Kent State Game Report Card

StatTiger

Thanks Stat I couldn’t agree with you more. I think we’re going to look better than we are with TAMU and Florida being a little overrated.

The 3rd down d was concerning as it reminded me of times last yr when we lost games we shouldn’t ( Tenn).  They did settle down tho and played well the rest of the way

As well as Auburn was able to run the football, it was disappointing Nix was sacked two times”

I know there are people on the board that are wondering why more RB’s are not getting more playing time. If anyone goes back and rewatches the game, ck and see how the backs do not, or don’t know how to pick up a blitz.

Keep in mind, this is a Kent State defense.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

As well as Auburn was able to run the football, it was disappointing Nix was sacked two times”

I know there are people on the board that are wondering why more RB’s are not getting more playing time. If anyone goes back and rewatches the game, ck and see how the backs do not, or don’t know how to pick up a blitz.

Keep in mind, this is a Kent State defense.

True.  But one of the RBs that whiffed on a block that resulted in a sack was the RB getting the majority of playing time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, WarNole said:

Thanks for the info, Stat.  Sad the the Defensive Report Card had a failing grade.

:wareagle:

I doubt there was very much prep time spent on Kent State.  The defense was base to start the game and Kent State took advantage of it with a good game plan.  Adjustments were made on defense after we saw what they were doing.  

Another slow start on D and silly choices throughout the 1st quarter by individual defenders this game. Bama, UF, UGa & aTm this week will jump out to 3 TD leads if that conti ues. But there's been an alarming intangible on D the last 2 games - failing to regain focus between plays. Watching the jumbotron, etc. When urgency is there our D is very good. 

I have said, and I believe this to be true, that Gus's main focus in this game was to establish a running game and run, run, run for the OLine to work on their run blocking and to give the main RBs plenty of reps. I feel like this game was sort of viewed as a scrimmage to work those specific things. Given that, I feel like they were successful and it will benefit us going forward. On another note, it feels like we are just playing to the level of our opponent. We need to be more disciplined in our execution. The defense carried the last 2 games and the offense carried this one. JABA for us to not have both of them clicking at the same time. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

True.  But one of the RBs that whiffed on a block that resulted in a sack was the RB getting the majority of playing time. 

Definitely, more work needs to be done.

6 hours ago, StatTiger said:

From my view, it is difficult to say whether or not the offense is in better shape than they were coming into the Oregon game

Agree. I am really looking forward to the game in the road. It will be a real eye opener one way or another. Can’t wait!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Agree. I am really looking forward to the game in the road. It will be a real eye opener one way or another. Can’t wait!

The game thread will reach all time toxicity should things go poorly for the Tigers.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:26 AM, StatTiger said:

The Tigers had three 100-yard rushers on the night, something Auburn hasn’t accomplished since the 1983 Maryland game.

4BB61425-0EAE-4B55-984A-7104B0768B7E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

The game thread will reach all time toxicity should things go poorly for the Tigers.

Last week the commentary was toxic almost from the first play....so guess some game day posters enter the forum in a bad mood.   Took some really nice runs up the middle and a blow out second half to calm many of them down.    BUT....I do expect to see them here again on Saturday.....revved up and angry and likely nothing short of a 4 TD victory will be sufficient.

My view....." just win baby".  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Last week the commentary was toxic almost from the first play....so guess some game day posters enter the forum in a bad mood.   Took some really nice runs up the middle and a blow out second half to calm many of them down.    BUT....I do expect to see them here again on Saturday.....revved up and angry and likely nothing short of a 4 TD victory will be sufficient.

My view....." just win baby".  

Mine too! Don’t care what it looks like this week as long as we score one point more than them!

• Like 2

I dunno if the D showed up hungover or what. I know its Kent St. but A&M will hang 21 pts on us in a hurry if the defense decides to take the first quarter off.  And if they were playing their heart out the whole time against Kent St? We are in big trouble folks!