to say that most of you complaining about Gus don't know any other way but to complain - I understand it is a generational thing, but it is one thing to complain and another to be mean-spirited.

While I love Auburn Football,  I love Auburn University more.  I want what is best for Auburn and in time that will take care of what is best for the football program.  If you got rid of Gus, who would you get?  How can you be sure that they will be any more successful at Auburn than Gus?  Look back at 2017.  We beat GA and AL, at the time both were the number one team in the country.  Bammer fans like to say that our coach runs a high school offense.  Well within three weeks we soundly beat the two top two teams in the country with our high school offense.  If you had been around for Shug and Dye, you would understand the concept of a team having only so much emotion and when that emotion is used up, the team can't play at its previous level.  That is what happened in the SEC Championship game against Georgia.  The players had used up all their emotion and had nothing left to give.  That shouldn't take away from those two victories.  You see what shape Alabama is in.  They are so driven by a NC that if they don't win it the fans feel like the season is a bust. They looked at last year as a failure.  I never want Auburn to be like Alabama.

Look at Saban this year.  He has a hair trigger temper.  He has it because cracks are beginning to show in his program.  Finally all of those (over ranked) five star players and number one classes are biting him back because he has players leaving early to the NFL, transferring for lack of playing time and he threw his coaching staff and players under the bus for losing the NC game. This year two of his starting linebackers are out for the year and he is starting freshmen.  What does that say about his program that he has no sophomore or junior linebackers to fill the gaps left by injured players.  And he has had "consensus" number one recruiting classes for the last ten years?   Mark my word, his wife will be on him to retire shortly.

Everyone can have an opinion; that is your right as an American citizen.  So you should feel free to express your opinions, but we all read the posts and know your level of negativity.  It is just not necessary to continually bad mouth Gus with every single sentence, and to do so in such a mean-spirited manner.  Remember, be nice and if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all.  

JWShewmake  

TLDNR

3 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake  

Wow, you signed it again...ok then.

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
3 hours ago, JWShewmake said:

Remember, be nice and if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all.  

JWShewmake   

9/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, JWShewmake said:

Amazing how suddenly the experts come out of the woodwork who don't have a clue how to build or maintain a major college football program.  Most of  you have probably never even played football and certainly not at the college level.  You are not helping.   It is hard to see how some of you folks lift your head up off the  pillow in the morning to start the day.  This is football, not life.  You negative guys need to be bammer fans because you are acting like them,  if  you aren't to begin with.

JWShewmake

I see what you did there...

5d6cf8d728647.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I see what you did there...

5d6cf8d728647.jpeg

He copied the exact same thing I did for Nix but when I did it he commented “Don't bother with that self-righteous, pearl-clutching nonsense.“  :lol:

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

He copied the exact same thing I did for Nix but when I did it he commented “Don't bother with that self-righteous, pearl-clutching nonsense.“  :lol:

Not sure I saw that but I think the message of this thread is..... we're all "complex". 😉

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Not sure I saw that but I think the message of this thread is..... we're all "complex". 😉

Complex to no end.  Especially women. I can’t figure them out for the life of me!

22 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Complex to no end.  Especially women. I can’t figure them out for the life of me!

You never will🤣

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Please let me know if you do. I live with three of them. 😉

9 hours ago, leglessdan said:

You never will🤣

Sure he will...that's when they'll all change it up on us. It's like threading a needle in the middle of a hurricane.

I don’t know how things turned this way, but I find it funny that people who want others to respect their opinion on the forums are intolerable of others and put people on ignore others because they can’t handle it. Pot calling the kettle black much, anyone? 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

1.) I don't feel as if he was any worse.

2.) Schwartz has game changing speed. Nothing wrong with taking a shot with him. If Nix doesn't overthrow it just a tad, it drops into his arms and he walks in for the score. 

3.) Think the offense will get better, due to Nix getting better as well as play-calling getting less vanilla as we move into SEC play. 

4.) He's less than 2 years removed from an SEC Western Division Title. We've seen him do it, don't know why I shouldn't be hopeful he could do it again.

I’m just reading this today and you are wasting your time my friend. 2/3 of the people on here have given up already and will not change until CGM is fired.

8 hours ago, triangletiger said:

You don't need to understand them; just love them.

Loving one of them is the reason there are two more to love. :big:

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sure he will...that's when they'll all change it up on us. It's like threading a needle in the middle of a hurricane.

I hit a 9 iron 220 yards in one hurricane........damn that felt good

On 9/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, Eagle-1 said:

Career record against SEC opponents: 29-21 *

vs. Arkansas: 5-1, vs. Ole Miss: 5-1, vs. Missouri: 2-0, vs. South Carolina: 1-0,  vs. Kentucky: 1-0, vs. Vanderbilt: 1-0, vs. Texas A&M: 4-2, vs. Tennessee: 1-1,  vs. LSU: 2-4, vs. Mississippi State: 3-3, vs. Alabama: 2-4, vs. Georgia: 2-5

Malzahn is a riddle, wrapped up in a mystery, inside an enigma. 23-8 .75 percent against all teams not lsu, bamr, and uga. Which is strong as goat's milk. Sure the record sucks against the big three. But all teams have a losing record against those three. 

Yet the stupid play calls and team handling....

54 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Malzahn is a riddle, wrapped up in a mystery, inside an enigma. 23-8 .75 percent against all teams not lsu, bamr, and uga. Which is strong as goat's milk. Sure the record sucks against the big three. But all teams have a losing record against those three. 

Yet the stupid play calls and team handling....

Yep, but LSU, Bama, GA, and A&M are all teams we have to play every season. They are the true measuring stick that we must compete evenly with if we hope to bring this program to the elite level. A goal that is certainly not unattainable. I'm not expecting to beat all these teams every year, but to be at least somewhere close to even. None of the three programs you just mentioned would keep a coach with Gus's SEC record. 

LSU fired Miles,

GA fired Richt,

Alabama even fired Curry a few years ago, and all three of those guys had far better SEC records than Malzahn.

3 Yrs Miami (FL)
Year School G W L T Pct SRS SOS AP Pre AP High AP Post Bowl Notes
2001 Georgia 12 8 4 0 .667 11.51 3.60   15 22 Music City Bowl-L  
2002 Georgia 14 13 1 0 .929 18.18 3.96 8 3 3 Sugar Bowl-W  
2003 Georgia 14 11 3 0 .786 17.46 6.11 11 4 7 Capital One Bowl-W  
2004 Georgia 12 10 2 0 .833 12.66 3.33 3 3 7 Outback Bowl-W  
2005 Georgia 13 10 3 0 .769 13.75 3.36 13 4 10 Sugar Bowl-L  
2006 Georgia 13 9 4 0 .692 10.21 3.75 15 9 23 Chick-fil-A Bowl-W  
2007 Georgia 13 11 2 0 .846 17.20 5.66 13 2 2 Sugar Bowl-W  
2008 Georgia 13 10 3 0 .769 11.60 4.52 1 1 13 Capital One Bowl-W  
2009 Georgia 13 8 5 0 .615 9.06 6.36 13 13   Independence Bowl-W  
2010 Georgia 13 6 7 0 .462 6.35 2.65 23 22   Liberty Bowl-L