View from a Pessimist

lost

3 hours ago, lost said:

Before this becomes a "hate gus" fest, that was not my intention.   I will support him till he is replaced.  I will not be a sheeple , but i will support.  My thread is about how we got 2-0 and all that is surrounding it.  We will be 3-0 going into the A&M.  After that is what i am  unsure about.  Gus will be Gus, and I have to live with that.  Until i see some changes in personnel , some variables in his play calling, and some relaxation of his stubbornness in not trusting his players i will continue to believe we are headed for 4-5 losses.  I will say again.  We have the talent on offense to be good enough, as we don't have to be great.  The defense has that covered.

That last second TD pass against Oregon looked like a lot of trust in his players to me.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I would be. I get this vibe that he's okay with it, though. Maybe he never had serious NFL aspirations? Maybe he's one of those like Mario Fannin who was all AU and just genuinely happy to be here? I dunno. But I feel like he's at peace with it. 

It's okay, KMart. We'll keep being bitter for you! 

LOL he really does seem to love AU and rep AU all the time. He seems like a good kid stuck in an O that doesn't know how to utilize his talent. Actually, most of our kids are like that really

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That last second TD pass against Oregon looked like a lot of trust in his players to me.

We disagree on 99.99% of things but I gotta say I agree with you here. I was incredibly surprised Gus went for the kill shot with Bo vs Oregon. Pleasantly surprised.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We disagree on 99.99% of things but I gotta say I agree with you here. I was incredibly surprised Gus went for the kill shot with Bo vs Oregon. Pleasantly surprised.

The apologists will always find an exception to Gus's tendencies here or there and then act like they're the rule. 

It's to the point now where we're looking at the only sensible and reasonable call- take one shot at the end zone before kicking the ball is literally the only choice for any reasonable coach in that situation- and we're acting like it's some sort of major breakthrough and that maybe our head coach and offensive coordinator knows something about football after all. 

Edit: Not a shot at you, of course. I was also pleasantly surprised. Mrs. Loof and I were both like, "Never thought he'd try that." Even though, again, it was pretty much as cut and dry a coaching decision as there is. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The apologists will always find an exception to Gus's tendencies here or there and then act like they're the rule. 

It's to the point now where we're looking at the only sensible and reasonable call- take one shot at the end zone before kicking the ball is literally the only choice for any reasonable coach in that situation- and we're acting like it's some sort of major breakthrough and that maybe our head coach and offensive coordinator knows something about football after all. 

giphy.gif

I hope Mikey wasn't saying that this was some sort of pattern from Gus because it damn sure isn't. I'm hoping he was tipping his cap to the fact that Gus did actually trust a guy in that moment and pointing it out because it's so far from the norm.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

giphy.gif

I hope Mikey wasn't saying that this was some sort of pattern from Gus because it damn sure isn't. I'm hoping he was tipping his cap to the fact that Gus did actually trust a guy in that moment and pointing it out because it's so far from the norm.

Mikey was just saying what Mikey always says which is whatever silly thing that flies out of his mouth as long as it deflects criticism away from Gus and/or inflates his accomplishments. 

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Agreed.  There were a few other plays as well to get the two other touchdowns.  I remember the announcers were talking about the wheel route decoy knowing that Oregon would pick up the running back based off our tenancies and Bo threw a strike to Sal for a big gain.  That is what I hope to see against A&M.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yes because silencing people is always the best route to go. I get it if you are directly attacking someone. That should be removed.

But removing posts because they make you uncomfortable is always the best route right? /Sarcasm

Seems highly presumptuous to assume one knows the reason for the removal of a post or thread. Seems those who make the extra time in their busy 24/7 to TRY to keep the flow "in go" to make this as enjoyable for the majority of members as possible might be given the benefit of the doubt. I've always chosen to believe that though some posters might remain unaware at best, perpetually oblivious at worst, there are greater-good reasons for removal. There are also a few who love to argue about anything, love to patronize, and who love the sound of their own voices. That's what the ignore button is for... because of the threads/posts that countless WISH were removed. A couple seem to have "mod-envy," as silly as it sounds. Comes thru clearly. Thanks, Mods, for all you do...it's probably been a long time since you've heard it. Really appreciate the humor you inject when the derailment/derangement rears up. 

I would be absolutely thrilled if Gus went Kevin Steele all over the Offensive Line and they came out and blew the golden flashes off the line of scrimmage and created holes big enough for a tank to roll through....   And we ran the 3-4 plays, you hear me Mikey?    2013 REMAKE.....   As long as rotated backs in and out and did not get BOOBEE hurt... and he allowed Gatewood the same opportunity to run that same offense

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Seems highly presumptuous to assume one knows the reason for the removal of a post or thread. Seems those who make the extra time in their busy 24/7 to TRY to keep the flow "in go" to make this as enjoyable for the majority of members as possible might be given the benefit of the doubt. I've always chosen to believe that though some posters might remain unaware at best, perpetually oblivious at worst, there are greater-good reasons for removal. There are also a few who love to argue about anything, love to patronize, and who love the sound of their own voices. That's what the ignore button is for... because of the threads/posts that countless WISH were removed. A couple seem to have "mod-envy," as silly as it sounds. Comes thru clearly. Thanks, Mods, for all you do...it's probably been a long time since you've heard it. Really appreciate the humor you inject when the derailment/derangement rears up. 

I appreciate them too.  Whole lot more people in here than there was when i first joined!

So in the Auburn Sports Rundown podcast from today, Bryan Matthews just said that Gus is playing the players that show up to practice and work hard, and that there are more talented offensive players relegated to the bench because they're not working hard.  That statement came on the heels of talking about why Matt Hill isn't getting more PT.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

So in the Auburn Sports Rundown podcast from today, Bryan Matthews just said that Gus is playing the players that show up to practice and work hard, and that there are more talented offensive players relegated to the bench because they're not working hard.  That statement came on the heels of talking about why Matt Hill isn't getting more PT.

If this is the case then maybe Gus should take a look at which WR are working hard in games.  It would be a short list. 

53 minutes ago, around4ever said:

If this is the case then maybe Gus should take a look at which WR are working hard in games.  It would be a short list. 

That's what the frustrating part is. We have guys not running their full routes and flat out giving up on the play because the ball, for some reason, is predetermined NOT to go to them and yet we have some sort of standard that guys that are hard working will see the field? What the hell are the guys who don't work hard doing? 

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

giphy.gif

That decision told me that Gus trusted his young QB more than his placekicker.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Edit: Not a shot at you, of course. I was also pleasantly surprised. Mrs. Loof and I were both like, "Never thought he'd try that." Even though, again, it was pretty much as cut and dry a coaching decision as there is. 

It's funny too because you can see this is how we fall for it every year......it takes an outlier happening one in a hundred and you will have a guy say look at this.....everybody will hold their breath all over again

You remember how pleasant the board was when the so and so said hi quote was the thing to do? 

16 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

That decision told me that Gus trusted his young QB more than his placekicker.

Could have done both.....pass incomplete, the kick the FG with no time on the clock.   JMO but pretty easy decision.....plus he needed to cover the spread. :)..

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks. Maybe we can Tommy Lee Jones stupid "blah blah blah says hi" posts out of existence!

Speaking of old farts...

Golf says, hi

Archived