09.13.08 Never Forget

Win4AU

This is probably Tubs' 2nd proudest achievement behind the 2004 team lol. He Tubershelled for a full 60 minutes and WON

Same season Bama snapped a 6 game losing streak to us (IMO Tubbs second greatest achievment) which began a whopping 2 year winning streak for Saban over Auburn. 

17 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I was all Gustrated after that game too.

Aweful.

...You realize Malzahn was at Tulsa orchestrating one of the best offenses in the country at the time, right?

I was at a UNA home game that night. My daughter was dancing Pregame and at Halftime. 

I remember thinking that while I was here at Braly, that Auburn was playing MSU. I was listening to the game and watching UNA win, when it finally hit me...Hell...I was at the better game.

36 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

...You realize Malzahn was at Tulsa orchestrating one of the best offenses in the country at the time, right?

Oh come on!!

That was punny!

I was Gustrated before Gustration was cool!

27 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Oh come on!!

That was punny!

I was Gustrated before Gustration was cool!

Given the attitude of many on the board, it sounded like you were blaming Gus for something he had nothing to do with.

That was ONLY 11 years ago? Has any 11 year period ever felt so long for a sports program as it has for us? We have been through 100 years worth of changes, history, and stories since that game. Feels like watching film on a game from the 50s. 

4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Shush can’t say that on here.

I remember not being able to watch that game on tv and instead listening on the radio. Looking back I guess I was one of the lucky fans who only had to listen to it and not actually see it.

22 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

I remember not being able to watch that game on tv and instead listening on the radio. Looking back I guess I was one of the lucky fans who only had to listen to it and not actually see it.

I was fresh out of college waiting tables that year.  Missed most that season.  I was ok with that.

My daughter's softball team had a fall ball double header at Columbia State Community College, in Columbia TN, that day.  I had to listen to it on the way home trying to find the AU radio stations along the way.  I was going absolutely crazy. 

16 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I always felt bad for Sylvester Chrom (sp). I think in a better program, he could have excelled more.

Me too. He is one of the few bammers I actually like and respect. His time at MSU was doomed from the start. 

At that time I lived in The Woodlands, TX near Houston.  The eye of hurricane Ike had passed over our house earlier in the week and we had no power.  So I listened to that game on the radio, in my car, on my driveway.  I was more miserable during the game than I was during the hurricane.

Archived