Kent State - what do you want to see?

Zeek

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

A smart offense. I would like to go an entire game without being able to call out every single play we do on offense

Haven't you heard, Gus is saving up his real play calling for aTm.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Haven't you heard, Gus is saving up his real play calling for aTm.  

I'veliterally been avoiding that thread because if it's somebody I'm cool with that came up with that crap it'll ruin a relationship

Penalties:

NO FACEMASKS;  NO FACEMASKS;   NO FACEMASKS,  NO FACEMASKS.

Got it, now?

Slant patterns

Passes to tight ends

Proper use of personnel

Let JG run the entire offense (especially let him throw some passes)

Gus' alarm clock to wake him up when it's time to play offense

I want to see us positively reestablish the LoS on every play. 

I want to see some drive blocking and attitude from the OL.

I want to see 3 receptions by back up receivers.

I want Shivers showcased as the primary back

I want a sack via a speed rush by the Buck...I don't care who, just someone step up

I want Smoke and Sherwood playing safety together at the same time

I want the game put away by halftime 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I want to see us positively reestablish the LoS on every play. 

I want to see some drive blocking and attitude from the OL.

I want to see 3 receptions by back up receivers.

I want Shivers showcased as the primary back

I want a sack via a speed rush by the Buck...I don't care who, just someone step up

I want Smoke and Sherwood playing safety together at the same time

I want the game put away by halftime 

What did you think of that smoke call....that dude is an awesome safety imo

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Far from an intentional targeting but probably the right call because he led with the crown of he helmet. 

Just now, around4ever said:

Far from an intentional targeting but probably the right call because he led with the crown of he helmet. 

I thought it was more shoulder than anything but I only watched one time. I need to see it again but that was a heck of a play

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I thought it was more shoulder than anything but I only watched one time. I need to see it again but that was a heck of a play

I said it was shoulder also until I saw the end zone camera view. 

I feel like a lot of our wishes came true. I feel like Gus was completely focused on getting the run game going.  Lots of people carried the rock. OLine did a better job on run block. @Momma Worm, how proud are you of your boy? 😁 He was super fun to watch! 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

He is and the call was poor.  Looked like he hit the player in the shoulder. There has to be some discretion to the call.

I thought that by the “letter of the law” the call was correct. I also thought it was a perfect tackle by a tall guy on a short guy with no intent to injure; just a good football play. That’s why the rule, or at least the way it’s being enforced, needs to be changed somehow. 180 degree opposite to the hit on Hastings last week but with same result. Worse call was the face mask on Nix that was called then waved off....WTH?

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I feel like a lot of our wishes came true. I feel like Gus was completely focused on getting the run game going.  Lots of people carried the rock. OLine did a better job on run block. @Momma Worm, how proud are you of your boy? 😁 He was super fun to watch! 

She's probably wondering why he didn't play more. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

She's probably wondering why he didn't play more. 

She was disappointed by his touches being limited by all those targets to Hill, McClain, Shenker, etc. Oh, wait......

24 minutes ago, fredst said:

She was disappointed by his touches being limited by all those targets to Hill, McClain, Shenker, etc. Oh, wait......

Targets thrown by QB2, to boot.

LSU, yesterday, did very near the same thing as Auburn. It was 17-14 with a min left in the first half and they scored to make it 24-14. Then poured  it on the second half.  The stats were nearly identical.  I currently have LSU as a team that can beat Bama (🤮). I’m bringing this up bc as a fan base we seem to be taking yesterday as a failure. Discussing.....not calling out anyone.

Well we did a few things that I wanted to see. Was hoping for a shutout, which includes the defense not giving up points on the first possession. We need to get that corrected. Also hate that there were injuries. Overall good tune up game. 

Archived