Kent State - what do you want to see?

Zeek

5 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I agree this is frustrating but the only way I see this changing is to sub Nix off for Gatewood and continue to go pace with gatewood if we get the first down or big yardage. I don’t think Gus is willing to commit to that. 

Which is a shame. The dude had the job won until late in fall camp. He must be capable of running a few different plays. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Auburn TD on our first offensive possession for once. 

The defense not giving up any points on the opponent's opening drive for once. 

Accuracy from Nix to Hill, Jackson, JJ, Stove and others. 

Multiple RBs playing with Boobie playing the least amount. 

More turnovers by the defense (like 3 or more). 

Aggressive play calling from Gus.

A shutout by the defense. 

No injuries. 

* Nix completing +60% of his passes. BTW, many of his "incomplete" passes have been throwing the ball away because of the pass rush so the OL has to improve there.

* Multiple series of Gatewood running the complete offense with the 1's.

* Use of curls, middle crossing patterns and seam routes in the passing game.

* Joiner and D.J. Williams getting some decent touches in the running game.

26 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Have we ever played Kent State before? I can't remember if we have of not.

Appears to be their 1st meeting.

Since we are paying them to play us, I want us to run the full offense for 4 quarters, even if we are up by 70 and the walkon's are in I don't want to see just runs up the middle.  Offensive players like to score touchdowns.  They don't care if they are winning by a ridiculous amount.  Keep throwing the ball with JG and then Cole, and then whoever else is listed as a QB.  3rd and 4th string defense will be hungry and want sacks and int's so the offense needs to think the same way.

A nice cold front to move in and have temperatures in the low 70s by game time.

No injuries.

More Joey.

More Worm.

Better OL run protection.

Resting Siposs. We used him too much last game.

Lots of fans staying until the end of the game, even though it's a blowout.

Is Woody Barrett still QB there?

I want to see the O line blow a hole in the first quarter.  I don’t care if the RB trips and falls over his own feet I just want to see a hole blown open like the parting of the Red Sea.  

• WarTiger changed the title to Kent State - what do you want to see?

QB:  i want to see Nix do all the little things.    Look off receivers,  stay calm in the pocket,   Hit his receivers consistently.   I want to see Joey get a chance at a full series that includes throwing. 

OL:  i want to see them get some push which they should against this team and stay healthy. 

RB: i want to see less of Boobie.  he is a known commodity.   Lets see the other guys  have a chance at running between the tackles,  edge and blocking for Nix. 

WR: i want to see more of Hill, Jackson, 

DL,  i want to see a complete game played.  not just the last half when the opposing OL gets tired. 

KICK COVERAGE.   get down the field and get the guy with the ball. 

I’d like to see Auburn cover the spread.  35 pts shouldn’t be a lot to ask against one of the worst teams Auburn plays.  

I just want to feel good about the offense heading into A&M.  I don’t care if it’s just because of who Auburn is playing.  Give me hope that Auburn will go into college station and it won’t look like 2015 LSU game.(offensively)

75% completion percentage for Nix

7+ yards per carry for the backs.

Boobee on the bench with a ball duct taped to his body.

DJ WILLIAMS

Would like to see everyone stay healthy. Other than that, just want to see us play well - no turnovers, sacks, penalties, drops, interceptions, fumbles, etc. Would also like to see our secondary play a clean game - no busted coverage, no big plays down the field, no bad penalties. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

A smart offense. I would like to go an entire game without being able to call out every single play we do on offense

That would be great but we have seen too much of Gus's personnel packages, formations and motions to make it next to impossible to not know what is coming. 

Archived