get ready for some .667 football

Swamp Eagle

49 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Oh you are very mistaken.  History will repeat itself because there are posters on here who just love to spread constant misery. It happens on every sports forum.......take a look at the "experts" in the 2018-19 early season basketball and baseball forums predicting outcomes of doom and gloom. See how that turned out?

Auburn is 3-0 and how that's a bad thing escapes me. In 2010 it took a FG to beat KY because the QB1 was still adjusting to SEC play, and the coaches were still discovering just what they had in him. Nobody believed in the future, or  had any foresight about what came later. Everybody was just mad about the KY game and called it an embarrassment. 

I'm not sure what will happen in 2019, but I'm not tossing in the towel already.  I do think the team is starting to gel a little bit more, and the season will be respectable. What happens after the season is over is not the point right now, and it's just borrowing trouble. These kids did not come to Auburn to lose, and for their sake I hope Gus is wildly successful in 2019. They believe in their coaches, so during the season I will back that up.

Nothing hopeful, positive or fun allowed here anymore by the Gus-hating bullies.....I feel the herd breathing down my neck and accusing me of  being the dumb sunshine pumper riding on the Gus Bus. 

I just love Auburn, and I refuse to denigrate the coaches and players constantly, especially when the season is in full swing. My family and  I had fun watching the game last night. If some of you were so determined to be unhappy and didn't enjoy it because it was imperfect.... then that's on you. 

I hear you loud and clear. We're in the ".500" thread, the embodiment of doon and gloom. But I'm gonna double down here: you're speaking in generalities. People will gripe next week win or lose, for their respective reasons. But if we win, on the road against aTm, not one person will argue we didn't win "by enough points". It just won't happen.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I hear you loud and clear. We're in the ".500" thread, the embodiment of doon and gloom. But I'm gonna double down here: you're speaking in generalities. People will gripe next week win or lose, for their respective reasons. But if we win, on the road against aTm, not one person will argue we didn't win "by enough points". It just won't happen.

There will be all kinds of complaints about every single aspect of the game win or lose. You are obviously unfamiliar with the make-up of the forum right now. 

I’ll say again...what the heck does it matter to anyone what someone else says on a message board? This aint tea with the queen here folks. Its a football message board. People gripe, they complain, they cheer, they laugh, they sunshine pump...etc. So freaking what if people are negative? Lord knows how boring this place would be if we all came here and agreed all the time and just talked about how great things are. Its ridiculous for people to get on their high horse about fans venting and griping on A MESSAGE BOARD. I don’t mind the sunshine pumping at all. I mind the cheap shots the pumpers take at the realists and the constant moaning about the negativity. The irony is you all despise the complaining and then come on here and complain! Gus has given us every reason to complain. Its what fans do. Its part of sports. Come down from your ivory towers and stop lecturing everyone on how they should act on. MESSAGE BOARD. You keep pumping your sunshine and we’ll keep bitching and at the end of the year one group will be proven right and then they can gloat and have a merry old time. But for the love of goodness stop lecturing everyone and virtue signaling about how great a fan you are because you stick your head in the ground like an ostrich and pretend Gus is Vince Lombardi! 

44 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Hot take there, Jethro. I am comforted by the fact that a guy who doesn't know how to spell common words like "millennials" probably doesn't know much about football, either.

You should be more of a realist and less of a fan, sonnyboy, it clouds your judgement. I used to be like that when I was little, too.

25 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

There will be all kinds of complaints about every single aspect of the game win or lose. You are obviously unfamiliar with the make-up of the forum right now. 

Well, Tigerbelle, tell us what the "makeup" should be as you see it...I already know, I just want to see you post it.

7 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’ll say again...what the heck does it matter to anyone what someone else says on a message board? This aint tea with the queen here folks. Its a football message board. People gripe, they complain, they cheer, they laugh, they sunshine pump...etc. So freaking what if people are negative? Lord knows how boring this place would be if we all came here and agreed all the time and just talked about how great things are. Its ridiculous for people to get on their high horse about fans venting and griping on A MESSAGE BOARD. I don’t mind the sunshine pumping at all. I mind the cheap shots the pumpers take at the realists and the constant moaning about the negativity. The irony is you all despise the complaining and then come on here and complain! Gus has given us every reason to complain. Its what fans do. Its part of sports. Come down from your ivory towers and stop lecturing everyone on how they should act on. MESSAGE BOARD. You keep pumping your sunshine and we’ll keep bitching and at the end of the year one group will be proven right and then they can gloat and have a merry old time. But for the love of goodness stop lecturing everyone and virtue signaling about how great a fan you are because you stick your head in the ground like an ostrich and pretend Gus is Vince Lombardi! 

Someone should really start an "Auburn Utopian Message Board."  They'd set a sign-up record just from this forum alone.

Steal-adapting @augolf1716's gif...

download (1).jpeg

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You should be more of a realist and less of a fan, sonnyboy, it clouds your judgement. I used to be like that when I was little, too.

"Realists" are just pretentious people who think they have some sort of clairvoyance. What did the realists say about us in the 2013 preseason? Nobody knows anything. College football is the most unpredictable sport on earth. Just clam up and watch the games. 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

See the problem is...they know we’re right. They know Gus is not the super coach they claim him to be. Deep down they know how this 3-0 start is likely to end but they cannot admit it. Some can’t admit it because they feel it makes them a bad fan or a bad Auburn person. Some can’t admit it because it ruins their outlook and their fun for football season. Some can’t admit it because they would never give us the satisfaction....but they all know...they all know whats likely coming...They’re scared. They’re scared of LSU, they’re scared of UGA and they’re scared of bama...so instead of wanting to stand up and challenge those teams, they’d rather just support the “nice guy” coach who represents Auburn well and pretend they don’t care about winning...

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

"Realists" are just pretentious people who think they have some sort of clairvoyance. What did the realists say about us in the 2013 preseason? Nobody knows anything. College football is the most unpredictable sport on earth. Just clam up and watch the games. 

And what exactly has happened since that magical 2013 season...4 + losses every single year...I’d say thats fairly predictable, clairvoyance or not, And trust me, every defensive coordinator we play knows Gus is predictable and I doubt they’re clairvoyant either. Now, why don’t you just clam up and put us all on ignore if you don’t like it...

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Someone should really start an "Auburn Utopian Message Board."  They'd set a sign-up record just from this forum alone.

I also appreciate the irony of a guy with an “aught2win” as his name feeling satisfied with 8-5 seasons! lol

7 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

And what exactly has happened since that magical 2013 season...4 + losses every single year...I’d say thats fairly predictable, clairvoyance or not, And trust me, every defensive coordinator we play knows Gus is predictable and I doubt they’re clairvoyant either. Now, why don’t you just clam up and put us all on ignore if you don’t like it...

Why don't you get off the sports forum devoted entirely to Auburn fans? Who the hell wants to listen to you debbie downers at 3-0? You guys are just the worst. I have grilled Gus as much as anyone, but I can't imagine how miserable somebody has to be to go out of their way to shout "NOBODY CELEBRATE. WE SUCK. HOW DARE YOU GUYS ENJOY A 55-16 WIN." Seriously, do you get enjoyment out of watching AU win or lose?

Just now, AUght2win said:

Why don't you get off the sports forum devoted entirely to Auburn fans? Who the hell wants to listen to you debbie downers at 3-0? You guys are just the worst. I have grilled Gus as much as anyway, but I can't imagine how miserable somebody has to be to go out of their way to shout "NOBODY CELEBRATE. WE SUCK. HOW DARE YOU GUYS ENJOY A 55-16 WIN." Seriously, do you get enjoyment out of watching AU win or lose?

You so funny...hahahahahaha

21 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I have no dog in this fight.  I was just hoping you could clarify your statement that we should be less of an Auburn fan on this site?  Isn’t that the point?

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Why don't you get off the sports forum devoted entirely to Auburn fans? Who the hell wants to listen to you debbie downers at 3-0? You guys are just the worst. I have grilled Gus as much as anyone, but I can't imagine how miserable somebody has to be to go out of their way to shout "NOBODY CELEBRATE. WE SUCK. HOW DARE YOU GUYS ENJOY A 55-16 WIN." Seriously, do you get enjoyment out of watching AU win or lose?

Maybe it is you that should get off the forums if you can't handle objective adult conversations. Good lord man, if you want to just be a cheerleader maybe there's another outlet for you. Try Facebook,  but I assure you you won't find orange and blue cotton candy and rainbows there or any other social media outlets either. You guys are laughable questioning the parameters of being a fan. GTFOH 

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have no dog in this fight.  I was just hoping you could clarify your statement that we should be less of an Auburn fan on this site?  Isn’t that the point?

not  directed at you necessarily abw but apparently the point on here is to only say nice things and affirm everyone’s beliefs

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I'll clarify. Some folks are so blinded by their love of the Auburn University that they attended in their impressionable years that they can't objectively hold a conversation without reverting to their sole allegiance to said University. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Hot take there, Jethro. I am comforted by the fact that a guy who doesn't know how to spell common words like "millennials" probably doesn't know much about football, either.

Image result for you take yourself seriously? gif

Ha?  Jethro.....

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

not  directed at you necessarily abw but apparently the point on here is to only say nice things and affirm everyone’s beliefs

No offense taken.  

2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I'll clarify. Some folks are so blinded by their love of the Auburn University that they attended in their impressionable years that they can't objectively hold a conversation without reverting to their sole allegiance to said University. 

But why would/should anyone be less

of a fan?  Just didn’t make any sense 

Just now, abw0004 said:

No offense taken.  

But why would/should anyone be less

of a fan?  Just didn’t make any sense 

Because that's the general consensus among the pumpers.  If we go against the decisions of the coaches,  we're obviously not "true" fans.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't know why you're stooping so low, but it looks as if I'm more familiar with it than you. 

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

'Fan' in the sense of 'blind homerism.' We're all fans of the Auburn program...even the realists. The difference is that I'm not so insecure in my fandom that I refuse to be critical or non-superficial about Auburn.

4 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Nobody will cry with a win over atm on the road because of an underwhelming score. More made up garbage.

I wouldn’t expect people to cry over a 40 point win either, but people are doing it.

Archived