Direct TV and ATnT Subscribers No AU Sat.

toddc

DirecTV and AT&T U-Verse viewers could miss SEC games Saturday

ByBRAD CRAWFORD 5 hours ago 

Share8 Comments

Hold onto your seats and remote controls, SEC fans.

Saturday's slate of league-wide matchups across SEC Network and the rest of ESPN's army of sports channels may not be available to watch if you're a DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse or AT&T TVNow subscriber.

According to the SEC through instantaccesstv.com, DirectTV and AT&T video subscribers could be out of luck on Saturday:

WABC Channel 7, KABC Channel 7, WTVD ABC 11, KGO ABC 7, KTRK ABC 13, KFSN ABC 30, WLS ABC 7, WPVI ABC 6, the ESPN and Disney networks, and Freeform may soon no longer be available on DIRECTV and AT&T video lineups. That means DIRECTV and AT&T video customers could miss: local news, Jeopardy, The Good Doctor, the final season of Modern Family and more on ABC; Exclusive Monday Night Football matchups, College Football, and SportsCenter on the ESPN networks; Descendants 3, Mickey and the Roadster Racers, Lion Guard, and Puppy Dog Pals on Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD; plus, grown-ish, and The Bold Type on Freeform. Tell AT&T to keep these networks in your TV lineup by calling the AT&T customer service line for your area.

Subscribers are encouraged to call their cable provider or make arrangements now through streaming services to watch Week 3's full slate of games.

Games that will be potentially affected by this channel outage include:

Arkansas State at Georgia (ESPN2)

Chattanooga at Tennessee (SEC Network)

Kansas State at Mississippi State (ESPN)

Colorado State at Arkansas (SEC Network)

Southeastern Louisiana at Ole Miss (SEC Network+)

Kent State at Auburn (ESPN2)

Florida at Kentucky (ESPN)

Lamar at Texas A&M (ESPNU)

Northwestern State at LSU (SEC Network)

Southeast Missouri State at Missouri (SEC Network+)

As of now, Alabama-South Carolina — nationally-televised on CBS — is the only SEC game that will be available across all cable providers.

According to InstantaccessTV.com, ABC, Disney and ESPN networks are affected by this DirecTV and AT&T video services disagreement.

"In order for WABC/KABC/WTVD/KGO/KTRK/KFSN/WLS/WPVI, the ESPN and Disney networks, and Freeform to be delivered to your home, we negotiate agreements for the rights to carry our stations and networks with video service providers like DirecTV and AT&T," the press release says. "The Disney owned networks and stations have agreements in place with all of the major video providers in DirecTV and AT&T video territories, including Comcast, Verizon FiOS, Cox, Optimum, Frontier and others, and we have a strong track record of successfully reaching multi-year agreements with these and other TV providers.

8COMMENTS

"Unfortunately, so far AT&T has refused to reach a fair, market-based agreement with us, despite the fact that the terms we are seeking are in line with recent marketplace deals we have reached with other distributors. If a deal is not reached soon, DirecTV and AT&T video subscribers could lose access to ABC, ESPN and more."

This story will be updated when more information becomes available.

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Same. I will drop and go Spectrum this week. Not that it was a big deal for me but we didn't have the NBC affiliate KXAN for over 2 months cause of this stuff.

Spectrum is no different.  Their contract may not expire at the same time but their negotiations break down as well. 

What the cable and satellite companies don't seem to realize is by allowing these interruptions of service, they are obsoleting themselves.  The streaming services gain viewership every time there is a contract dispute. 

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Same. I will drop and go Spectrum this week. Not that it was a big deal for me but we didn't have the NBC affiliate KXAN for over 2 months cause of this stuff.

I was so pissed about that.  But I will say DirecTV hooked me up with some sweet discounts because of it.

End of the day, I'm not leaving them.  They are the only place the offers NFL Sunday Ticket and I use the hell out of that.

10 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I have youtubetv as a backup but In soon going to drop DirecTV anyway. They've been outpricing themselves for a long time.

How do you like YouTube tv? I am thinking about switching from Spectrum.

So what time was this supposed to take place? All stations are still on this morning. I'm guessing they reached an agreement. 

28 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So what time was this supposed to take place? All stations are still on this morning. I'm guessing they reached an agreement. 

Midnight. The contract does not run out for another couple of weeks I read. They could of just decided to not black them out till the deadline officially passes.

Guys, there is a place that i got off of the SEC rant that carries the games free....i have it bookmarked in my vast storehouse of useless crap...its malware free/virus free....i won't post it because i don't know the rules....i will post it on the rant again....another option is subscribe to the free week trials on hula/youtube tv....i have used youtube and its good IF IF IF you have a good high speed internet....

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I was so pissed about that.  But I will say DirecTV hooked me up with some sweet discounts because of it.

End of the day, I'm not leaving them.  They are the only place the offers NFL Sunday Ticket and I use the hell out of that.

yep!!

54 minutes ago, wde21 said:

I have it as a backup.  It is good if you have a good hi-speed internet service and wifi. Also, it slows down if your household is using too many devices at one time.  I have a 5-8 second delay on mine and it occasionally has to buffer.  

So many IPTV options out there to put up with this crap. Streaming is the way to go. Get an indoor antenna for local channels.. even if you are in the middle of nowhere, you can get an attic antenna and hook up where your old cable/satellite wires run into your home and you have local channels for the whole house. 

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They need to get some people who know how to extend a contract in there to settle this thing. What's Sexton and Leath doing today? :-\

Ok so ESPN U is the only ESPN station that is working for me today. Anyone else who has DirecTV having this problem!? It is a beautiful day and on ESPN and ESPN2 it says satellite signal is lost..... Wtf 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ok so ESPN U is the only ESPN station that is working for me today. Anyone else who has DirecTV having this problem!? It is a beautiful day and on ESPN and ESPN2 it says satellite signal is lost..... Wtf 

Mine is working normally.

6 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Mine is working normally.

Well dang! I wanted some company in my misery lol.

8 hours ago, wde21 said:

Not the person you quoted and asked but I have YouTube TV and it definitely does the job. There are some issues, at time, with buffering and it being delayed but paying $55 instead of $150 that I was paying with DirecTV is worth those small hiccups. Couldn't recommend it more out of all of the other streaming services that I've tried (Hulu, Sling, PS Vue).

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Not the person you quoted and asked but I have YouTube TV and it definitely does the job. There are some issues, at time, with buffering and it being delayed but paying $55 instead of $150 that I was paying with DirecTV is worth those small hiccups. Couldn't recommend it more out of all of the other streaming services that I've tried (Hulu, Sling, PS Vue).

I thankfully haven’t had buffering issues, but I also don’t have to worry about other people taking up bandwidth. I’m also knocking on wood as we speak

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well dang! I wanted some company in my misery lol.

You got company my friend (and fam!!!), DirecTV was a mess earlier for me on the ESPN channels.  Looks like the "limby" weather has cleared now.  I've got a few complaints, but by and large I am a mostly satisfied DTV customer.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I thankfully haven’t had buffering issues, but I also don’t have to worry about other people taking up bandwidth. I’m also knocking on wood as we speak

Should mention that if I'm on my laptop I don't have any issues. It's only when I try watching on my Roku that I have those small issues. The one thing I wish would be that the PS4 would get the YouTube TV app because it's got better hardware. Also, I have like 8-9 devices in my family that are connected to the WiFi ... so, yeah, that could also be the issue.

Thought I quoted u with this post @tgrogan21 I use it on my Xbox, had it on my smart tv but the tv went haywire (still don’t know why). The optimization on Xbox is very well done in my experience. I have a PS4 as well but I doubt they would add the app to a streaming service that would rival Vue

Archived