Injury Updates 9/15/19

Zeek

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Wtf. Where did that injury come from? Did he get hurt and continue to play on a bad knee?

If it’s meniscus like abw004 is saying then I could see him playing with it. I tore mine and kept wrestling for a while thinking it was something I could push through. Slowly became apparent that I could not over the span of a few practices. 

Especially with the leg braces they wear he probably just didn’t want to lose that opportunity to play. 

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No worries, we have depth!

Lol Bird you still running with this joke? 

6 weeks means out for the season in Gus terms. I can’t remember the last time he put a definitive date on an injury. In all seriousness, I hate to hear that for the kid. 

Just now, bigbird said:

It works...until we actually have depth

Bro Hamm has us covered no sweat lol

AUBURN, Alabama—Coming off a big 55-16 win over Kent State to improve to 3-0 on the season, the Auburn Tigers get ready to head on the road for the SEC opener against the Texas A&M Aggies this Saturday in College Station. With several players "day-to-day" and offensive lineman Bailey Sharp out for up to 8 weeks following a knee procedure on Sunday, Auburn has some questions going into a big road game.

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If it’s meniscus like abw004 is saying then I could see him playing with it. I tore mine and kept wrestling for a while thinking it was something I could push through. Slowly became apparent that I could not over the span of a few practices. 

Especially with the leg braces they wear he probably just didn’t want to lose that opportunity to play. 

I have two torn meniscus currently and have had them torn for 4-5 years now.  I powerlift on them too.  Depending on how you tear it surgery may be pointless

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have two torn meniscus currently and have had them torn for 4-5 years now.  I powerlift on them too.  Depending on how you tear it surgery may be pointless

Yup but considering we typically have Dr. Andrews giving a lot of our diagnosis I’d trust that man with my life lol. He fixed my shoulder and gave me another 5 years of competitive wrestling. Still feels great! Lol.

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Tore mine playing high school football. Didn't have surgery. Continued to play with little pain. 15 years later I am paying for it severely. Hindsight, I would have had surgery. Dr said I could take a chance and let it heal on it's own and it could be perfectly fine. My mistake.

Sounds like Auburn will get back the guys they need back at least for Miss State if not TaMu.  I’d be interested in hearing how far off the back up OL guys are in terms of development if one of the starters go down?  We were hearing good things about a couple guys this spring and fall.  Most have been in Grimes system as long as the starters so they should know what to do by now.

15 hours ago, toddc said:

AUBURN, Alabama—Coming off a big 55-16 win over Kent State to improve to 3-0 on the season, the Auburn Tigers get ready to head on the road for the SEC opener against the Texas A&M Aggies this Saturday in College Station. With several players "day-to-day" and offensive lineman Bailey Sharp out for up to 8 weeks following a knee procedure on Sunday, Auburn has some questions going into a big road game.

Injuries are just a fragment of the "questions" going into this game. Hopefully all the answers will be good ones.

Archived