Texas A&M. Picked up by CBS

Win4AU

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

There was too much melting yesterday on this thread so I am just trying to lighten the mood.

rrwerwe.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Mrs. Coach Eric Tammy Taylor approves. Almost as much as Gus approves of Iggy getting that interception while down 10 with 7:14 left in the game. Yep, that is definitely how a 6th year guy with his job on the line shows a guy in his 1st season at a new job how it's done. 

Image result for connie britton gif

werwer.gif

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

You really don't believe that Gwill.

dsf.gif

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Also Texas A&Ms top tailback is out for the season following the Clemson game.  I’m not sure if this is one of the doubleheader weekends.  Gonna be hot and loud either way.

Mond was gimpy in that game too, haven't heard an update on him yet.

6 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I seem to remember someone mentioning high ankle sprain but I’m not 100% on that.  

43 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If Auburn’s defense can terrorize Mond like Clemson did then I feel pretty good about this game.  TaMu’s defense is pretty tough and Clemson’s WRs are AUmazing.  Offense gotta step up big time.  

In the first half Mond had a clean pocket he just couldn't hit open receivers or it would have been a very tight game. A&M defense is tough but D-line does not have much depth only had 3 DT's and two got pretty banged up during the game against Clemson. Like Auburn they have a cream puff game next week so how well they heal up same with Auburn and Seth Williams could impact this game.  

Mond is a Dr Jekyl and Mr Hide QB one week he can be really good next not so good. Which Mond shows up will have a big impact.  We will need improved O-Line play with improved play calling, Nix will need to use all his receivers and not lock onto a single route. When Nix scrambles the receivers will need to help him so he has option to throw to a receiver instead of throwing ball away.  I also hope DJ is healthy and can get some PT as he has both power and has the ability to turn a short gain into a long gain if he breaks the first tackle.

A&M doesn't seem to have a running game so that could help on D in being able to key on Mond. If we can make it the Mond show and fluster him we could win.

If I was betting I would bet on A&M you bet with your head not your heart, but I still think we can beat them. 

If we can keep the game close and wear down A&M D-Line as the game gets into 4th quarter we can win this game

Love the comment about Mond. Week 1 he looked like one of the best QBs in the country. He hit everything. Week 2 he missed everything. He reminds me of a golfer. Some days they are on fire.  Some days they pull everything. They go as he goes. 

We go as our defense goes. If we play well on defense, we win. If we give up more than 20, we probably lose. 

1 hour ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I think our defense is capable of keeping them to 17 or less. If we clean up our turnovers, I like our chances! 

I honestly think we will find a way to win this one. I am not too up on the Aggies. I think it will definitely be a low scoring affair, though.

41 minutes ago, The Freak said:

He was?  Ewwwww.....  I'd pass on playing against him.

tenor.gif

All depends on whatever Kellen Mond shows up. If the one who just played Clemson shows up we'll be alright.

1 minute ago, Auskip said:

What about the following week? What time slot do you think the Miss. State game ends up in?

Feels like a 11 am game on ESPN or Sec Network.

Mond is inconsistent and their top running back is out. We should win. But if we have a first half offense like the past two weeks, and/or have 2-3 turnovers, who knows. I hope Gus and the offense finds rhythm this week. It is usually about week 4 when we get things going. A win in Aggieland sets us up nicely for the next two SEC games from a momentum standpoint too. Very important game. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Mrs. Coach Eric Tammy Taylor approves. Almost as much as Gus approves of Iggy getting that interception while down 10 with 7:14 left in the game. Yep, that is definitely how a 6th year guy with his job on the line shows a guy in his 1st season at a new job how it's done. 

Image result for connie britton gif

First of all, YES to this post. Second, what happened with Gus and Iggy? 

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

All depends on whatever Kellen Mond shows up. If the one who just played Clemson shows up we'll be alright.

Well,

Jimbo, the QB whisperer, should have him ready for SEC play. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gwill this is the 2nd time in this thread that I’m hoping you’re going to be wrong.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

17 minutes ago, Auskip said:

Gwill this is the 2nd time in this thread that I’m hoping you’re going to be wrong.

Here's the SEC schedule for week 5. If both teams are undefeated I could see it being another 2:30 game. At worst it should be a night ESPN game

SATURDAY, SEPT. 28 — WEEK 5

Ole Miss at Alabama
Texas A&M at Arkansas
Mississippi State at Auburn
Towson at Florida
Kentucky at South Carolina
Northern Illinois at Vanderbilt

Archived