Why are we so divided?

tbone4jc

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Some of y’all are acting like the money is coming out of your checking accounts. 

Dude, YES.

People are so concerned about the buyout like it affects them. If we have the money to buy him out and hire a top notch staff then pay that shizzzz

What if the 10% budget cut across all sports was in preparation and anticipation to actually pay this buyout?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Dude, YES.

People are so concerned about the buyout like it affects them. If we have the money to buy him out and hire a top notch staff then pay that shizzzz

What if the 10% budget cut across all sports was in preparation and anticipation to actually pay this buyout?

giphy (1).gif

27 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Dude, YES.

6681B14D-8E4D-40AE-81A2-ADF337C28EB1.gif

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Dude, YES.

I thought budgets were cut to get us in line with other schools. IIRC Jay Jacobs was famous for having bloated budgets and way too many employees in the AD. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I thought budgets were cut to get us in line with other schools. IIRC Jay Jacobs was famous for having bloated budgets and way too many employees in the AD. 

I will admit don't know much of anything --

[I could stop there really lol]

-- about the reasons behind the budget cuts. I do remember reading we had bloated budgets.

But I don't like the idea of our living legend basketball coach basking in the light of a Final Four run only to return to campus and be blindsided with a notice saying his program will have to eat a 10% budget cut.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

But I don't like the idea of our living legend basketball coach basking in the light of a Final Four run only to return to campus and be blindsided with a notice saying his program will have to eat a 10% budget cut.

Reeeeaaally bad optics. And I don't even like to use the word optics like that. 

As for the buyout, I believe it would be mostly/all private money. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Reeeeaaally bad optics. And I don't even like to use the word optics like that. 

Well shoot, if a few private parties want to chip in on the buyout why are some freaked out about having to pay so much. We all want to win, right?

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And mostly by a single individual...

Just now, Tiger said:

Well shoot, if a few private parties want to chip in on the buyout why are some freaked out about having to pay so much. We all want to win, right?

DJ Khaled approves of this message. 

30 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Judging by the 2 posts immediately preceding yours, I'd say you missed an opportunity for a gif trifecta.

....hint....

Maybe an Edit is in order?

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Judging by the 2 posts immediately preceding yours, I'd say you missed an opportunity for a gif trifecta.

....hint....

Maybe an Edit is in order?

...and on Friday the 13th under a harvest moon, no less.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Does their name rhyme with Jim Book or Gray Barber? 

In Malzahn's first 6 years as Auburn's coach, he's had 3 8-5 records plus a 7-6 record. He's won 10 or more games only twice and he hasn't got AU to the 4 team play off.

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

In Malzahn's first 6 years as Auburn's coach, he's had 3 8-5 records plus a 7-6 record. He's won 10 or more games only twice and he hasn't got AU to the 4 team play off.

tumblr_mu47a1xN1H1s0u7yko1_400.gif

On 9/12/2019 at 8:12 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This is the biggest myth in all of the college football internet. If so, then why is Gus and AU reeling in top 10 to 15 recruiting classes. These kids are going to go and not go to play football somewhere because of the experience they get in the real world. How the coaches recruit them. How the actual visits to the schools go. How the team preforms on the field. How early they can play. How they are used in the scheme of things on the team.

Not because of you and me on AUFamily.com. I can say this with 100% certain.

Umm....  Do you  mean teams in general or OUR results on the field?  Based  on our on field results I do not understand how Gus ha brought in the level  of talent he has.  2015, 2016,  2018.   Unless Gus keeps pointing to 2013 and players still buy in.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, McLoofus said:

None of these guys will challenge Gus or threaten to find a better way of doing things than whatever he wrote in his book 16 years ago. Except maybe Caddy, who is almost certainly being ignored and who will hopefully find a better gig and be the next TWill or TRob. Even so, like you said, he's a first year guy who probably didn't have a lot of other P5 offers yet. So even he probably isn't rocking the boat. 

Dilly might be the next Dabo but he's not here to bite the hand that feeds. 

But yeah. What we have now is the culmination of a steady process of removing any outside ideas or new ways of thinking from the staff. As you, I and other objective observers have been saying for years.

Oh, you forgot Porter, who is a stud with tons of experience. Which is why he coaches the position we don't use. 

3akcam.jpg

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

wow.  How have we survived without knowing this info.   Oh wait....   Plus side: nice you actually looked something up for a change. Not relevant to the thread but researching something is a good first step. 

On 9/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, bigbird said:

Exactly I don’t know why folk fail to believe. They were ready to pay a much higher buyout last year than what it would be this year. His knows he’s on the clock, win or go home. I’m not to worried about the team at this point. Everybody should know that Gus just never can get things right the first few games every year. Just typical Gus. That said if we can go to ATM next week and win ( I think we will) then we at least get 9 and the other 3 are all 50/50 ball. We can beat any of them or we can lose to any of the three. No will get better. Or running shows potential. We have a good stable of running backs. If I have any worries at this point  it’s our DBs . There’s talent there just not sure about smarts. We can’t have done mistakes from the DBs next week or beyond . Kevin’s got to get this fixed.

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If I have any worries at this point  it’s our DBs . There’s talent there just not sure about smarts. We can’t have done mistakes from the DBs next week or beyond . Kevin’s got to get this fixed.

After tonight, I am also concerned with our inexperience at LB. Their collective aggressiveness is taking them out of the play on screen passes. It got a bit ridiculous early on tonight.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

After tonight, I am also concerned with our inexperience at LB. Their collective aggressiveness is taking them out of the play on screen passes. It got a bit ridiculous early on tonight.

I’d like to think coaching and film study will help that. 

Archived