watching the A&M game internationally

Ed_

Anyone know if there’s anywhere in Florence Italy that will put on football?  I’ve heard of watch parties in the major cities at certain bars for major games (usually bowl season), but would love to know if any fans on her have found a bar that consistently plays real football for students and expats 

I do not know of any bars that are like that.  However, you can always set up a contingency to make sure you can watch it online.  I have Comcast, and they allow me to watch everything live on their app since I am a customer of theirs. 

If you can stomach not watching it live and stay away from the forums then it will be up pretty quickly after the game is over with on Espn3.com As long as you have a login. Someone might be willing to share if you don't have one. 

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

If you can stomach not watching it live and stay away from the forums then it will be up pretty quickly after the game is over with on Espn3.com As long as you have a login. Someone might be willing to share if you don't have one. 

Good point.  The game shows up on YouTube as well but that is tricky because if you search for it someone is going to spoil the result in the title.

Check out the USA TV live app on the google play store and I am sure it is available for Apple as well. You can watch the local channels such as ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox for free, (unless that has changed) and all you have to do is sign up with your email. If you have a firestick you can download the app on your firestick as well. We used this when we lived overseas and it worked great. 

9 hours ago, Ed_ said:

Anyone know if there’s anywhere in Florence Italy that will put on football?  I’ve heard of watch parties in the major cities at certain bars for major games (usually bowl season), but would love to know if any fans on her have found a bar that consistently plays real football for students and expats 

Me and my wife went to Rome and Florence this time last year on our honeymoon. I watched part of some football games at Hard Rock Cafe in Rome. We also had a pocket wifi device that allowed me to watch some stuff on my phone and iPad. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Time difference might be a problem for a night game. I would definitely try to have a way to stream it as a backup. 

Yeah I believe it's a 7 hour time difference. 

9 hours ago, Ed_ said:

Check out Grandma Streams (@GrandmaStreamss): https://twitter.com/GrandmaStreamss?s=09

You are welcome

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Reddit posts streams for all college and nfl games, and they are pretty reliable..FYI.

As for a place to watch. Try hopping on the Florence, Italy TripAdvisor forum and ask someone there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187895-i68-Florence_Tuscany.html

Reddit doesn't host college football games anymore. 

They stopped hosting games during week 2. 

Reddit games have moved here:

https://sportsurge.net/#/groups/0

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Reddit posts streams for all college and nfl games, and they are pretty reliable..FYI.

As for a place to watch. Try hopping on the Florence, Italy TripAdvisor forum and ask someone there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187895-i68-Florence_Tuscany.html

Live streams? 

And, tying your suggestions together, there's probably a healthy Florence sub on Reddit. 

@Ed_, have you already spent time over there? Feel free to ask for other suggestions. I'm sure several here have spent more time there than I have, but I love talking travel. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Check out Grandma Streams (@GrandmaStreamss): https://twitter.com/GrandmaStreamss?s=09

You are welcome

I know I'm quoting myself but bear with me...

Grandmastreamss is the best stream from the Reddit hostings. The guy who runs those streams posts all of the streams he is hosting on his own twitter. So it's best to go directly to the source than messing with sportsurge. Sportsurge is a brand new website and as of right now it's just terrible. So I've found it best to go directly to him. Now there are some games he doesn't host, so when he releases his lineup for that day, if a game you want to watch isn't included, you would need to go to sportsurge.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Live streams? 

And, tying your suggestions together, there's probably a healthy Florence sub on Reddit. 

@Ed_, have you already spent time over there? Feel free to ask for other suggestions. I'm sure several here have spent more time there than I have, but I love talking travel. 

Good call on Reddit. And yes to live streams. It's a life saver, especially for the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Good call on Reddit. And yes to live streams. It's a life saver, especially for the NFL. 

I've got a, um, solution but such solutions always fade and then crap out eventually so I'm always looking for backups and alternatives. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I've got a, um, solution but such solutions always fade and then crap out eventually so I'm always looking for backups and alternatives. 

I didn't discover it until a couple years ago. Mostly use it for RedZone, but it's great if you are out of market for a game you want to watch. Looks like @Auburn2Eugene posted a solid source above as well. 

22 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You are welcome

Hey OP, this is the one right here. GrandmaStreams is THE BEST streaming site out there. I use it on my smart TV to watch games on channels I don't normally have. The quality is very good. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

I didn't discover it until a couple years ago. Mostly use it for RedZone, but it's great if you are out of market for a game you want to watch. Looks like @Auburn2Eugene posted a solid source above as well. 

He has me blocked. You will have to quote the message for him to actually see it

15 hours ago, Ed_ said:

you can try this, be sure to click the "located in usa" box, even if you're in italy.....this is really neat,free and no adware of virus to worry about....i watch network tv sitting here at the computer a good but using puffer tv....the question is: will it work out of the country?

https://puffer.stanford.edu/player/

• WarTiger changed the title to watching the A&M game internationally

Archived