Kent St - Game Thread

ValleyTiger

2 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Dropped TD pass by Boobie, dropped first down pass by Hastings and overthrown TD pass by Bo. Would have been great to have had 14 more points going into halftime.

I just would have loved to have seen a BALANCED offense tonight.  Not one dominated by one or the other and I honestly think Bo is being handcuffed and it’s showing he is second guessing himself because Gus is second guessing calling pass plays.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If Bo misses those throws in sec play . Saying Au makes a bowl will be a stretch . 

While he missed that TD throw, you can’t put it all on him. Boobee dropped a huge play that hit him in the hands, and Hastings dropped a 1st down throw.

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Bo needs reps but I also would like to see Joey THROW it. Bo needs to get his confidence up. He’s second guessing his throws. All of them have been way off. 

Well if we boat raced them like we should with our talent we’d be up by 30ish already and he’d control the rest of the snaps. Unfortunately our defense can’t be bothered to give a crap and our elementary offense is exacerbating the struggles of a freshman quarterback.

How about using a few more RB's and RB's in the second half...and let Gatewood stay out there for more than 1 play at a time, and let him run the whole offense for a few series?  

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was thinking that while Kam was in. He’s playing well, but we kind of know what we are getting with him. It doesn’t matter though. Once we hit SEC play with this O line, Cadillac and Ronnie B themselves would get shut down.

If we want any success we better be prepping to get Shivers involved, especially in the passing game, or it’s gonna Be a long year 

3 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Adjustment time!

Can you speak into my good ear, I thought you said adjustment from Gus.

Truck that ref. He’s been garbage. But we need to step the hell up and play. D has been inconsistent and the o line is worse than if we found 5 random students and threw them out there. Also Gus play calling makes me want to jump off the top row of jhs.

UCF’s Daniel Gabriel (true freshman and realistically 4th string quarterback going into this season) against Stanford

22-30 347 yards 4 touchdowns

Imagine...

Oline with no push, Bo still a freshman, CKS continues to take 1st qtr off. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Bo has the same problem as JS had. Overthrowing receivers because he’s used to running for his life every play 

I’m not sure the two are related. JS bounced out the pocket too quick and he never stepped up into the pocket. 

Just now, WhoDatWarEagle said:

At a birthday party lmao

At least you'll get to see the candles blown out. Not sure we'll see a blow out at this point. 

Just now, Zeek said:

UCF’s Daniel Gabriel (true freshman and realistically 4th string quarterback going into this season) against Stanford

Imagine...

You honestly think Gus would allow any QB to get in a rhythm like that and go against his beloved up the gut plays?   Come on now...

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well this scares me.....Gatewood must really be horrible at throwing the ball

I think that with two young QBs, we should have gone live in practice and scrimmages. Bo looked good in high school, and at A Day, but he really hasn’t looked on target most of this season. I don’t think Gus is very good at predicting anything about recruits or players. He needs to see them live. If it’s me, I give each QB an entire quarter and the full playbook in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If we want any success we better be prepping to get Shivers involved, especially in the passing game, or it’s gonna Be a long year 

Why?  He comes in and runs a great plat only to be taken out next down. Twice at least. 

Boneheaded play calling, no slants, no momentum, no real hurry up, pulling players when momentum could be achieved. It's officially a cluster#### on the offensive side of the ball (dropping to damn many passes). Defense is having some issues which I expect to be corrected during halftime. We won't survive SEC play with things the way they are at present.

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

I’m not sure the two are related. JS bounced out the pocket too quick and he never stepped up into the pocket. 

It’s the offense, it’s a terrible scheme.  And I’m beginning to think no matter who is the QB it’s not going to matter until we change the scheme.  

Got the commitment from the DB tonight, so y’all whine about that and find ways to make it negative! GO

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Imagine...

We need that staff at Auburn. I just want Bo to succeed and this offense is going to do nothing but lower his stock.

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

You honestly think Gus would allow any QB to get in a rhythm like that and go against his beloved up the gut plays?   Come on now...

I get so confused watching my Knights play. Had no clue you could throw so many different routes! Thought for sure it must be illegal.

Also, his 4 touchdown passes were to 4 different receivers.

IMAGINE 

Archived