Has it started?

ToomersStreet

Career record against SEC opponents: 29-21 *

vs. Arkansas: 5-1, vs. Ole Miss: 5-1, vs. Missouri: 2-0, vs. South Carolina: 1-0,  vs. Kentucky: 1-0, vs. Vanderbilt: 1-0, vs. Texas A&M: 4-2, vs. Tennessee: 1-1,  vs. LSU: 2-4, vs. Mississippi State: 3-3, vs. Alabama: 2-4, vs. Georgia: 2-5

I'm just going to let this hang here. If that's what you expect at Auburn, and are happy paying 50 million dollars for it so be it. I for one will continue to complain until he either does significantly better, or is gone. I'm expecting gone, because I don't see it getting any better.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tiger said:

I don't care anymore. Put the whole damn buyout on my credit card and lets get a real coach in here

Can I put my Outlaw Ribeye w/ Bleu Cheese Crust & Baked Potato on your CC as well?

....oh, and don't forget the bar tab!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Has it started?

It never stops. The whiners just seem to take a breath in August because they don't want to be exposed in case AU wins the first two games 63-0. Once that doesn't happen, they break out the old, tired complaints that they have had for the past several years and will have again as soon as the next AU coach, whoever and whenever that may be, loses his first game here.

755D4830-3357-496A-90E8-B677F1EF9686.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Career record against SEC opponents: 29-21 *

vs. Arkansas: 5-1, vs. Ole Miss: 5-1, vs. Missouri: 2-0, vs. South Carolina: 1-0,  vs. Kentucky: 1-0, vs. Vanderbilt: 1-0, vs. Texas A&M: 4-2, vs. Tennessee: 1-1,  vs. LSU: 2-4, vs. Mississippi State: 3-3, vs. Alabama: 2-4, vs. Georgia: 2-5

I'm just going to let this hang here. If that's what you expect at Auburn, and are happy paying 50 million dollars for it so be it. I for one will continue to complain until he either does significantly better, or is gone. I'm expecting gone, because I don't see it getting any better.

AF28F63C-7B4E-4D39-90E9-5389980DB87C.jpeg

22 minutes ago, fredst said:

Well, people are people but Gus will never be my personal Jesus. I feel you @augolf1716

Well just sit back and Enjoy The Silence 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

they break out the old, tired complaints that they have had for the past several years

So you admit it's the same complaints for the past several years. I would hope those things would've been fixed by now. 

22 hours ago, around4ever said:

8-5?  That means we are 3-5 in conference play and get a patsy in the Birmingham Bowl.  Sorry but 3 wins in the conference, again, demands the HC be fired.   I honestly hope we can win 8 games. 

I was hoping that we would pick up where we left off against Purdue. I hope we get some things straightened out against Kent State. 8-5 will get Gus fired unless the losses are close hard fought games. If we go with another coach, we could be looking at a few years in football purgatory before we get back to respectability. 

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

My first choice is to win with Gus.

I wholeheartedly agree!

And the good news is, if that doesn’t work out, I’m pretty sure Jeremy Pruitt will be available after this year.  😂🤣😂🤣

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Chiz has some good will built in. I think Gus has used any he had left to get to 2019. Im not sure he wouldn't get Totted. 

I hope he figures things out and I look foolish by even proposing the question.

Oh NO you didn't just give me a new vocabulary word for our WorldChangers' "Big Bodacious Vibrant Vocabulary Journals" tomorrow!

I am glad I was not sipping hot coffee.  This already makes a great day off the chains completely outer-orbited.  This is hilarious!!

13 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Oh NO you didn't just give me a new vocabulary word for our WorldChangers' "Big Bodacious Vibrant Vocabulary Journals" tomorrow!

I am glad I was not sipping hot coffee.  This already makes a great day off the chains completely outer-orbited.  This is hilarious!!

Teachers always steal from eachother...run with it!

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I don't care anymore. Put the whole damn buyout on my credit card and lets get a real coach in here

Make sure you put it on your miles card. You'll never pay for a vacation again. 

4 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm going to run out of likes on one single dadgum thread😂

It IS beyond hysterical!  And I had to Google the Wade Christopher thing, but yeah.  That and the "Birdwell.  Property of Birdwell; these raisins belong to Birdwell" scene in "Kronk's New Groove."  No clip or I would have posted it.  

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Teachers always steal from eachother...run with it!

Oh, so true!  We are the recyclers of just about anything...resourceful to the max!  

7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Oh, so true!  We are the recyclers of just about anything...resourceful to the max!  

stealing = resourceful in teacher speak 🤣

12 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

stealing = resourceful in teacher speak 🤣

Well...of sorts.  Ideas, certainly.    The best ones are recycled across professions.  Pastor Craig Groeschel quoted Dr. Seuss with no attribution the other day...no shade...but most of us know our Seuss!  My largest source of "resourceful" is what other teachers discard...and after two mission trips to Africa, I culled twice from a decade in the same classroom!  We simply can't throw anything away.  "There are starving children...." was ingrained in me from wayyyyy back.

But back to this thread...only the Lookalikes are funnier.  This is gold.  Not Eli.  Just gold. ❤️

Image result for why fit in when you were born to stand out?

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I wholeheartedly agree!

And the good news is, if that doesn’t work out, I’m pretty sure Jeremy Pruitt will be available after this year.  😂🤣😂🤣

Or Chip Kelly, Will Mushchamp, Chad Morris, Jeff Brahm (maybe), Willie Taggart, Clay Helton (maybe)....we could have a huge list to choose from😊

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

Umm...what other major coach has had 6 QBs in a game, runs a dive 17 times, plays a 1 armed QB, runs the same play after a 1st down, pigeon holes his skill players, platoons his offense, has basic passing concepts, limits QB reads, predetermines ZR calls, telegraphs plays by personnel (Barrett swing/Joiner wheel), etc...

Like I said earlier, stubborn, clueless, or blind.

Barry Switzer!!!! He even had his fields slant at an angle toward the sidelines (true story) to pick up speed.

46 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Or Chip Kelly, Will Mushchamp, Chad Morris, Jeff Brahm (maybe), Willie Taggart, Clay Helton (maybe)....we could have a huge list to choose from😊

Jim Harbaugh!

6 hours ago, jAUSon said:

sunshine pumpers be like....

tenor (1).gif

My biggest fear is that gif will apply to the next Auburn head coaching search also. My problem is I have less faith in our ability to hire than most of you do in Gus's abilities.

Though after the years of OU OU OU OU screams.... if it's anyone but Heupal I'm just gonna have to start going with the grad school degrees program. Hopefully they offer an introduction class on understanding Coach O.

I also have a theory. GF who is UT grad is mad at me cause LSU won. Will be mad at me if Auburn loses to aTm. So since I'm screwed (not in the fun way), might as well go for the trifecta and have Auburn hire an OU grad and then beat Texas for the national championship next year.

4 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

My problem is I have less faith in our ability to hire than most of you do in Gus's abilities.

This is a 100% accurate statement!!!  We need someone who knows how to run a program!!! Not someone who merely knows how to coach a game!!!  We need someone hiring our next HC who knows the difference!!!

Archived