get ready for some .667 football

Swamp Eagle

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I just can't see it being any better.

Why watch if you have this attitude? You may think this is possible, sure, but damn dude we're 3-0. If you aren't happy right now pick a different hobby.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CR said:

GMac, do you listen to Jay Tate's post game show on youtube? Good stuff.

Not yet. Anything in particular I should be looking out for fam?!

11 hours ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

A lot of y’all are really negative ... we’re 3-0 and improving . 

We beat Kent State how we should have and somehow that’s still not enough for a lot of you. Pathetic 

if we had won the first two games by a combined 77 points folks still would have found something to complain about

8 hours ago, doug3020 said:

Agree. I really like Nix, but Gatewood can hide some of the deficiencies of our OL with his running. However, we have no clue as to whether or not he can actually throw.... Thanks be to Gus.

Did he still not throw last night? We were at a wedding so I only got to watch the first half. 

I am as mad at CGM as anyone, his loss to UT last season turned me into a whiny bitch for about a year so far. But after watching TAMU, MSU, & UF... I think we could go 2-1 OR BETTER in those games. MSU just lost to KSU, Florida has looked like the luckiest team in SEC with bare knuckle wins over Miami and UK. Except for first two drives against Clemson, TAMU hasnt really shown that much either.

Offially 2-1 over the next 3.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not yet. Anything in particular I should be looking out for fam?!

Nah, it's just become my new postgame show. Tate offers up some good insight and it's good to hear what some AU fans are thinking immediately after a game. Think you would enjoy it.

28 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Did he still not throw last night? We were at a wedding so I only got to watch the first half. 

He threw one pass which was completed. I believe that his completion percentage is now 100%. I’m pretty sure someone will soon post that he should now be the starter.

I’m afraid our lack of pass rush is going to hurt us. Linebackers have played well. Secondary has done okay but we’re not breaking up enough passes. Crum throwing for 200 on us isn’t a good look even with the 2’s getting some reps.

OL looked better but we need to see them look solid against SEC competition and not just one of the worst teams in the country. RB’s getting time is nice and I hope Gus sees hows putting Kam in after Boobe’s tired helped keep momentum; his history suggests Kam and Worm will only see these kind of carries against teams like this though. Receivers gained virtually nothing from this game considering Stove caught 6 passes and Jay Jay caught 3 while everyone else had 1 at most. For some reason Gus insisted on trying to force it to Stove and Stove only.

Anders Carlson was finally looking like he should and Siposs had one nice punt.

The difference between a good program and a great program is that the great program isn’t satisfied with an “okay” performance. But hey we’re (3-0) so no complaining! Clearly everything is fine.

C290D7E2-0CF8-4C03-B3DD-4A552AE69A6A.gif

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m afraid our lack of pass rush is going to hurt us. Linebackers have played well. Secondary has done okay but we’re not breaking up enough passes. Crum throwing for 200 on us isn’t a good look even with the 2’s getting some reps.

OL looked better but we need to see them look solid against SEC competition and not just one of the worst teams in the country. RB’s getting time is nice and I hope Gus sees hows putting Kam in after Boobe’s tired helped keep momentum; his history suggests Kam and Worm will only see these kind of carries against teams like this though. Receivers gained virtually nothing from this game considering Stove caught 6 passes and Jay Jay caught 3 while everyone else had 1 at most. For some reason Gus insisted on trying to force it to Stove and Stove only.

Anders Carlson was finally looking like he should and Siposs had one nice punt.

The difference between a good program and a great program is that the great program isn’t satisfied with an “okay” performance. But hey we’re (3-0) so no complaining! Clearly everything is fine.

C290D7E2-0CF8-4C03-B3DD-4A552AE69A6A.gif

Nice gif to sum up our situation, lol. You win the gif of the day award 🥇!

Right now it really is looking like a down year in the SEC besides the top 2.   Anything is gonna be possible every week.  I like our chances to win games but I am not talking any sh@t during the week kinda confident.

A lot of frustration with Auburn is strictly aimed at Gus. Lack of OL recruiting and depth. Lack of Qb development especially backup. Play calling and not utilizing talent to potential. It’s the same thing every year and it gets tiresome. But we are where we are and we are heading into a rough schedule. We are going to depend on the defense to keep us in games and give us a chance. 

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

A lot of frustration with Auburn is strictly aimed at Gus. Lack of OL recruiting and depth. Lack of Qb development especially backup. Play calling and not utilizing talent to potential. It’s the same thing every year and it gets tiresome. But we are where we are and we are heading into a rough schedule. We are going to depend on the defense to keep us in games and give us a chance. 

One of your top three complaints about Gus is that he doesn’t develop backup QBs enough? 

12 hours ago, doug3020 said:

With UF's QB getting hurt, 8-4 is in sight. We'll beat UF, OM, Arky and MSU in conference. You can't pay $26 million for 8-4. That's 7 million more than Charlie Weis was paid to leave ND. Afraid we have CGM for another year or two.

UF didnt look so good berore QB got hurt.......LSU got off to slow start at home.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

The Aggies run defense scares me though 

For a team that has really struggled to establish a consistent run game coupled with a simplistic passing game and inconsistent TFr QB it should scare a lot of people. It should be winnable but...

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

For a team that has really struggled to establish a consistent run game coupled with a simplistic passing game and inconsistent TFr QB it should scare a lot of people. It should be winnable but...

Nah Bird we’re 3-0 no problems here!

56AE3868-3087-4E59-8E6B-F9A784A80ABC.gif

51 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

The frustration has been about Gus since '15. The fact is that Auburn wins and loses because of Gus and despite Gus. The players play hard for him and the recruits seem to love him. He's obviously got a relatable quality about him that the fans don't see. Fans see every mistake he makes under a magnifying glass and everything that goes wrong is most likely attributed to him. It's where many of us are as Auburn fans and I hate that it's that way. The offense looked better last night and really all we can expect is that they execute the plays that are called. The play calling isn't going to change but we are 3-0 and that's as good as the record could be at this point.

Just realized your avatar is from Yellowstone. Great show 👍

I think we have a chance to beat A&M if we do we have a chance to have a decent season. Confidence goes a long way in football. If we lose at A&M the season could go downhill fast. I saw good things and bad things from Defense yesterday. We were able to get great pressure with just 4 players. Our LB's did not handle screens well or key an eye on the QB. They were overly aggressive, our DB's got beat a few times by going for the interception and not making it. Tutt got burned on the long pass. Hard to say if O-Line improved or if it was just how bad Kent State D-line was. After 3 games Nix has only been sacked twice partly due to O-line and partly due to his feet and awareness.

You may be right about us be 50% or worse the rest of the way but until I see us against A&M I am in neither the we suck camp or we are really good camp. A&M has a legit defense so we can see if O has improved and has some weapons on O so we can see how D plays against a tough opponent.

Kills me every year people complain no matter what the outcome is. We are 3-0 and have played as I have expected so far this season. Sure there are areas to improve and they should as the season continues. There isn’t anything I’ve seen so far from TAMU and Florida so far that tells me they are the better team. LSU looks the most impressive just bc the win on the road and neither UGA or Bama has played anyone so what do we really know?

Archived