Trump fires John Bolton

TitanTiger

First, Trump handled it in his usual, lying and insulting way:

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning," Trump tweeted.

Bolton tweeted minutes after Trump's announcement, "I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, 'Let's talk about it tomorrow."

And ironically - since Bolton is a extremist hawk - it was possibly over a position he took that was absolutely correct:

Trump was irked by reports that he had faced internal pushback from Bolton over his decision to host leaders of the Taliban at Camp David, multiple people familiar with his frustration say. The President announced the plans for the meeting were canceled on Saturday.

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

First, Trump handled it in his usual, lying and insulting way:

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning," Trump tweeted.

Bolton tweeted minutes after Trump's announcement, "I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, 'Let's talk about it tomorrow."

And ironically - since Bolton is a extremist hawk - it was possibly over a position he took that was absolutely correct:

Trump was irked by reports that he had faced internal pushback from Bolton over his decision to host leaders of the Taliban at Camp David, multiple people familiar with his frustration say. The President announced the plans for the meeting were canceled on Saturday.

How do you know which one is lying? Answer......the one you want. I respect Condoleeza Rice and her opinions.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/condoleezza-rice-john-bolton-understands-that-he-had-to-go-not-president-trump

11 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

How do you know which one is lying? Answer......the one you want. I respect Condoleeza Rice and her opinions.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/condoleezza-rice-john-bolton-understands-that-he-had-to-go-not-president-trump

Yeah right, Trump would never lie.  :rolleyes:

And it's not like he hasn't fired people via Tweets before.

Just now, alexava said:

Trump fans are not capable of being embarrassed. 

You may be surprised I voted for him and I ashamed everytime he tweets..........Too much drama for my liking and down right unPresidential.

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

You may be surprised I voted for him and I ashamed everytime he tweets..........Too much drama for my liking and down right unPresidential.

You are in the minority. So many  yo-yos are hell bent on justifying his every ridiculous tweet. Which are mostly lies or self gratification. His defenders have made me lose any hope in normalcy. Kudos to you my friend. 

17 minutes ago, alexava said:

Trump fans are not capable of being embarrassed. 

To be honest I knew who I was voting for sorta.........Worked for a family owned buisness where the owner could have been Trumps twin...........more money than he knew what to do with and thought that made him the smartest guy in any room.......smug, arrogant, and lacked compassion........thats just the surface stuff.

18 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I am hoping there are a lot of people who voted for Trump who feel this way.

Hillary was perhaps the worst candidate imaginable and a lot of people were unhappy with the way the economy favors those who are already well-off instead of promoting upward mobility (a condition that continues.) 

I think many of Trump's votes were more protest votes against the status quo - which Hillary represented - than votes from people who really wanted to see him as POTUS.

The 2020 election will be one of the most critical elections in our modern history.  It will determine the future of our country in many aspects.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, alexava said:

You are in the minority. So many  yo-yos are hell bent on justifying his every ridiculous tweet. Which are mostly lies or self gratification. His defenders have made me lose any hope in normalcy. Kudos to you my friend. 

It's almost psychologically impossible to admit you were wrong.  It's much easier to double down and rationalize.

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am hoping there are a lot of people who voted for Trump who feel this way.

Hillary was perhaps the worst candidate imaginable and a lot of people were unhappy with the way the economy favors those who are already well-off instead of promoting upward mobility (a condition that continues.) 

I think many of Trump's votes were more protest votes against the status quo - which Hillary represented - than votes from people who really wanted to see him as POTUS.

The 2020 election will be one of the most critical elections in our modern history.  It will determine the future of our country in many aspects.

I think your correct..........a big middle finger to the establishment............I believe most will place there vote for him again based on the economy.......I for one have grown tired of his tweets and tired of the media and that includes Fox for well over a year now......So much so that I am not quite sure I'll even vote.

Back on topic:

Tucker is such a suck-up!!!  :laugh:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson claims that John Bolton is a "man of the left" and a "progressive"

But Carlson didn't mention Bolton spent more than a decade as a Fox News contributor before being tapped by Trump

https://www.salon.com/2019/09/11/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-claims-that-john-bolton-is-a-man-of-the-left-and-a-progressive/

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Back on topic:

Tucker is such a suck-up!!!  :laugh:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson claims that John Bolton is a "man of the left" and a "progressive"

But Carlson didn't mention Bolton spent more than a decade as a Fox News contributor before being tapped by Trump

https://www.salon.com/2019/09/11/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-claims-that-john-bolton-is-a-man-of-the-left-and-a-progressive/

So are a lot of other people of different views on politics. That doesn't have a hill of beans about their qualifications for an important job. Tucker expresses opinions. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a suck-up. I would assume a  lot of people like his show since it is the second most watched on cable TV news.

And just for the record, former FBI Dep. Director McCabe was a CNN employee but more than one colleague there have turned against him now that he will be prosecuted .

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-contributor-andrew-mccabe

16 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

So are a lot of other people of different views on politics. That doesn't have a hill of beans about their qualifications for an important job. Tucker expresses opinions. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a suck-up. I would assume a  lot of people like his show since it is the second most watched on cable TV news.

And just for the record, former FBI Dep. Director McCabe was a CNN employee but more than one colleague there have turned against him now that he will be prosecuted .

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-contributor-andrew-mccabe

Tucker Carlson: Trump Looking Directly Into the Sun Was ‘Perhaps the Most Impressive Thing Any President’s Ever Done’

Fox News host and noted Trump sycophant Tucker Carlson offered on Monday evening that the president looking directly into the total solar eclipse without protective glasses, despite repeated caution from experts and his own aides, was “perhaps the most impressive thing any president has ever done.” While Trump did use special solar-filtering glasses to view the eclipse from the White House, he was caught on-camera occasionally squinting upward to the sun without any protective eyewear. According to several reports, aides shouted from below his viewing balcony, “don’t look,” and he did so anyhow. Suggesting the Fox host was joking with his assessment, Carlson added that Trump’s unprotected sun-glancing was “not a complete surprise.” As a joke, the bit was perhaps a pretty incisive bit of self-parody.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Tucker Carlson: Trump Looking Directly Into the Sun Was ‘Perhaps the Most Impressive Thing Any President’s Ever Done’

Fox News host and noted Trump sycophant Tucker Carlson offered on Monday evening that the president looking directly into the total solar eclipse without protective glasses, despite repeated caution from experts and his own aides, was “perhaps the most impressive thing any president has ever done.” While Trump did use special solar-filtering glasses to view the eclipse from the White House, he was caught on-camera occasionally squinting upward to the sun without any protective eyewear. According to several reports, aides shouted from below his viewing balcony, “don’t look,” and he did so anyhow. Suggesting the Fox host was joking with his assessment, Carlson added that Trump’s unprotected sun-glancing was “not a complete surprise.” As a joke, the bit was perhaps a pretty incisive bit of self-parody.

Nice diversion from the thread topic.......Bolton.

30 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Nice diversion from the thread topic.......Bolton.

Tiger Sue:  "Tucker expresses opinions. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a suck-up. I would assume a  lot of people like his show since it is the second most watched on cable TV news."

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Tiger Sue:  "Tucker expresses opinions. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him a suck-up. I would assume a  lot of people like his show since it is the second most watched on cable TV news."

Glad to see you got it.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Um, the post she commented “nice diversion” on was about Trump looking into the sun, not about John Bolton. Please explain how her comment was in error. 

13 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Um, the post she commented “nice diversion” on was about Trump looking into the sun, not about John Bolton. Please explain how her comment was in error. 

Of course.

I quoted Tucker Carlson who claimed John Bolton - who Trump just fired - was a "leftist". :laugh:)

Sue disputed my opinion of Carlson as a sycophant, saying just because I don't agree with him, it doesn't make him a Trump sycophant.

I posted another article by Carlson - this one about his support of Trump staring at the sun during an eclipse, thus proving beyond a doubt he will say literally anything in support of Trump, no matter how stupid, thus proving he's a Trump sycophant.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Of course.

I quoted Tucker Carlson who claimed John Bolton - who Trump just fired - was a "leftist". :laugh:)

Sue disputed my opinion of Carlson as a sycophant, saying just because I don't agree with him, it doesn't make him a Trump sycophant.

I posted another article by Carlson - this one about his support of Trump staring at the sun during an eclipse, thus proving beyond a doubt he will say literally anything in support of Trump, no matter how stupid, thus proving he's a Trump sycophant.

In other words, she was right. Your post was not about Bolton.  Thanks  

Archived