Kent State Score Prediction

gravejd

Fine i'll do one.....

AU - 45 

Kent State - 0

This game should be the game where AU gets to run over around and through the opponent. If we still struggle to run in this game then there are huge problems on the OL. Kent State doesn't have near the DL that Tulane had. They do have a receiver in McKoy that could give us some problems. Tall kid at 6'3" that could win some jump balls and gain some yards if the secondary lets him loose. They also have our old friend Woody Barrett at QB but he is not the starter. He has played though so i imagine we'll get a chance to see him play. 

I'll be at the game and its my first of the season so i'm excited to get down to Auburn and take in all the festivities. Hoping for a little cooler weather. The last couple games i have made were scorchers. This one should be better if for no other reason than its at night. Hoping we'll be blessed with a cool breeze Saturday night!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we don't blowout this team there is a major problem. They're in the bottom 10 of division 1 teams and their offense hinges on one decent receiver and a sub-par running back. Our offense should be able to run the ball against the 15th worse run defense in the country and Nix has to complete a higher percentage of his passes. This might be a great opportunity to force our coaches into using other receivers; Stove is going to get a lot of targets knowing this staff.

Bo Nix should throw for three touchdowns before coming out of the game. Boobee should be able to run for about 150 and 2 touchdowns before riding the bench; even with his fumble problems last week I bet he still takes the bulk of the first string carries. Hopefully after these two give us a huge lead we get to see Gatewood run the full offense for an entire half where they should put up at least two touchdowns even with burning the clock.

Here's to hoping I don't get burned again. If Arizona State can hold them to 7, then I don't see why we can't hold them to even less.

Auburn 49 - Kent State 3 (we give up some easy yards one drive before locking in and forcing a field goal).

Auburn, 42 - 9

Not surprised if special teams look good and we get peeks at things Malzahn currently thinking about for aTm (Joiner!). Bracing for a season of post game threads furious over how Joey's used (regardless 😉). My hope is to see Hill & Joiner used a lot and identify another every down RB (go DJ go!)

We allowed 6 points to a Tulane team that actually has a decent offense, and scored 24 against a Tulane team that actually has a decent defense (while running out time in the 4th quarter mostly in 1 drive). 

Defensively, this should be a shutout. But I could see them getting some points on the board late.

Offensively, we should be able to batter the heck out of them. I did some mathematical projections of what the game would have looked like if we had kept the hammer down on Tulane through the 4th quarter instead of going on a 9 minute drive and taking a knee. We likely would have scored 45 points. We should be able to put up substantially more than that against Kent State. Still, I'd expect a low intensity second half with no tempo and a lot of ball control. 

Thus, I'm going to go with something between 48-7 and 55-3. Either way, I think we'll be in control of this game early. How much we score will be dictated by the point where Gus decides to just kill the clock and prepare for TAMU.

55-0 Auburn. Steele wants his guys to come out and dominate from the opening whistle. He doesn’t want Kent State’s offense to score on the first possession like the last two games.  That’s a bad trend he wants to stop.

I hope this is a 38- 3 type ball game instead of a 55-0.   I would like to see Auburn line up and make their offense work, and don't stop till it does.  No trick plays, no taking advantage of a weak slow defense.  Make the OL,BACKS AND wr'S block their assignments or sit their tails....   Also let Gatewood and your other rb's run your whole offense to, then if you are successful and the score runs up to 55...GOOD!!

44-3   au

Marcelo has been simulating the games this season on NCAA 14 and has some interestingly close out comes.  The Oregon game with Bo was 29-22 Oregon with Nix getting picked in the end zone to end the game.  Obviously in real life Nix got the TD to win but close on the score.  Tulane was like 21-3 I think which wasn’t far from 24-6.  The Kent State game was real close.  19- 13 I think.  Auburn kicked 4 fgs.  If Auburn comes out and barely gets by Kent State watch out.  

Disclaimer:  I do realize that the games have no bearing on reality and are just for entertainment purposes.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Marcelo has been simulating the games this season on NCAA 14 and has some interestingly close out comes.  The Oregon game with Bo was 29-22 Oregon with Nix getting picked in the end zone to end the game.  Obviously in real life Nix got the TD to win but close on the score.  Tulane was like 21-3 I think which wasn’t far from 24-6.  The Kent State game was real close.  19- 13 I think.  Auburn kicked 4 fgs.  If Auburn comes out and barely gets by Kent State watch out.  

Disclaimer:  I do realize that the games have no bearing on reality and are just for entertainment purposes.

Throw that game away. Video games rot you mind! in this case they had the score backwards 91-31 Auburn. 31 came from us playing 3rd string.

Archived