Gus throwing shade at UAT

gr82be

This is where Gus's dry sense of humor is perfect. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/auburn-coach-gus-malzahn-appears-to-throw-subtle-shade-at-alabama-over-early-kickoff-times/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn appears to throw subtle shade at Alabama over early kickoff times

By Kyle Boone

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:41 pm ET • 1 min read

On Monday, Alabama released a statement expressing its "disappointment" at being placed in the noon ET kickoff window for its Sept. 21 game vs. Southern Miss. Less than 24 hours later, true to form of the great Iron Bowl rivalry, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn had a heaping amount of shade prepared in the opening statement of his press conference to directly (indirectly) address it.

"Our guys are excited to be back home for our second home game. Playing a very solid Kent State team," Malzahn said, his face deadpan before delivering the kicker. "6 p.m. kick. Personally I wish it was at noon so we'd have more time to prepare for our next opponent."

Alabama complained Monday about being put in a noon kickoff vs. Southern Miss, setting up Gus Malzahn for an all-time press conference subtweet.

"6 p.m. kick. Personally I wish it was at noon so we'd have more time to prepare for our next opponent."

Did you see that? No side grin, no wink, no giggle. Expressionless. That, friends, is how you deliver shade.

Look, Alabama is as entitled to complain about being put in a noon kickoff slot as Rutgers or Illinois or Eastern Illinois, but the argument in its formal statement Monday was ... no argument. Essentially, it was a request for special treatment because it is Alabama.

"We are disappointed that our game against Southern Miss has been selected as a daytime kickoff at home," the statement from Alabama's AD and president read, citing no reason other than preference. "We realize we've played more nonconference day games at home in September than any other SEC team since 2014. There have been a number of conversations with our conference office, and they also recognize the challenges these kick times present for our student-athletes and fans."

That Alabama's nonconference schedule is the equivalent of pound cake doesn't help its argument to be slotted anywhere but early; however, it's nonetheless amusing that the Alabama's gripe is Auburn's entertainment.

While its a good comment, Gus needs extra time to do what? uat has already put up more td's than we will in probably 6 games.

But yeah how dare the mighty updykes have to play early in the morning. Don't insult their god and cult with such pedestrian tasks.

6 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

While its a good comment, Gus needs extra time to do what? uat has already put up more td's than we will in probably 6 games.

But yeah how dare the mighty updykes have to play early in the morning. Don't insult their god and cult with such pedestrian tasks.

To hone the offense's ability to run up the middle for positive yards? 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

That Alabama's nonconference schedule is the equivalent of pound cake doesn't help its argument to be slotted anywhere but early; however, it's nonetheless amusing that the Alabama's gripe is Auburn's entertainment.

This is the absolute perfect conclusion to the article.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

"We realize we've played more nonconference day games at home in September than any other SEC team since 2014.

This is just the cross they have to bear, I guess.

B'wess it.  :zapbama:

Image result for saban temper

Sad this gets turned on Gus by posters who can’t even give him a win, even when goading our most hated rival. Geez Laweez 

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Sad this gets turned on Gus by posters who can’t even give him a win, even when goading our most hated rival. Geez Laweez 

Like I said in the other thread, we are past the point of return. Too many people are over him. It’ll only get worse until the cord is finally cut. It’s unfair to Gus, because he happens to be here during one of the most difficult times to be a coach at Auburn, due to UaT’s success. 

Remember Malzahn's series of jibes at Saban et al when they cried about the "danger" of up tempo offenses - shortly before the angry midget became a staunch advocate of them? Classic. 

The local cbs news station just made the biggest deal about this lol. Am I the only one that thinks this is a reach as far as “being called shade” is concerned? I didn’t get that vibe at all, seemed like an honest answer to me.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Remember Malzahn's series of jibes at Saban et al when they cried about the "danger" of up tempo offenses - shortly before the angry midget became a staunch advocate of them? Classic. 

I miss it...and the up tempo offenses, too.  

52 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The local cbs news station just made the biggest deal about this lol. Am I the only one that thinks this is a reach as far as “being called shade” is concerned? I didn’t get that vibe at all, seemed like an honest answer to me.

Throwing shade as described by the media, live and print =  clickbait

No, you're not the only one.  But it is kind of funny. 

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Throwing shade as described by the media, live and print =  clickbait

No, you're not the only one.  But it is kind of funny. 

The local cbs station here acted like Gus had just cut an attitude era wrestling promo lol

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

The local cbs station here acted like Gus had just cut an attitude era wrestling promo lol

Maybe they should stop bitching about gametimes then. They sound like entitled, arrogant brats(not to be construed that they aren’t). 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Slow day at work.  "Work."  NO shade to the broadcasters who put in the research, time, effort, yada.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Maybe they should stop bitching about gametimes then. They sound like entitled, arrogant brats(not to be construed that they aren’t). 

Perhaps they could have the 12:30 slot if they would like it better.  Compromise is a powerful thing.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

THIS^^^

His intonation wasn't that of someone taking a jab at anyone. Totally blown out of proportion.

56 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Gus was giving a shout out to the millions....AND MILLIONS of Gus’s fans. If ya smellllllllllalalalalalalala!

@AUsince72 I stood next to Saban at Senior Bowl Practice at UMS..........wasnt an arms distance between us.........I'm 6'5 and I swear if I spot him an inch I would say he's 5'6...........that was 2003 I believe maybe 02............you know old age has shaved an inch or 2 since then😂

Archived