get ready for some .667 football

Swamp Eagle

41 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Why don't you get off the sports forum devoted entirely to Auburn fans? Who the hell wants to listen to you debbie downers at 3-0? You guys are just the worst. I have grilled Gus as much as anyone, but I can't imagine how miserable somebody has to be to go out of their way to shout "NOBODY CELEBRATE. WE SUCK. HOW DARE YOU GUYS ENJOY A 55-16 WIN." Seriously, do you get enjoyment out of watching AU win or lose?

You would make a MARQUEE bammer. Cut from the same cloth.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Because that's the general consensus among the pumpers.  If we go against the decisions of the coaches,  we're obviously not "true" fans.

Which is crazy to me... I want CGM to succeed so bad.. I am pulling for him to do well.. because that means Auburn does well... but damnit.. he continues down the same path and has not shown that he is willing to change in order to be successful.  I will be the first one to step up and eat a healthy plate of crow if we pull out 9 plus wins this year. I can’t see it.  We can all agree or disagree on the direction of the program but calling out the same ole deficiencies doesn’t make me not a true fan.. I see it as the exact opposite.. 

It’s not whether  anyone is a fan or not or sunshine pumper or hater.   Just enjoy the win.   Next week will come and go and the season will slowly but surely come to an end.   The record will be whatever kind of team AU turns out to be, and the ones in control will make a decision based on record.   

And last time I checked, there is only two coaches in the entire country to beat Bama in the last couple of years and only two coaches that have beaten GA.   It looks like both of those teams will be undefeated when they come to AU.   

42 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Because that's the general consensus among the pumpers.  If we go against the decisions of the coaches,  we're obviously not "true" fans.

I have always been in the camp that views it as extreme.  I think it all comes in the context in if what they say comes off as aggressive.  For instance, you are saying everything in the right context and it doesn’t come off that way.  And you have to remember, for the last year or so the sunshine pumpers have been under a lot of fire as well.

Personally a good example is AU64.  It could be safe to say some posters are head hunting him.  He does say the things you are saying, but never to anyone specific.  Always to a mass so no one is singled out.  Then you have posters responding to him, singling him out.  There is one poster in particular who responds to every single post of his to belittle him.  It just doesn’t seem right in my eyes.  We are all on the Auburn team.  It just all boils down to respect I think. 

13 hours ago, logan adams said:

Auburn is 3-0. Only game to worry about right now is the Aggies. Get to 4-0 before starting to worry about our final season record. 

Most important game of any season is...The Next One.

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

I don't know why you're stooping so low, but it looks as if I'm more familiar with it than you. 

I get you, jAUSon. I think it has a heap to do with EXPECTATIONS.  If we take care of business on the road in TX against SEC TAMU when it might easily (hopefully?) be a toss-up, we will be united in glee, no matter the differential.  The gist of the issue is watching the first three, two expected to be less-than-challenging...be more challenging not because they were fantastic ("yet not the Kent State, Tulane, and Oregon we are used to") but because we weren't.  Absolutely, AU moments of bliss.  Absolutely some shining moments from some super-talented and hard-working players.  Definite improvement last night, at least for me in the obvious use of more personnel than games #1 and #2.  But people with an eye on the harder games down the road, especially SEC, naturally extrapolate that our issues, if not worked out...or worse, are not PERCEIVED to need it or know how to do it...will lead to what NONE of us want to see.  

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Well, Tigerbelle, tell us what the "makeup" should be as you see it...I already know, I just want to see you post it.

If you know then why ask?  This is just really dumb.

Y'all carry on until the biggest ego either wins or gets deflated.

3 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’ll say again...what the heck does it matter to anyone what someone else says on a message board? This aint tea with the queen here folks. Its a football message board. People gripe, they complain, they cheer, they laugh, they sunshine pump...etc. So freaking what if people are negative? Lord knows how boring this place would be if we all came here and agreed all the time and just talked about how great things are. Its ridiculous for people to get on their high horse about fans venting and griping on A MESSAGE BOARD. I don’t mind the sunshine pumping at all. I mind the cheap shots the pumpers take at the realists and the constant moaning about the negativity. The irony is you all despise the complaining and then come on here and complain! Gus has given us every reason to complain. Its what fans do. Its part of sports. Come down from your ivory towers and stop lecturing everyone on how they should act on. MESSAGE BOARD. You keep pumping your sunshine and we’ll keep bitching and at the end of the year one group will be proven right and then they can gloat and have a merry old time. But for the love of goodness stop lecturing everyone and virtue signaling about how great a fan you are because you stick your head in the ground like an ostrich and pretend Gus is Vince Lombardi! 

Oh my goodness gracious me. Tigabelle gave me a thumbs down on my little ol post. I do declare whateva shall I do? 

Look at all these debbie doubters. I had Auburn going 13-0, winning the national championship, watching Bo walk away with the Heisman and the Lott impact award (technically, he can't win the award because he's not a defenseman but if anyone can pull it off, Bo can), and giving Gus a new 5 year extension. So far, my prediction is a bullseye.

Arguing like cats and dogs in here. Its

totally okay to be frustrated with some of Gus methods. It’s totally okay to feel we won’t be world beaters in SEC play, but right now we are 3-0. Texas A&M is very beatable. No reason to be at each other’s throats until proven otherwise.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arguing like cats and dogs in here. Its

totally okay to be frustrated with some of Gus methods. It’s totally okay to be feel we won’t beat world beaters in SEC play, but right now we are 3-0. Texas A&M is very beatable. No reason to be at each other’s throats until to proven otherwise.

I actually believe we will beat the Aggies.

3 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Maybe it is you that should get off the forums if you can't handle objective adult conversations. Good lord man, if you want to just be a cheerleader maybe there's another outlet for you. Try Facebook,  but I assure you you won't find orange and blue cotton candy and rainbows there or any other social media outlets either. You guys are laughable questioning the parameters of being a fan. GTFOH 

If ".500 football from here on out, just don't see it getting any better" qualifies as an objective adult conversation starter then social media really has turned people's brains to mush. 

Nobody is questioning the parameters of fanhood. People are calling y'all out for bitching at 3-0. These threads are just for people who get 🍆 over calling a collapse before it happens. As if that makes them some sort of Vegas Insider or football guru.

Don't flatter yourself, these are never discussions. Their sole purpose is to poo-poo the rest of the fans on the board for enjoying the early season success. Let's let losses happen before we talk about losses. 

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You would make a MARQUEE bammer. Cut from the same cloth.

Actually nothing is more bammer than being entitled and unsatisfied with wins. Talk to a Bammer tomorrow. They'll be primarily complaining about giving up points to USC.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Actually nothing is more bammer than being entitled and unsatisfied with wins. Talk to a Bammer tomorrow. They'll be primarily complaining about giving up points to USC.

I think you AUght to not let message board banter affect your enjoyment of wins. Maybe you AUght to just put us all on ignore and only read posts that agree with your head in the sand Gus worship. Or maybe you AUght to just chilllllllllll man. It’ll be ok. You’ll enjoy the Belk Bowl. Charlotte is nice in December.

This is the last I hope to say and leave it at that.  I think threads like these set us up for arguments like this.  The purpose of the OP was to give a very polarizing viewpoint, which can lead to disagreements.  Just like a political viewpoint, not saying the viewpoint is wrong, but polarizing.  I think @Swamp Eagle can at least agree with me on that point.  I probably do the same thing on the opposite side.  I know you were upset at this exact time last year when you threads started getting deleted entirely over similar posts.  

13 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Why don't you get off the sports forum devoted entirely to Auburn fans? Who the hell wants to listen to you debbie downers at 3-0? You guys are just the worst. I have grilled Gus as much as anyone, but I can't imagine how miserable somebody has to be to go out of their way to shout "NOBODY CELEBRATE. WE SUCK. HOW DARE YOU GUYS ENJOY A 55-16 WIN." Seriously, do you get enjoyment out of watching AU win or lose?

come on man, you're talking out of your butt now....WE ALL WANT AU TO WIN !!!!....but some of us recognize the reality of the present situation.....a Gus fan and an AU fan are not necessarily the same thing

Man there are some Debbie downers on this site.......how many of ya'll are related to Shadow?

Freakin enjoy the game 

there are so many stats i could post about Gus as the head coach at Auburn but ya'll's negative asses wouldn't believe them......I would get a response like .......where's the post or it's not true....... He's had Auburn in the Top 10 every freakin year he has been here.......He won a National Champ as OC and took Auburn to the Natty his first year head Coach......what other Auburn Coach has done that.....I'll wait........crickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, JJB74 said:

Man there are some Debbie downers on this site.......how many of ya'll are related to Shadow?

Freakin enjoy the game 

there are so many stats i could post about Gus as the head coach at Auburn but ya'll's negative asses wouldn't believe them......I would get a response like .......where's the post or it's not true....... He's had Auburn in the Top 10 every freakin year he has been here.......He won a National Champ as OC and took Auburn to the Natty his first year head Coach......what other Auburn Coach has done that.....I'll wait........crickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't consider myself a "downer" (although like most everyone else I was down on Gus last season) but what exactly does 2010 and 2013 have to do with where we are now and the issues Gus faces? No, I am not going to recite the issues everyone knows what they are by now.

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

If ".500 football from here on out, just don't see it getting any better" qualifies as an objective adult conversation starter then social media really has turned people's brains to mush. 

Nobody is questioning the parameters of fanhood. People are calling y'all out for bitching at 3-0. These threads are just for people who get 🍆 over calling a collapse before it happens. As if that makes them some sort of Vegas Insider or football guru.

Don't flatter yourself, these are never discussions. Their sole purpose is to poo-poo the rest of the fans on the board for enjoying the early season success. Let's let losses happen before we talk about losses. 

There's only really one person who said anything about .500 football. The rest are discussing other things. I see no harm with talking about things we see that could improve the team. Sometimes 87451 pairs of eyes are better than 1. 

15 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

If you know then why ask?  This is just really dumb.

Y'all carry on until the biggest ego either wins or gets deflated.

That's what I thought. 

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This is the last I hope to say and leave it at that.  I think threads like these set us up for arguments like this.  The purpose of the OP was to give a very polarizing viewpoint, which can lead to disagreements.  Just like a political viewpoint, not saying the viewpoint is wrong, but polarizing.  I think @Swamp Eagle can at least agree with me on that point.  I probably do the same thing on the opposite side.  I know you were upset at this exact time last year when you threads started getting deleted entirely over similar posts.  

Not similar at all. If we are all here to agree, what a boring dialogue. 

Yes, it initiates discussion; thats precisely the point. I would be totally disappointed if no one replied, agreeable or disagreeable. 

It's sort of the point for bothering to have a forum.

Archived