get ready for some .667 football

Swamp Eagle

Post like this one is why I left this site for a couple years.......I come here for information that you don't get from news outlets......then I get caught up in these types of post and see all the negative comments about our football team (Coaches). 99% of us (fans) have no clue what all these players and coaches go through to get out on that field on Saturdays in the fall. We are 3-0 .......these are happy times.......Freakin enjoy it......

The funny thing is......you guys don't know the mood around the football team right now......I have family members that are Auburn University employees and they say that there is something in the air, its just different right now....guys are happy....guys are hungry....they just feel something......i'm sure that has to do with the 3-0 start but it also has to do with the University as a whole.....I mean look Basketball and baseball had a hell of a year.....Just enjoy the ride....stop being so negative and enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m not sure what any of that means but I took you off ignore. 😁

That’s called being mature! 

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

best band i have heard in years. check out bitch, rolling stone, die rocking,bury my bones, and gasoline.

Just listened to Bitch and Bury my Bones...Gasoline on now...I’m sold! Great stuff! You listen to Marcus King Band or Tedeschi Trucks Band? 

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Just listened to Bitch and Bury my Bones...Gasoline on now...I’m sold! Great stuff! You listen to Marcus King Band or Tedeschi Trucks Band? 

some...........well on tedeshi but never listened to marcus king band but i will check them out.

38 minutes ago, JJB74 said:

Post like this one is why I left this site for a couple years.......I come here for information that you don't get from news outlets......then I get caught up in these types of post and see all the negative comments about our football team (Coaches). 99% of us (fans) have no clue what all these players and coaches go through to get out on that field on Saturdays in the fall. We are 3-0 .......these are happy times.......Freakin enjoy it......

The funny thing is......you guys don't know the mood around the football team right now......I have family members that are Auburn University employees and they say that there is something in the air, its just different right now....guys are happy....guys are hungry....they just feel something......i'm sure that has to do with the 3-0 start but it also has to do with the University as a whole.....I mean look Basketball and baseball had a hell of a year.....Just enjoy the ride....stop being so negative and enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!!!

I often wonder this . We as fans can be super irrational and emotionally let things tinker our mindset. For example, the discussion about Gus and Bo’s interaction. I am willing to bet Bo’s perspective is much different than ours. Same goes with JG role on this team.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly. Or usually any worthwhile tidbit will get top quoted. 

I've taken a few people off ignore before. They always end up back on there. Some relationships just aren't built to last. 

Lol usually when they try to all of a sudden become super enlightened philosophers out of the blue, but in the end disagree with a person usually let you know how they really are. 

A guy see two people exchange words it's easy for them to come in and have quotes being above the situation......then you see that same person get told no that's not correct and they go crazy. 

I don't trip, I usually don't even remember altercations with people after a week, it's ok to disagree it's a freaking forum! but the hypocrites though.....that can make you ignore someone not the disagreement but the hypocrisy part. But that may be more of me than you. 

I try to be like you sometimes but I fall short in it. You're good at talking stuff out...I'm like I don't want anybody chastising me about ANYTHING they do themselves lol

We can be critical of things during wins too. Particularly things that have been lingering for years that have no end in sight. It doesn't mean you didn't enjoy the win it's just using foresight to determine that these certain things are likely to burn us yet again.

And nobody wants that to happen. We want to see this team play to the capabilities of it's personnel. We just need our HC to reach another gear to put our guys in maximum position to succeed. Accomplishing this is deeper than just looking at current W/L totals. The name of the game is building off of something sustainable. I've said it after each game so I don't want to sound redundant but I don't think we have found our identity or something concrete to build off of yet. Taking a look over Gus' tenure here he's found his groove for the team around game 3 or 4. If he hasn't by that 4th game then he never finds it. It's getting dangerously close to the part of the season with no real identity found. I kind of hate that we rushed for a million yards against Kent State because it really doesn't do much for us. We know we can't block our peers in the conference so why are we even trying to force that issue against Kent State? These things have season-long ramifications.

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't trip, I usually don't even remember altercations with people after a week, it's ok to disagree it's a freaking forum! but the hypocrites though.....that can make you ignore someone not the disagreement but the hypocrisy part. But that may be more of me than you. 

Yyyyyyyup.

I try to be like you sometimes but I fall short in it. 

Fall back! Fall back! Abort!

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it means i am a 64 year old coot is high as hell right now and i be jammin. whiskey myers. southern rock at their finest and i like them more than skynyrd.......

Oh you make me laugh....

Image result for old man stoned

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

swamp this cat is basically telling folks who do not agree with him to ignore him . he said this stuff a couple of times and i was not the only person in this thread he said something similar to. i could care less if he iggies me. there is a difference between trolling gus and his supporters and pointing out things we can agree auburn needs work on. belle negged him and he turned into a drama queen about it about it. belle has never been mean to anyone i have ever seen on this board. i am not going to let some little troll try to throw shade on her without commenting.

I didn't see it that way, fifty. But time to move on. 

6 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Hey man we are just exchanging music ideas...lets not get carried away!! 😂

4185508.jpg

LOL remember this guy?

ewrwer.gif

To me, what makes a fan a fan is the love no matter what. (Non-fans switch team allegiances.) That's where I am for this school, my alma mater and childhood "bread and butter." That love can manifest in many ways...from "anything goes" to "tough love" and in between.  The HOW must never be confused with the IF. Polarizing. 

What highly disappoints me is the number of threads and posts "needed" to "prove" one's true allegiance. That steals as much joy as taking a stance and being dogged for it. Do you ever wonder if adding the "like/dislike" function to our posts has ramped things up a bit...and perhaps not for the better?

My two cents if I may:

There are disagreements all of the time.  And everyone thinks their viewpoint is correct and they are the good guy.  A great example of this is those who watch The Walking Dead.  In that show, the super-villain (Negan) thinks what he is doing is the genuine right thing.  He thinks he is the good guy in this scenario.  Rick Grimes thinks he is genuinely doing the right thing.   It just depends on your scenario and what you think is right.

The issue arrives at when those two viewpoints meet.  It could very well end up like in the show where one person (theoretically) bashes in the head of another with a barbed-wire baseball bat named "Lucille."  Or, it could end up like the instance of The Kingdom where you work together and form a mutual respect.

Essentially (for those who are very confused as they do not watch the show) it all boils down to respect.  For example, @DAG and @GwillMac6 are about as the opposite as it gets with their viewpoints from me.  The funny thing is I am probably the closest with those two and we have each other's backs on here.  Why?  We should be adversaries.  Well we all take the time to truly understand each other's viewpoints instead of waiting for the exact second they take a breath mid-sentence so we can interrupt and get our point across.  It comes down to respect.  It is like in business, you do not want to hire a "Yes Man."  You want someone who will challenge you to a degree.  If you are wrong you want to know.  You don't know what you don't know.  Maybe I am wrong.  If I am, I want to know.

It is one thing to say this, and another to actually live by it.  There are some even on this thread that are trying to preach this exact thing and turn around and do the exact opposite and relying on their laurels of having a history of being the "nice guy" for people to not be able to see they are actually becoming somewhat of a bully.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

My two cents if I may:

There are disagreements all of the time.  And everyone thinks their viewpoint is correct and they are the good guy.  A great example of this is those who watch The Walking Dead.  In that show, the super-villain (Negan) thinks what he is doing is the genuine right thing.  He thinks he is the good guy in this scenario.  Rick Grimes thinks he is genuinely doing the right thing.   It just depends on your scenario and what you think is right.

The issue arrives at when those two viewpoints meet.  It could very well end up like in the show where one person (theoretically) bashes in the head of another with a barbed-wire baseball bat named "Lucy."  Or, it could end up like the instance of The Kingdom where you work together and form a mutual respect.

Essentially (for those who are very confused as they do not watch the show) it all boils down to respect.  For example, @DAG and @GwillMac6 are about as the opposite as it gets with their viewpoints from me.  The funny thing is I am probably the closest with those two and we have each other's backs on here.  Why?  We should be adversaries.  Well we all take the time to truly understand each other's viewpoints instead of waiting for the exact second they take a breath mid-sentence so we can interrupt and get our point across.  It comes down to respect.  It is like in business, you do not want to hire a "Yes Man."  You want someone who will challenge you to a degree.  If you are wrong you want to know.  You don't know what you don't know.  Maybe I am wrong.  If I am, I want to know.

It is one thing to say this, and another to actually live by it.  There are some even on this thread that are trying to preach this exact thing and turn around and do the exact opposite and relying on their laurels of having a history of being the "nice guy" for people to not be able to see they are actually becoming somewhat of a bully.

I actually agree with this to a point, and even with that though it's always harder to actually do things as opposed to talk it. To me if your feelings get hurt when somebody disagree with you or you leading your view on a subject thinking about the character of a person as opposed to your actual argument you can't speak objectively. 

The bat's name is Lucille in walking dead btw

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I actually agree with this to a point, and even with that though it's always harder to actually do things as opposed to talk it. To me if your feelings get hurt when somebody disagree with you or you leading your view on a subject thinking about the character of a person as opposed to your actual argument you can't speak objectively.  Are you speaking in general terms?  

The bat's name is Lucille in walking dead btw  How in the world did I forget that.  Thanks for catching this!  I will fix it.

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

My two cents if I may:

The issue arrives at when those two viewpoints meet.  It could very well end up like in the show where one person (theoretically) bashes in the head of another with a barbed-wire baseball bat named "Lucy."  Or, it could end up like the instance of The Kingdom where you work together and form a mutual respect.

A few other things to add: I think accountability is also appreciated . There several posters who I have had disagreements with and the hindsight they were proven right !

Three things of importance :

1. Man up and apologize even if you feel you are right . This goes over very well.

2. Don’t act like you know everything . Nobody here knows everything 

3. It is absolutely okay to say when you are wrong and the other person is right. Additionally, it is okay to big up someone for a great point even if you disagree with them 99 percent of the time. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897dc82417557cc286da7

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Lol yes abw. I don't think I'll ever just come at you personally in a grey area. It would be direct or I guess maybe a PM. I think for everybody in generally everything it's harder to walk it than talk it

No prob with Lucille, nice analogy

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

My two cents if I may:

The issue arrives at when those two viewpoints meet.  It could very well end up like in the show where one person (theoretically) bashes in the head of another with a barbed-wire baseball bat named "Lucille."  Or, it could end up like the instance of The Kingdom where you work together and form a mutual respect.

I am also concerned that the level of condescension has risen to epidemic levels...and absolutely from "both camps." Condescension shuts down discourse quicker than disagreement. I'd prefer to be more concerned with "direction of the program" discussions than poster personalities. 

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

I am also concerned that the level of condescension has risen to epidemic levels...and absolutely from "both camps." Condescension shuts down discourse quicker than disagreement. I'd prefer to be more concerned with "direction of the program" discussions than poster personalities. 

You are a sunshine pumper!!

No you are a bammer!

You like Nix more! No you like JG more!

Well I can’t speak for everyone else but I’m changing my approach on here. I won’t back down on what I think and will answer if challenged but I have seen the last few days its a lot better to just tone it down and have a laugh. What will be will be with Gus. Big thanks to @abw0004 and @aubiefifty for not writing me off. Good folks on here. Also to @DAG who has given me some good advice. 

Public Disclaimer...I still reserve the right to criticize Gus but it will be tempered with an understanding of the other side of the argument.

9 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Well I can’t speak for everyone else but I’m changing my approach on here. I won’t back down on what I think and will answer if challenged but I have seen the last few days its a lot better to just tone it down and have a laugh. What will be will be with Gus. Big thanks to @abw0004 and @aubiefifty for not writing me off. Good folks on here. Also to @DAG who has given me some good advice. 

Public Disclaimer...I still reserve the right to criticize Gus but it will be tempered with an understanding of the other side of the argument.

It's my fault. Now...can't we all just get along? 😀

Archived