Read option

shabby

On 9/11/2019 at 2:48 AM, aucanucktiger said:

True freshman 2 games into college 

I'm not pretending I know enough to have any answers. Just inquiring as to what level of control nix may have over the read. I also wonder what kind of run threat we will be able to pose. Not much of one so far

On 9/10/2019 at 7:40 PM, SumterAubie said:

I believe Gus took the option part away back in 2014. On more than one occasion, in fact many times that year,  I felt Marshall gave up clear opportunities to keep the ball on the option

The coach from Missouri said he thought the reads were predetermined when we played them in the SEC championship. 

18 hours ago, AuMarine said:

The coach from Missouri said he thought the reads were predetermined when we played them in the SEC championship. 

Speaks to how damn good Nick Marshall was in small spaces and how well G-Rob and Prosch were in clearing the way once Marshall made the unblocked guy miss.

48 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Speaks to how damn good Nick Marshall was in small spaces and how well G-Rob and Prosch were in clearing the way once Marshall made the unblocked guy miss.

I hate that Marshall hasn't come back for any of the games yet.  We even saw Tre Mason at a game when he was going through his mental struggles.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I hate that Marshall hasn't come back for any of the games yet.  We even saw Tre Mason at a game when he was going through his mental struggles.

I think he will eventually. I imagine it's hard to come down from Canada during the season

So far I like Bo nix and I think he will be good but i am not sure I would qualify him as dual threat. He is faster then stidham but not much of a threat if Gus doesn't run him some. I think he needs to stay in the pocket alittle longer to. He definitely panics like a freshman

On 9/11/2019 at 2:33 PM, JJB74 said:

Ya'll should know by now that the first half of the season Gus runs a certain number of plays over and over and over again.......Why does he do this 

i mean the same formation, with the same players, on the same downs.........We all know these formations have several different options but we see the same thing over and over and over and over......why is that.....has anyone here been a OC before........has anyone here been a pitching coach in baseball and call the pitches?   

Don't get your hopes us this weekend that the play calls are going to change........ third string team would roll over Kent St

There are several reasons why Gus is doing this..........I'm not going to get into all the reasons why he is calling the games the way he is but I'll leave you with this 

The less you put on film now helps you out so much when SEC schedule starts... Gus runs plays all year to set up a play when the game is on the line (EX. iron bowl Marshall to Coates)........Cam throwback to  Lutz..... 

KJ's pass for TD against Bama in 2017 from the Wildcat formation. Only time we ran that as a pass play all season.

Archived