Kent St - Game Thread

ValleyTiger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I like these announcers. I vote we play the 6 pm ESPN 2 game every game this season. 

Much better than the norm. I think a lot of it is that they arent full of themselves like most. They just call the game.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who said anything about cam.....the fact that jg has broken like 7 tackles in a couple of runs but you have to say otherwise based on nothing but go crazy if anybody says anything about Bo is proof right there.....just because he played QB when Bo did doesn't mean you can't support him lol. Bo can still be the second coming of Christ to you

When has Gatewood broken 7 tackles today?  I have seen him on like two series.  He got tackled for no gain and picked up a first down on the other run.  I haven’t seen him any other time unless I missed it.  If you’re referencing last week that was against 2nd and 3rd string backups, he should be breaking tackles against backups.  

Most of the entire fan base thinks Gatewood equals Cam.  

You seem to be clueless on what you’re trying to argue.  Nobody is saying Bo plays mistake free football.  What I’m saying to you is you seem to want put no blame on missed OL / RB pass pro and bad playcalling all of which can impact Bo but from your comments I’m not sure you understand those concepts.  

Our backups are atrocious. This is freaking Kent state and we can’t stop them...

Announcer 1: it was targeting. 

Announcer 2: yeah that sucks. They need to revisit that. 

Announcer 1: (immediately) it’s targeting and he’s out. I promise.

Announcer 2: Having played at this level, that shouldn’t be targeting.

Announcer 1: I WANT THAT MAN EJECTED AND I KNOW I’M RIGHT

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Woody Barrett lowkey.....midkey.....high? key looked like the best QB to play in JHS this season 

except the Crum dude 

No he didn’t

I'm not saying that I dislike Bo, but I dislike having unknown quantities on the team. No one has seen or knows anything about within game time action. Most of our RBs and Gatewood are those. 

We don't have any good estimation of Gatewood's abilities as a passer and right now, despite the fact that Bo is good, there are things like scheme fitment and connection w/ WRs and we haven't seen any evaluation of that with Gus' packages. And then when you look at the RBs that we have, there are so many different flavors of runners in our backfield that provide versatility to spice up our bland offense. Not seeing those and feeling like we're only running at 3/4ths efficiency is maddening.

Dude.. you call him out A LOT  come on.. and he deserves criticism but he also deserves praise as well. I am not busting your balls just curious as to why you don’t like him or at least your post seem that way. 

‘Sorry @cole256 I meant to quote you but obviously didn’t. 

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

When has Gatewood broken 7 tackles today?  I have seen on like two series.  He got tackled for no gain and picked up a first down on the other run.  I haven’t seen him any other time unless I missed it.  

Most of the entire fan base thinks Gatewood equals Cam.  

You seem to be clueless on what you’re trying to argue.  Nobody is saying Bo plays mistake free football.  What I’m saying to you is you seem to want put no blame on missed OL / RB pass pro and bad playcalling all of which can impact Bo but from your comments I’m not sure you understand those concepts.  

I don't put blame on the o line.....you guys will just say anything

2 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Just a thought. If Monday keeps his head up, he hits the receiver square in the head. Wtf is he supposed to do when a smaller player is crouching? Arm tackle?

And if the WR tucks his head with helmet to helmet contact, and plows over the DB, it isnt even a penalty. Thats the part thats funny about the rule to me. The offense can initiate helmet to helmet contact all they want.

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I'm not saying that I dislike Bo, but I dislike having unknown quantities on the team. No one has seen or knows anything about within game time action. Most of our RBs and Gatewood are those. 

We don't have any good estimation of Gatewood's abilities as a passer and right now, despite the fact that Bo is good, there are things like scheme fitment and connection w/ WRs and we haven't seen any evaluation of that with Gus' packages. And then when you look at the RBs that we have, there are so many different flavors of runners in our backfield that provide versatility to spice up our bland offense. Not seeing those and feeling like we're only running at 3/4ths efficiency is maddening.

So as far as jg running would you come to the conclusion he's easy to bring down?

Just now, AuMarine said:

Dude.. you call him out A LOT  come on.. and he deserves criticism but he also deserves praise as well. I am not busting your balls just curious as to why you don’t like him or at least your post seem that way. 

When you think about what has been asked of Bo I’m very pleased with how he’s handled himself so far. 

Very glad to see Worm getting to play. Now if we could see Joey throw.  

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Defense is annoying me 

yep...bunch of younger players....get lots of enthusiasm...but not so much technique

Archived