Texas A&M Score Prediction

tbone1430

I would say it will be a low-scoring game but I still worry about our special teams kick coverage.

AU win 24 -17

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a great game, aTm is favored by 4 pts in their house.  The crowd noise will be something our young players haven't witnessed yet in a hostile place.  They just have to focus and do their job and get out of there with a W.

Hard to figure this game.  Aggies have the tangibles.  Homefield and going against a freshman qb with his first sec game on the road ( at home of the 12th man) and AU having injuries at key spots offensively....  But looking at the big picture they are pretty even with AU defense giving them an edge.  

So i will bet against my heart   We have not been good at creating turnovers but have made mistakes at every point offensively, fumbled, interceptions, punt returns, penalties...

With that in mind with a freshman qb and a defense that gave up 8-16 third downs to a terrible Kent state squad...

Aggies 24   Auburn 16

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Gus unleashes his hidden offense...

AU 31

aTm 14

I can dream, can't I?

The Tulsa 2?

I believe the offense has legitimately improved. I believe that having Bo Nix play that neutral site game at the beginning of the year will help a little. I believe that our OL will get some push against A&M late in the game. I believe Gus has been holding back on play calling, and has kept things mostly vanilla up to this point. 

But I also believe that a freshman's first road start will be difficult at times. Bo will make some mistakes. He'll probably turn the ball over once or twice. I also believe the heat will get to our OL, and they will make some mistakes. 

Still, I like our offense against their mediocre defense better than I like their offense against our stout defense. This is a low scoring game that will likely be frustrating to watch. The board will be in meltdown mode for most of the game, and there will certainly be some FIRE GUS moments, especially among the Gus-hating crowd.  But I think we break through in the 4th quarter. 

I'm going to say we win by 10, and two of our scores come in the 4th quarter. One of the 4th quarter scores will come off of a well-designed trick play. The other will come from a grind it out drive where we try (unsuccessfully) to kill the clock. 

17-7 or 20-10 Good Guys

I don't buy all the revenge talk. It's not like they got hosed by a bad call or something last year. AU played better at the end and wanted it more. Maybe that motivates them this year, but it's a new season and the whole revenge against Clemson thing didn't work for them either.

If the defense plays to their potential (and I think they will) then AU wins a close one.

It won't be pretty but:

AU 19

aTm 17

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think A&M is any better than Oregon, probably not as good. AU 31, A&M 20.

I agree with Mikey here. Oregon will win the wack 12. Mond will throw the ball to iggy twice . 

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mediocre? 19 yards...

Maybe a little over dramatic with that post. What I meant was our defense is better, so I think our offense has a better chance at scoring against them better than the opposite.

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Maybe a little over dramatic with that post. What I meant was our defense is better, so I think our offense has a better chance at scoring against them better than the opposite.

Their D scares me. I think, like last year they will shut down our inside runs. Their pass rush, especially their ends matching up against our OT and the inability/lack of success our backs have had with pass pro, will really test Nix and Gus. I very well could be completely wrong and I'm 100% okay with that.

Never seen so many picks for the other team, even when we play Al or Ga. This is disappointing to say the least.

41 minutes ago, toddc said:

Never seen so many picks for the other team, even when we play Al or Ga. This is disappointing to say the least.

You didn't pick/predict either! 🤣

Honesty is wanted, right? There are many question marks for Saturday. Pulling hard and believing  for Auburn, but highly respectful of the 12th man atmosphere. Can, yes. Will? Don't know. Three wins are celebratory and so AUsome...but just not a revelation of where we actually are to date, all things being "equal-er." Saturday will reveal a lot, as has been said ad nauseum.

this has 16 - 27 written all over it. A&M with 27.

game is somewhat in line until they make some score with 4:00 minutes left. but we never really had it.

we of course wish we had that 1 red zone back we keep yearning for.

10 hours ago, toddc said:

The negatators are yearning for a loss so they can get some serious bashing going. They haven't had much to work with so far this season.

10 hours ago, toddc said:

The Aggies shut down the #1 team in the nation's run game.  Mond had a bad game offensively, probably caused in effect to a great defense too.   We are taking a freshman who's feet was dancing like fred astaire last week against kent state into the home of the 12th man with a running game that has yet to prove itself... Our special teams has lost the battle every game..  I think it is logic and  not negativity.  We  are not hoping for a loss

Archived