Why are we so divided?

tbone4jc

22 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

And that abw4000 guy is so nice and cordial on here it makes me think he’s probably like 7’2 350lbs and would bounce me on my head in real life 😂

Disagree with people to see what is really what. Everybody is nice when you agree with them. Not saying for you not to like abw.....I'm just saying you'd be surprised why a person would say they don't like you for on here

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DAG said:

No even I don’t have is eternal optimism. Your post seem to be on point. Just don’t get caught up in the firestorm with some of these others. 

I’m trying to tone it down. I just get riled when someone intimates that you’re either a bad Auburn fan or stupid if you’re not happy with Gus. I see the other side’s arguments, just don’t lecture me on Auburn. I’ve cheered, cried, yelled, sobbed and rolled trees for this program my whole life. I want better things for it thats all.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Disagree with people to see what is really what. Everybody is nice when you agree with them. Not saying for you not to like abw.....I'm just saying you'd be surprised why a person would say they don't like you for on here

Its a different kinda crowd here for sure. Still feeling it out I guess. Not accustomed to a non-mod lecturing me on decorum on a football board but hey the guy seems sincere 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m trying to tone it down. I just get riled when someone intimates that you’re either a bad Auburn fan or stupid if you’re not happy with Gus. I see the other side’s arguments, just don’t lecture me on Auburn. I’ve cheered, cried, yelled, sobbed and rolled trees for this program my whole life. I want better things for it thats all.

Same here brother same. Like I said me and ABW use to fight like cats and dogs , but one thing I do recognize is most times he would take the high road. Of course, you can only take so much of someone talking to you crazy or making things personal, tbh. Even if it is over the net.

But like you said people are completely different in real life. That is why I’m loved when ESPN went to Facebook at one time because you saw people for who and what they are lol. Of course there was still troll accounts. 

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Its a different kinda crowd here for sure. Still feeling it out I guess. Not accustomed to a non-mod lecturing me on decorum on a football board but hey the guy seems sincere 🤷‍♂️

Yep. Goes back to my point, you disagree it's not because you have reasons to feel how you feel, you have to be dumb, not really a fan etc. That's when you know you won btw. When you're a bammer, troll, bad fan, they go at punctuation in your post, call for help, stuff like that.....you won. But it's only a few like that. Usually come around in a QB battle or coaching change talk. The other 3 or 4 you probably already know who they are. Have fun on here!

44 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

And that abw4000 guy is so nice and cordial on here it makes me think he’s probably like 7’2 350lbs and would bounce me on my head in real life 😂

Who is this abw4000 guy?  I need to go beat him up for stealing my name.  

43 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Dude...you are the nicest person I’ve never met...

I appreciate that.  That is really kind of you to say.  I just prefer to look at the positives in life when I can.  

5FA2B3AB-164E-47A4-828C-6344EE7D8A3C.gif

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yep. Goes back to my point, you disagree it's not because you have reasons to feel how you feel, you have to be dumb, not really a fan etc. That's when you know you won btw. When you're a bammer, troll, bad fan, they go at punctuation in your post, call for help, stuff like that.....you won. But it's only a few like that. Usually come around in a QB battle or coaching change talk. The other 3 or 4 you probably already know who they are. Have fun on here!

Still haven’t let that go man?  Dang, I thought we were on good terms again too.  I completely forgot about that.  No joke, I was literally about to ask your opinion of the Tulane game since I hadn’t seen you post in a few days.

For the record, Nix and I actually had big disagreement yesterday about his conversations with JW and we turned out just fine.  It’s just how you treat one another and mutual respect.  Hope you are doing well man.  Would still love to hear your opinion regardless when you have a moment.  I still respect your thoughts as a former player.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Still haven’t let that go man?  Dang, I thought we were on good terms again too.  I completely forgot about that.  No joke, I was literally about to ask your opinion of the Tulane game since I hadn’t seen you post in a few days.

For the record, Nix and I actually had big disagreement yesterday about his conversations with JW and we turned out just fine.  It’s just how you treat one another and mutual respect.  Hope you are doing well man.  Would still love to hear your opinion regardless when you have a moment.  I still respect your thoughts as a former player.  

I literally said I'm not talking about you personally.....

27 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Fam, Just remember every day you wake up is a day that Bruce Allan Pearl is our Head Men's basketball coach. That always brings a smile to my face..... Until I realize in my lifetime the only football coaches we have had is Terry Bowden, Tubs, Eugene Chizik and Arthur Gustav malzahn the third!!!!! Lmao. But then I go well only 2 months till Auburn Basketball starts back!!! We can get through this pain and misery together Brodie!!! Lol

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I literally said I'm not talking about you personally.....

Ah so you did.  I apologize for my boneheadedness.  :slapfh:

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Who is this abw4000 guy?  I need to go beat him up for stealing my name.  

I appreciate that.  That is really kind of you to say.  I just prefer to look at the positives in life when I can.  

5FA2B3AB-164E-47A4-828C-6344EE7D8A3C.gif

My bad. Temporary dyslexia I guess...🤦‍♂️

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What has never been said about Golf for $500, Alex.

I LOVE watching you two poke fun at each other!!  It lightens the mood so much, the mutual banter!  Still, when you get one-up on him, I feel a protective need to send an empathetic song Golf's way. :jossun:😂  

The I'm better than you posters were starting to leak off in other threads.....must not be any QB posts to be passive aggressive about active

I can't stand any of you.

You're all a bunch of internet trolls!

What are doing on my message board?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What would these be? Because I think you are throwing crap against the wall and hoping something sticks. 

EACH AND EVERY negative thing I've ever seen on this forum about Gus is about his on the field decisions. 

In fact, most who criticize Gus even point out how he runs a tight ship, that players aren't getting into trouble, and that he seems to genuinely love Auburn. 

I have NEVER seen a direct attack on Gus that wasn't about his decisions AS A FOOTBALL COACH. So do tell. Because I don't believe this for ONE INSTANT. 

I'll ask you the same thing. What do you consider a "personal attack?" Because I've certainly never seen anyone directly attacking Gus Malzahn the man and not Gus Malzahn the coach. There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between the two.

I don’t know if you are not reading the comments on here, or is it possibly a reading and comprehension problem?

Either way, best of luck to you in the future.

59 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I can't stand any of you.

You're all a bunch of internet trolls!

What are doing on my message board?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Shut up Mikey

Question, because I really don’t know, are the same posters on here, who are soooo critical of our football team, just as critical of our basketball team, baseball team, etc. when they had down years? I mean, I know this is the football forum, so that’s why they are critical here, but if I went to the basketball or baseball forum in past years, would they be in meltdown mode there?🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Question, because I really don’t know, are the same posters on here, who are soooo critical of our football team, just as critical of our basketball team, baseball team, etc. when they had down years? I mean, I know this is the football forum, so that’s why they are critical here, but if I went to the basketball or baseball forum in past years, would they be in meltdown mode there?🤷‍♀️

I think if you worded your question differently by asking if people were as critical of the coaches and not the teams then the answer is probably yes. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I think if you worded your question differently by asking if people were as critical of the coaches and not the teams then the answer is probably yes. 

I think that’s what I meant.  My question was poorly worded, my tenses all wrong.  Basketball was awesome this season and Bruce Pearl is a hero, but before him, did people care enough about basketball to rabidly criticize the coaches? I am a new basketball fan and I’m reveling in the success, but if things weren’t to go as well this next season, I don't know if I’d feel like I should expect a run like that every year.  Ya know what I mean? Is this division just because it’s football? 

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I think that’s what I meant.  My question was poorly worded, my tenses all wrong.  Basketball was awesome this season and Bruce Pearl is a hero, but before him, did people care enough about basketball to rabidly criticize the coaches? I am a new basketball fan and I’m reveling in the success, but if things weren’t to go as well this next season, I don't know if I’d feel like I should expect a run like that every year.  Ya know what I mean? Is this division just because it’s football? 

Football is the obvious driver for most of us but I don't think anyone not named Barbee liked Tony as our coach (Not including our opponents of course). Those of us who remember the successes with Sonny Smith and Cliff Ellis found the years with Lebo and Barbee painful and frustrating. More to answer your question though since I am more interested in football I have been critical of Gus's coaching moves and decisions. Football just means more to me. 

10 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Yeah they let the coaches have it pretty good before Bruce. Players too, not the same activity though

Archived