LSU players laying on the field faking injuries

gr82b4au

This is something that I have noticed for years. When LSU plays a good opponent and are on the ropes, like the last 3 games against AU, you see defensive players fake injuries and lay on the field because they are tired. They go off the field and then 2 plays later they are right back in the game. Maybe if it happens one or twice it would seem like coincidence. This happens over and over, year after year. 

They did it again Saturday night against Texas. I started laughing. Afterwards my brother (who was at the game) texted me and ask if this is normal for LSU. I told the Yes - in big games they are taught to fake injuries so that they can catch their breath and slow down the opposing offenses. Bad sportsmanship but it works like a charm.They are masters at it.

I don't really agree with it, but I also don't see it as a big problem.  Anyone who has ever played or coached knows that injuries are more likely the more tired you get.  Therefore, if a player is too exhausted to continue then drop and get the official timeout so you can get off the field.  I understand that it hoses the O's rhythm but that is also part of the game now.  How do you disrupt an O that is starting to get on a roll?

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

How do you disrupt an O that is starting to get on a roll?

Play good defense? I don't see other teams doing this. We don't do it. 

Maybe this is what we needed to do when uat dropped the hammer on us last year... or against uga.... lay on the field and catch our breath. It seems to work and it is not against the rules. 

The one thing I always think of was in 2013 I believe in the UGA game a UGA player was trying to get off the field and the coaches put their hands up to say "stop" and then told him to lay down.  At least hide the fact a little better.

36 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The one thing I always think of was in 2013 I believe in the UGA game a UGA player was trying to get off the field and the coaches put their hands up to say "stop" and then told him to lay down.  At least hide the fact a little better.

It was Arkansas. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It was Arkansas. 

UGA did it as well I believe.  To be fair I am pretty sure we did it too with Swain in the endzone.  So I suppose we can't be all that upset then.

Edit:  @Tiger beat me to it!

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Guys shhhhh

3256402.gif

Zero reaction from the other players there. 

LSU did it a ton last year and the year before. Coach O has really upped the fake injury module to try and curtail the opposing teams momentum. Hey it worked both years vs us when we should of won..............

Bwahahaha...I am pretty mild mannered, until kickoff. One time, the opposing team was doing this kind of stuff, so I started booing them. Anyway, somebody really got hurt and I just assumed they were faking it, so I started booing. My daughter was horrified!!! I felt bad about it later, but I was in the moment. I watch a little more carefully these days. 

21 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I was listening to the game and the LSU guys were calling the Texas fans classless because they booed every time an LSU guy went down. It was every freakn play....somebody went down.

LSU fans are some of most classless fans on the planet. Not all of them in that they do have some good fans, but when the heavy booze gets flowing at Tiger Stadium, you have to be careful in many ways. I have been there and done that. I was at the game when we beat them 41-7 on Tubs first season and was treated very badly and got up and left and listened to the 2nd half on radio. Another occasion was when beat them in the 90s when Craig was our QB. Was cursed at by kids and their parents laughing at this. I stayed the game and endured to the end and told them a good hard fought game. They did not know what to say. Maybe they realized that Auburn fans as a whole have some of the best class in the SEC. Sure we have some rough fans, but as a whole we are a good bunch of hard nosed fans but have a class that comes from being an Auburn man or Lady and this I will be proud of till the day I am Auburn dead!

On 9/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, gr82b4au said:

This is something that I have noticed for years. When LSU plays a good opponent and are on the ropes, like the last 3 games against AU, you see defensive players fake injuries and lay on the field because they are tired. They go off the field and then 2 plays later they are right back in the game. Maybe if it happens one or twice it would seem like coincidence. This happens over and over, year after year. 

They did it again Saturday night against Texas. I started laughing. Afterwards my brother (who was at the game) texted me and ask if this is normal for LSU. I told the Yes - in big games they are taught to fake injuries so that they can catch their breath and slow down the opposing offenses. Bad sportsmanship but it works like a charm.They are masters at it.

Lol I was at the game. They did. Sitting there with a AU hat and Texas polo. GF looked at me and goes and that's where you got your grad degree from right in the Texas section. I was like wow... that bourbon just hit.. need anything from the concession stand?

On 9/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Bwahahaha...I am pretty mild mannered, until kickoff. One time, the opposing team was doing this kind of stuff, so I started booing them. Anyway, somebody really got hurt and I just assumed they were faking it, so I started booing. My daughter was horrified!!! I felt bad about it later, but I was in the moment. I watch a little more carefully these days. 

I've done it too.  I don't even feel bad when they actually are hurt either.  Crying wolf and what not.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, doc4aday said:

LSU fans are some of most classless fans on the planet. Not all of them in that they do have some good fans, but when the heavy booze gets flowing at Tiger Stadium, you have to be careful in many ways. I have been there and done that. I was at the game when we beat them 41-7 on Tubs first season and was treated very badly and got up and left and listened to the 2nd half on radio. Another occasion was when beat them in the 90s when Craig was our QB. Was cursed at by kids and their parents laughing at this. I stayed the game and endured to the end and told them a good hard fought game. They did not know what to say. Maybe they realized that Auburn fans as a whole have some of the best class in the SEC. Sure we have some rough fans, but as a whole we are a good bunch of hard nosed fans but have a class that comes from being an Auburn man or Lady and this I will be proud of till the day I am Auburn dead!

I was there too Doc.........got to the Yukon and windshield wipers turned inside out tobacco spit poured down windshield and only time I ever left flags in window was cut to shreds........I had much worse at the Pat Nix phantom whistle game.......much worse.

Gus??? Why did you not put Gatwood in and let him make the first down on the 4th down play? That is what Joey is great at.

4 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Gus??? Why did you not put Gatwood in and let him make the first down on the 4th down play? That is what Joey is great at.

Because LSU was laying on the field.   🤷‍♂️   😂

On 9/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, kevon67 said:

I was there too Doc.........got to the Yukon and windshield wipers turned inside out tobacco spit poured down windshield and only time I ever left flags in window was cut to shreds........I had much worse at the Pat Nix phantom whistle game.......much worse.

Careful, somebody's going to swoop in here and tell you that LSU fans are the best in the world and that you must have done something to piss them off and it's your fault and you just don't get them. Every fan base has a few bad apples, none of that's true because I had some great gumbo in Red Stick one time, blah blah blah. 

I promise this will be the conversation LSU week. 

Archived