Has it started?

ToomersStreet

26 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

Amazing how suddenly the experts come out of the woodwork who don't have a clue how to build or maintain a major college football program.  Most of  you have probably never even played football and certainly not at the college level.  You are not helping.   It is hard to see how some of you folks lift your head up off the  pillow in the morning to start the day.  This is football, not life.  You negative guys need to be bammer fans because you are acting like them,  if  you aren't to begin with.

JWShewmake

this...is...a....message....board.

It's purpose is for anyone, ANYONE, to give thoughts on football.  It's not a "help board" for Auburn's coaches and players.  We're not trying to solve any crisis.  It's just a place to for the informed and the ignorant to gather and discuss the "what-ifs" of the game.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I like how you signed it at the bottom. Nice touch.

JWShewmake wants you to know that JWShewmake stands behind all of JWShewmake's posts and that the opinions expressed therein appear with the express written consent of JWShewmake.

JWShewmake is one of my favorite parody accounts on this site. It is a parody account, right? 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

JWShewmake wants you to know that JWShewmake stands behind all of JWShewmake's posts and that the opinions expressed therein appear with the express written consent of JWShewmake.

JWShewmake is one of my favorite parody accounts on this site. It is a parody account, right? 

JWShewmake is the Wade Christopher of internet posting.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I’m outta likes but LMAO!

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

It's purpose is for anyone, ANYONE, to give thoughts on football.  It's not a "help board" for Auburn's coaches and players.  We're not trying to solve any crisis.  It's just a place to for the informed and the ignorant to gather and discuss the "what-ifs" of the game.

Thank you, good grief thank you.  You sir are a blessing.  

12 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Thats one hell of a credit card you got there dude...Jimmy?  Is that you? 

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:
  1.  It isn't suddenly, this has been an ongoing conversation for quite some time.
  2.  By your logic, if you've never been a politician than you shouldn't vote and have no say in such matters
  3.  Can't speak for everyone else but I'd wager a lot of money that most of the people here have played football at some level
  4.  I don't think anyone is implying that their lives or days are terribly ruined by the state of Auburn football.
  5.  There's a difference between negative and critical.

You're not really contributing much to this conversation though so enjoy your head in the sand.

We've been talking about this stuff for 4 years now. The same exact predictability...the same exact mismanagement of resources etc. Sounds like he's late to the party. 

10 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

We've been talking about this stuff for 4 years now. The same exact predictability...the same exact mismanagement of resources etc. Sounds like he's late to the party. 

I’m always running out of likes so Imma start using this in place of likes...

E7C82CAA-CD94-4048-91BF-AE4FA5419C37.jpeg

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I have to admit. I may be jumping the gun with this guy, but I just have dreams about what someone with his offensive coaching ability could do with our stacked talented offense. And he’s a Saban guy, so he probably knows how to recruit.

Locksley’s had some good stops as a position coach and/or coordinator, but his only other HC gig at New Mexico (2009-2011) was a disaster...2-26, getting fired during his 3rd season.  It’s been 8 years since then, so maybe that first chance was too early and he’s ready now.  He has a chance at Maryland to make that previous HC job old news.  For now, I’d wait and see how things turn out this time.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I don't care anymore. Put the whole damn buyout on my credit card and lets get a real coach in here

If anyone has any connection to the athletic department, for the love of god, let them know that we have someone willing to pay the buyout!

799BC1B3-540F-44EA-AC1D-BC116FC1C739.png

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Umm...what other major coach has had 6 QBs in a game, runs a dive 17 times, plays a 1 armed QB, runs the same play after a 1st down, pigeon holes his skill players, platoons his offense, has basic passing concepts, limits QB reads, predetermines ZR calls, telegraphs plays by personnel (Barrett swing/Joiner wheel), etc...

Like I said earlier, stubborn, clueless, or blind.

Well Gus "Never again, is what you swore, the time before" lets see who gets it

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

If it did happen midseason, that would allow a search to start and have ready by season's end. It would also allow us to get a leg up on other schools that will be looking. Just random thoughts...

My first choice is to win with Gus.

I thought we already had a coach lined up in case Gus got canned this year. 

Has it started?

It never stops. The whiners just seem to take a breath in August because they don't want to be exposed in case AU wins the first two games 63-0. Once that doesn't happen, they break out the old, tired complaints that they have had for the past several years and will have again as soon as the next AU coach, whoever and whenever that may be, loses his first game here.

I have it on good authority that Gus *does* read this forum and *does* take the advice of level headed posters.  I am certain that some folks would disagree, but I am a level headed poster. 

With the above in mind, Gus, work out a a golden parachute at the end of this year and resign. It will look better on your resume than getting axed.  Then go to the lake and count your money.  It will take at least that long to count the mega-millions coming your way. Then become a talking head at ESPN, like your buddy Chiz. Spend a couple of years doing that, then have Jimmy get you the HC job at Kansas.  By that time Kansas will be looking for an offensive mastermind and will be willing to follow our lead by bending over for Jimmy and you. You and Jimmy have had a lot of practice at slight of hand and will easily pull off another magnificent contract.  I mean, only in America. 

No need to thank me for the advice.  I like helping my buddies!

Your friend,

Mike

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Maryland looks good. Want to season how they look throughout the season. 

45 minutes ago, afblue said:

Locksley’s had some good stops as a position coach and/or coordinator, but his only other HC gig at New Mexico (2009-2011) was a disaster...2-26, getting fired during his 3rd season.  It’s been 8 years since then, so maybe that first chance was too early and he’s ready now.  He has a chance at Maryland to make that previous HC job old news.  For now, I’d wait and see how things turn out this time.

Just by happenstance found out that his daughter is a sophomore soccer player at Auburn. It’s fate! All in!

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

As a UCF fan I didn't want Frost to leave but boy-oh-boy do I think he would have crushed it here.

Lol the laugh emoji was for my clever word play..............crickets chirping.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I thought it was a message board for AUBURN FANS............and I am not saying your not a fan for the record.

You guys have to admit that our constant ineptitude on offense, especially early in the season, is a little frustrating. That first half of Tulane was one of the hardest 2 quarters of football I’ve personally ever watched. And there have been a lot of them. Between the offensive woes and the clock not working, I was drained by the end of the half. Meanwhile over on ABC LSU’s offense looked like it was a well oiled machine, in year one of Joe Brady being there and STEVE ENSMINGER calling plays. It’s frustrating. That’s supposed to be Gus’s thing, and he isn’t good at it.

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If they are smart and want an easy transition, they have this guy. But they aren’t smart, so probably not.

86DB2C78-E08B-45B9-8B54-8B97905144E4.jpeg

Can you imagine what hiring a coach that is 5-31 would do for this board?

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

No thanks........how bout a slice of yesterdays pizza.😁

Wow !!! thats what we had. You been creeping around my pad?

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm going to run out of likes on one single dadgum thread😂

Archived