Kent St - Game Thread

ValleyTiger

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Bo is a freshman so gets a pass but he does need to set his feet on throws and learn to step up into the pocket to be a great QB. He rarely sets his feet

He probably thinks he’s about to be hit so hard he couldn’t get up after the throw and it is throwing him off and I don’t blame him.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I think that with two young QBs, we should have gone live in practice and scrimmages. Bo looked good in high school, and at A Day, but he really hasn’t looked on target most of this season. I don’t think Gus is very good at predicting anything about recruits or players. He needs to see them live. If it’s me, I give each QB an entire quarter and the full playbook in the second half.

You know what man? A smart dude tried to explain this to people as well.....you'd be surprised to how many people don't think practicing football is needed for football

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Ah but those teams have a better OL I bet :)

205 yards on the ground in the first half is a solid performance regardless of the team. The things that concern me so far has been on defense and RB blocking. Bo will figure out he needs to set his feet. He does that and we don't drop passes and you are likely looking at 150-150 pass-rush yards this half. This is how Gus calls plays. His balance is offensive yardage balance not play call balance. I'm 100% not on the Gus bus, but this half of offense is hardly worrying to me. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Of course it is. His offense gets made fun of by football critics. You’d think he’d be embarrassed. I still can’t believe that this guy was once called the “mad professor of offense”😂

I'd look like a genius with Cam Newton, too.

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

This is not the same Kent State team that you're used to seeing.

Uh, they’re awful lol.

Arizona State(who isn’t very good this year) beat them 30-7. So we’ve already given up more points than a trash PAC-12 team.

Then they almost lost to Kennesaw State in OT and they have one of the worst run defense in the country.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic lol but we’ve played better FCS teams.

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Bo is a freshman so gets a pass but he does need to set his feet on throws and learn to step up into the pocket to be a great QB. He rarely sets his feet

One of the things that stoood out at A-day and in high school WAS his technique and ability to set his feet. I know it’s just nerves but hopefully he can get over them quickly 

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

This is not the same Kent State team that you're used to seeing.

So true that OT win against Kennesaw St last week. WOW what a team.

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

The sideline reporter said he wasn't favoring any body part, just looked tired?

That was a really weird comment. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Of course it is. His offense gets made fun of by football critics. You’d think he’d be embarrassed. I still can’t believe that this guy was once called the “mad professor of offense”😂

He's not producing any "Bor-gasms".

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I watch other teams with much less talent and just wonder how they make it look so easy. 

Coaching.  Gus has zero clue how to develop players.  Say what you want about Tubs but he could develop players.  

Just now, Zeek said:

Uh, they’re awful lol.

Arizona State(who isn’t very good this year) beat them 30-7. So we’ve already given up more points than a trash PAC-12 team.

Then they almost lost to Kennesaw State in OT and they have one of the worst run defense in the country.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic lol but we’ve played better FCS teams.

Of course I was. 😀 It was a play on what the commentators were saying last week about Tulane.

1 minute ago, wde1968 said:

So true that OT win against Kennesaw St last week. WOW what a team.

Yea it’s not like this is a Kent state team with a Julian Edelman or Dri Archer. Lol

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Of course I was. 😀 It was a play on what the commentators were saying last week about Tulane.

Lol I’m just never sure anymore. Gus apologists will go to any length. 

Auburn v Florida is going to be an ugly ugly ugly game on both sides. I’ll be there with my UF fan wife and we’ll both probably go gray.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Lol I’m just never sure anymore. Gus apologists will go to any length. 

As bad as we look today, I won't be surprised if we play aTm tough, or even win next week. I also wouldn't be surprised if we get blown out. 

Tony Franklin Offense vs Gus Offense who wins? 

PS forgot Ensminger taught with TFrank

Boobee, please stop with the stutter step. 

Archived