Kent St - Game Thread

ValleyTiger

I wanna see Joey run the offense,  if for nothing else but to give me a view of his passing. We gotta get something figured out before this gauntlet gets here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jw 4 au said:

Why?  He comes in and runs a great plat only to be taken out next down. Twice at least. 

This is my point and that is what is sad, he succeeds, is taken out and then we don’t hear from him until the next week

1 minute ago, nutspanther said:

Everyone who's been complaining about running Boobee into the ground.

https://i.imgur.com/7J2DpXA.jpg

We are pretty close to other teams that run stables of backs.  

Ah but those teams have a better OL I bet :)

Bo must be more accurate. Boobee has to pick up blitz better and catch the ball hastings has to catch the ball. In a very small sample I like Wilson. 

Just now, doverstutts said:

yep, it really is.....i just hope that we can steal one somewhere to get 8 wins...thats about the max

I don’t think Gus keeps his job going 8-4 with losses to Bama and UGA.  LSU is most certainly a loss too right now unless something changes.  

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I’m not sure the two are related. JS bounced out the pocket too quick and he never stepped up into the pocket. 

And yet now Belichick has made him the backup on the NFLs top franchise. That screams that Gus’s system is messed up. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

And yet now Belichick has made him the backup on the NFLs top franchise. That screams that Gus’s system is messed up. 

It definitely is.  Darth Hoodie and Josh McDaniels can coach circles around Gus.  

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

yep, it really is.....i just hope that we can steal one somewhere to get 8 wins...thats about the max

Eh, I just want Gus gone at this point. He’s not showing any real signs of change.

Only being up 11 points against one of the worst teams in the country is alarming like I said.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Nix needs to throw 50 if that’s what it takes to get him in rhythm.

Guys this game is alarming. This is a team considered to be in the bottom 10 of all of D1 football. 

This is not the same Kent State team that you're used to seeing.

Just now, Zeek said:

Eh, I just want Gus gone at this point. He’s not showing any real signs of change.

Only being up 11 points against one of the worst teams in the country is alarming like I said.

Calm down.. We're up by 14. Cruise control time.

4 incompletions 

2 bad drops and 2 bad overthrows.   I don’t care how pessimistic you are, you can’t blame Gus for that.  

Nearly 8 yards per carry is also not bad.  

I think the defense is starting to settle down.  

We get the ball to start the 2nd half.  

This may wind up being a good game.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Of course it is. His offense gets made fun of by football critics. You’d think he’d be embarrassed. I still can’t believe that this guy was once called the “mad professor of offense”😂

Archived