Kent St - Game Thread

ValleyTiger

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Who do you think has looked better?

Nix’s day looked better than Barrett’s. And Nix was just okay today. It’s cool to see Woody throw a TD. But it’s obvious now why he was benched for Crum 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Bo Nix, I’ll even call myself a biased fanboy, but come on Gatewood can’t be much less accurate than Bo has been at times. 

Just now, cole256 said:

You're confused so I'll now out....ok. Nobody on this ENTIRE board has EVER said the o line play has been stellar but that's your argument....ok

No your argument has been to put all the blame on Bo.  You’re the one confused.  I told you that the OL and playcalling has ruined any rhythm Bo could get into and you’ve tried to argue that and you still are.  Just stop.  You’ve been called out by other people and you’re still going on.  

Just now, toddc said:

Not sure why we would pass when we need to run clock and no other injuries.

Have you ever heard of giving a QB actual game experience, so that he might have some experience throwing it if needed? Meaning no disrespect of course.

4 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Are we ever gonna see Joey throw it? Wtf

UP 32 with 8 to go. Probably not.

Just now, Zeek said:

I love Bo Nix, I’ll even call myself a biased fanboy, but come on Gatewood can’t be much less accurate than Bo has been at times. 

With this head coach we'll never know how the backup QB can run an offense until the starter gets hurt.

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Nix’s day looked better than Barrett’s. And Nix was just okay today. It’s cool to see Woody throw a TD. But it’s obvious now why he was benched for Crum 

Bo was unable to hit several open receivers, and that was against one of the worst defenses in the entire nation. Auburn's backups are better than them. Woody had one drive where he looked bad and another where he looked great. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If I'm Joey there is no way in hell I'd stay here. They are setting him up for failure

Or any other player on the offense that isn't a starter.

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Not sure why we would pass when we need to run clock and no other injuries.

We do need to run some clock but we need to develop our depth even more. Also not sure how slamming Worm and Gatewood into the middle of the DL every play will prevent injuries. 

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

No your argument has been to put all the blame on Bo.  You’re the one confused.  I told you that the OL and playcalling has ruined any rhythm Bo could get into and you’ve tried to argue that and you still are.  Just stop.  You’ve been called out by other people and you’re still going on.  

What blame? That's what I don't like about you fan boys man....the most I have EVER said about Bo is he can't turn the ball over....fan boy reaction. Why do you hate Bo so much

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well they recruited him to play QB so truly they don’t trust themselves then. 

I imagine it has a lot to do with the score. Not gonna be throwing anymore. Heck, weve run for 400 tonight, barely thrown at all even with JG out.

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Listen a lot is on the line and a lot is on Bo also. He is young and he makes mistakes. Again as both Gus and Bo have said some of it falls back on Bo checking out of plays or checking the setup. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

At least he couldn't keep shivers down....we try but his talent is too bright. His light is too bright to dim

Love me some Worm/V8

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What blame? That's what I don't like about you fan boys man....the most I have EVER said about Bo is he can't turn the ball over....fan boy reaction. Why do you hate Bo so much

You make zero sense.  Good day.  

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So as far as jg running would you come to the conclusion he's easy to bring down?

I'm not going to say easy... 

But angles play into it. He doesn't have a lot of wiggle for getting lateral so if he is tackled while he attempts to its an easy play. Getting North and South is another story. Easy yards just on the fall forward alone. 

And if he picks up steam its like a power back.

Archived