Kent St - Game Thread

ValleyTiger

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So this is my attacking Bo......notice you pulled this out of a convo where I'm pointing out somebody really doing what you are lying about. But you don't feel a need to stand up for that right? 

Thanks for provingmy point. And lastly I don't even know if jg can throw the ball ornot while it sounds good you really have an agenda that you're upset I guess that Bo didn't come out and take over the world like you thought. 

Do you even bother to read your posts?  You do make ZERO sense.  Just enough already.  You’ve made it clear how much you dislike Bo.  And when the offense makes a mistake it’s all on him and not on anyone else.  You’ve made your point.  Can you not be satisfied you made your point? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No DJ. No McLain.  A few Worm runs, which was good.  A few Joiners. 

Nobody has a concern whether or not Gatewood can run the ball or hand it off.  He's got that.  The dude needs game experience in the passing game. No better time than when you are playing the Tulanes and Kent States prior to getting into the SEC gauntlet. 

Doesn't seem to matter to Gus though.

3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

ok dude.. you just can't.. those are underhanded criticisms placed in your comments... they are.. own it.. it would be much better if you did. but whatever man you can't take anyone saying anything to you that doesn't agree 100% with what you are saying. Crazy man. 

And we don't know each other. I certainly don't quote you, there's no need for name calling just ignore me or whatever. I won't beinsulted for no reason though.....you could've just PM'd me if you really had any issues

2 minutes ago, lala said:

He can’t and the confusing thing to me is some of the older guys will come to his defense 

Everyone can see it but him.. he says he has never criticised Nix yet he takes shots at him every chance he gets.. Are we all Auburn fans.. aren't we all pulling for whoever is in at QB to succeed?? I would like to think yes but I swear some people want Nix to fail miserably. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You're funny because you don't know what you're talking about so now it's stupid. Me making a point showing how one qb did something obvious and excuses was made where another QB didn't do anything at all and he was not only critiqued but judged to be a certain player....which once again of course you have no problem with that so that says alot about you

ok Cole.. whatever you say.. 

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Do you even bother to read your posts?  You do make ZERO sense.  Just enough already.  You’ve made it clear how much you dislike Bo.  And when the offense makes a mistake it’s all on him and not on anyone else.  You’ve made your point.  Can you not be satisfied you made your point? 

Do I read my post, I do make zero sense.....ok. When you find this post of me placing whatever blame you are talking about and show how I negative abuse the guy just quote it and I'll address whatever accusations you made up

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

We love you too. Lol. 

Like I said you got super JG fans and super Bo Nix fans. It is clear as day who they are. 

I’m just a super fan of Auburn winning, no matter who the QB is

I see a trend of people who haven’t been here that long misrepresenting those that have been here a while. Being here a while you learn who’s cool even when they don’t agree with you. There’s a lot of people here that don’t agree with me on things but I still respect them. There are some that are always short and rude with me but I still respect them.

Really “family” fits better than “friends” for this site. I love all of you but I don’t like all of you lol.

I wish I still had my account I started in like 2011/12 ish but I have no idea what my username even was at this point lol.

I digress, War Eagle, still think TAMU claps our cheeks like an inappropriate drunk old man at Hooters. 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

ok Cole.. whatever you say.. 

Yeah I know...lol you talk like we talk to each other. That's funny

Just now, Zeek said:

I see a trend of people who haven’t been here that long misrepresenting those that have been here a while. Being here a while you learn who’s cool even when they don’t agree with you. There’s a lot of people here that don’t agree with me on things but I still respect them. There are some that are always short and rude with me but I still respect them.

Really “family” fits better than “friends” for this site. I love all of you but I don’t like all of you lol.

I wish I still had my account I started in like 2011/12 ish but I have no idea what my username even was at this point lol.

I digress, War Eagle, still think TAMU claps our cheeks like an inappropriate drunk old man at Hooters. 

I don't know half the people that's been coming at me lately😂

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So this is my attacking Bo......notice you pulled this out of a convo where I'm pointing out somebody really doing what you are lying about. But you don't feel a need to stand up for that right? 

Thanks for provingmy point. And lastly I don't even know if jg can throw the ball ornot while it sounds good you really have an agenda that you're upset I guess that Bo didn't come out and take over the world like you thought. 

Do you always have to have the last word? 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And we don't know each other. I certainly don't quote you, there's no need for name calling just ignore me or whatever. I won't beinsulted for no reason though.....you could've just PM'd me if you really had any issues

WOW

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Everyone can see it but him.. he says he has never criticised Nix yet he takes shots at him every chance he gets.. Are we all Auburn fans.. aren't we all pulling for whoever is in at QB to succeed?? I would like to think yes but I swear some people want Nix to fail miserably. 

That's EXACTLY what a Bo super fan says. I mean I am him....I'm me. I know what i think

image.png

So, I do want people to take a peek at the stats here. Bo had a good day, (That flea flicker drove the stats up on yardage & TDs for Bo.) But looking at the last quarter... Gatewood literally put up a lion's share of points with minimal time and effort expended. And yes I understand it was garbage time, but there is something to be said by the ease of which we began to move the ball from the QB and the RB positions and it showed. 

2 effortless TDs, clock management, and a bit more variability in the looks we got defensively. And I UNDERSTAND THESE ARE GARBAGE TIME STATS, but the points remain:

- We don't have enough genius play calling or scheming, nor the passing concepts to solely rely on Bo and our basic run game.
- Having a QB with wheels affects the zones of LBs and can eventually take them out of the passing game when required to spy. Even if the QB is slightly less accurate, it still has an effect when he can hurt you with your legs.
- The OL is helped out tremendously when the threat of the QB leaking out into an open lane exists. Pass Rushers have to maintain lane integrity. Take it from someone who rushed the passer for a large part of his collegiate career, it makes speed rushers very skittish and slows you down. 

Gatewood has a good enough arm and I believe his performance warrants him a start in at least a cupcake or less competitive game for extended study. 

I want Bo to succeed. I want Gatewood to succeed. I want all the RB's, WR's, LB's, DB's, etc....to succeed.

I also want them all put in the best positions to further their development and be ready when their respective time comes. 

I am not seeing that. I am seeing prescribed plays with prescribed outcomes. 

What I see is a team that just might get their butts handed to them next week.  They are not firing on enough cylinders to beat the Aggies. 

I hope I am wrong.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Do you always have to have the last word? 

If I'm quoted why wouldn't I reply? Do you always put on a cape and swoop in things that doesn't concern you?

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

image.png

So, I do want people to take a peek at the stats here. Bo had a good day, (That flea flicker drove the stats up on yardage & TDs for Bo.) But looking at the last quarter... Gatewood literally put up a lion's share of points with minimal time and effort expended. And yes I understand it was garbage time, but there is something to be said by the ease of which we began to move the ball from the QB and the RB positions and it showed. 

2 effortless TDs, clock management, and a bit more variability in the looks we got defensively. And I UNDERSTAND THESE ARE GARBAGE TIME STATS, but the points remain:

- We don't have enough genius play calling or scheming, nor the passing concepts to solely rely on Bo and our basic run game.
- Having a QB with wheels affects the zones of LBs and can eventually take them out of the passing game when required to spy. Even if the QB is slightly less accurate, it still has an effect when he can hurt you with your legs.
- The OL is helped out tremendously when the threat of the QB leaking out into an open lane exists. Pass Rushers have to maintain lane integrity. Take it from someone who rushed the passer for a large part of his collegiate career, it makes speed rushers very skittish and slows you down. 

Gatewood has a good enough arm and I believe his performance warrants him a start in at least a cupcake or less competitive game for extended study. 

Good luck. I like your analysis, but you're a brave one to post this!

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Yes. Otherwise, all you have is a glorified Wildcat situation if he isn't asked to run more of the offense during games.  What is the harm?

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If I'm quoted why wouldn't I reply? Do you always put on a cape and swoop in things that doesn't concern you?

My goodness man, I have been here as long as you, but give it a rest.

Matthew Hill needs to transfer tonight. I feel bad for the young man. It worries me Worm probably will only see this workload against teams like Kent State; I want him to have a better college career than someone like KMart who has only ever gotten pity reps.

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Think about this though. They put this guy in literally to run while most get protected. You don't let him get ANY reps or experience throwing the ball when this is the only thing he lacks, see how he just got twisted up???

If Bo was to get hurt he'd have to run out against LSU and Alabama and Georgia and then everybody will be all over him saying he can't throw....no win situation

Oh I’m not saying he shouldn’t be running the whole offense, not even close. He absolutely should. I was just responding to your remark about transferring. With them both being a Redshirt and True Freshman respectively, many times it’s a given the one who doesn’t come out on top leaves. It’s awesome to sign big time QBs in back to back classes but only one is gonna work out. 

Archived