Has it started?

ToomersStreet

30 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Im going to grab a beer. Can I get you guys one?

No thanks........how bout a slice of yesterdays pizza.😁

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

No thanks........how bout a slice of yesterdays pizza.😁

Cold pizza > hot pizza

I think people have lost the sense of the ability to be optimistic while also being realistic. You don’t have to be one or the other. It’s okay to be grateful we are 2-0, hopeful that we get things right by Texas A&M but acknowledge we have not played up to our potential in either game.Β 

3 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Otherwise, let’s just enjoy crisp autumn afternoons without the worry of polls, pundits andΒ championship runs. Β  So much more relaxing!

I can get behind this. Fall is my favorite season of the year and with Gus absolutely destroying my enthusiasm for Auburn football over the past 4-5 yearsΒ  I can get out and hike, work in my yard, practice my photography, just generally enjoy the beauty of God's creation, etc. without feeling like I'm missing something worthwhile in an Auburn football game! War Eagle to that!

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think people have lost the sense of the ability to be optimistic while also being realistic. You don’t have to be one or the other. It’s okay to be grateful we are 2-0, hopeful that we get things right by Texas A&M but acknowledge we have not played up to our potential in either game.Β 

...and worried that if we don't get it togetherΒ we may get boatraced by the Aggies, and it just gets worse from there.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

What I find hilarious is that after last week there was a thread about being content with Gus and many posters agreed, now we have this barn burner thread lol.

It wasn’t pretty but we covered while running out the clock when another TD was available. The game just felt like a giant test bed. We will see what the approach is for Kent State, but I recon we will start to see a more uniform attack/identity as we look to start SEC play against A&M.Β 

That being said, doesn’t mean that identity = good, but atleast we will function as a unit vs going down a checklist of evaluation criteria.Β 

1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

What I find hilarious is that after last week there was a thread about being content with Gus and many posters agreed, now we have this barn burner thread lol.

It wasn’t pretty but we covered while running out the clock when another TD was available. The game just felt like a giant test bed. We will see what the approach is for Kent State, but I recon we will start to see a more uniform attack/identity as we look to start SEC play against A&M.Β 

That being said, doesn’t mean that identity = good, but atleast we will function as a unit vs going down a checklist of evaluation criteria.Β 

Yeah and that thread was fine. The point of that thread was there is no science to having the right type of coach or a more successfully coach. So I got that thread. With that being said, there is nothing wrong with critiquing Gus either. We might not find a coach better than Gus, but when he is here, he will get praise for me when I think he does right and he will get critiqued when I feel it is warranted. Β To me it is not all black and white.

It's known that Gus takes 4 games to figure out his personnel. This is inexcusable in itself but ignore that part for right now. The alarming part is in 4 of his 6 prior seasons if things didn't start to click by that 4th game in some capacity he just spends the entire duration of the season aimlessly wandering around doing the same garbage trying to figure out what his team can even do, despite recruiting each and every one of the players.

So far, we look closer to the aimlessly wandering reputation than finding something we can build off of. In 2013, we found out Nick/Tre/G-Rob/Prosch were fantastic in the run game with Ricardo and Grant complimenting them against LSU. In 2017 it turned into "Give Kerryon the ball 40 times". Through 8 quarters we haven't found something sustainable to build off of yet. There's a chance we never do because of the OL. And that's on Gus.

You could actually argue our biggest bright spots were Joey carrying the rock and Boobie fighting for tough yards (vs Oregon) but he's proven to have maaaajor ball security issues.

Also, Cadillac is gonna become as disgruntled as Dameyune Craig was if Gus continues to ignore his advice in rotating the backs more. 3 fumbles due by one ball carrier is a majorly benchable offense IMO

57 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

2 years ago it was right Frost a check now am I writeπŸ˜‚

As a UCF fan I didn't want Frost to leave but boy-oh-boy do I think he would have crushed it here.

Amazing how suddenly the experts come out of the woodwork who don't have a clue how to build or maintain a major college football program.Β  Most ofΒ  you have probably never even played football and certainly not at the college level.Β  You are not helping.Β Β  It is hard to see how some of you folks lift your head up off theΒ  pillow in the morningΒ to startΒ the day.Β  This is football, not life.Β  You negative guys need toΒ beΒ bammer fans because you are acting like them, Β ifΒ  you aren't to begin with.

JWShewmake

3 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

Amazing how suddenly the experts come out of the woodwork who don't have a clue how to build or maintain a major college football program.Β  Most ofΒ  you have probably never even played football and certainly not at the college level.Β  You are not helping.Β Β  It is hard to see how some of you folks lift your head up off theΒ  pillow in the morningΒ to startΒ the day.Β  This is football, not life.Β  You negative guys need toΒ beΒ bammer fans because you are acting like them, Β ifΒ  you aren't to begin with.

JWShewmake

lol

4 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake

1. Β It isn't suddenly, this has been an ongoing conversation for quite some time.
  2. Β By your logic, if you've never been a politician than you shouldn't vote and have no say in such matters
  3. Β Can't speak for everyone else but I'd wager a lot of money that most of the people here have played football at some level
  4. Β I don't think anyone is implying that their lives or days are terribly ruined by the state of Auburn football.
  5. Β There's a difference between negative and critical.

You're not really contributing much to this conversation though so enjoy your head in the sand.

9 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake

I like how you signed it at the bottom. Nice touch.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:
  1. Β It isn't suddenly, this has been an ongoing conversation for quite some time.
  2. Β By your logic, if you've never been a politician than you shouldn't vote and have no say in such matters
  3. Β Can't speak for everyone else but I'd wager a lot of money that most of the people here have played football at some level
  4. Β I don't think anyone is implying that their lives or days are terribly ruined by the state of Auburn football.
  5. Β There's a difference between negative and critical.

You're not really contributing much to this conversation though so enjoy your head in the sand.

Yep

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I like how you signed it at the bottom. Nice touch.

Keeping that "air of superiority" strong lmao

13 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

Most ofΒ  you have probably never even played football and certainly not at the college level.

I don't believe I'd wager that bet.

In addition, some are or have been coaching football for several years.

Why do people think that because you come to a football board...this is a football board right? That you have no life outside of it and that because you are down on your football coach your whole life is ruined? Β Message boards are for debate, for venting, for an exchange of ideas, for info...they are not for everyone to come here and agree on everything and pretend all is well while the house is on fire. Β 

I can’t speak for everyone but I am very happy in my non-football board life. Β I don’t equate the two things. Β When Auburn loses I say welp that sucks and then I get watch another game, get on here and bitch about it, move on and wait for next week or next year. Β It doesn’t affect my life...I’m not a bammer...

But as a fan and lover of Auburn University, I think that on a football message board we can be as negative or as positive as we want. Β I don’t begrudge someone being positive but they shouldn’t begrudge those of us who are not optimistic based on past history. Β 

We want Auburn to succeed. Β I want Gus to make me eat every bad word I ever said about him or his offense. Β Prove me wrong. But I’ve been hoping that since 2015...and I’m still waiting...

4 hours ago, leglessdan said:

64 is right, we should all be good little Auburn fans that blind support everything that the University chooses to do and just be happy we have a football team to watch. We also haven't had any wholesale changes to the uniforms,Β  so there's that. We also need to remember,Β  we took a good ol boy from Arkansas and made it to where he, nor his children ever have to work another day in their lives, while simultaneously jeopardizing the dreams and development of other people's children. I mean, because we're a family right? We don't need to worry about improving...for goodness sake, we just beat "the" Tulane University. All is well and good in the football world because we're 2-0 and ranked in the top 10 of a meaningless poll two weeks into the season. What could go wrong. Hand us the Championship.Β 

Am I picking up some sarcasm from you here? Or maybe its just me...lol

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Sorry but I think you misread things......lots of solid AU fans get tired of seeing their team and coach beat up by other "loyal" AU fans who apparently think they are doing something or saying things that are gonna help the team beΒ  more successful. Β Β  The "advice" to our coaches and players on this site is downright laughable from many posters....:no:

I don’t know one single AU fan that thinks they are giving advice to our team. Not one. If there is someone on this sight that believes that then they are wrong. Β Nothing said on this site or anywhere else will have any effect on the team. Nothing. This is a message board. For discussion, debate, venting, info etc. Β If players come here and are affected by something one of us goobs says then we have bigger issues. Β If it affects recruiting more than losing 4-5 games a year then maybe we should just shut down all message boards.Β 

Archived