Freshman DT Charles Moore Leaves AU

LKEEL75

link

AUBURN, Alabama--Charles Moore, a member of Auburn’s 2019 football signee class, has left the team.

A 6-4, 255-pound defensive end from Louisville, Miss., High, Moore did not play in Auburn’s first three games. Inside the Auburn Tigers was told that Moore is enrolling at Jones College, a junior college in Mississippi.

Rated a four-star prospect, he made 79 tackles on a state championship team after missing his junior season with a knee injury.

8COMMENTS

The other three defensive linemen in Auburn’s signing class have played this season. The group includes buck Colby Wooden, end Derick Hall and tackle Jaren Handy. Wooden and Handy made their debuts vs. Kent State while Hall has played in all three games. Hall, who hurt his knee last Saturday night, is expected to miss this week's SEC opener at Texas A&M.

Moore is the second player in the class to leave the team. Early graduate Cam’Ron Kelly, a defensive back from Chesapeake, Va., made a move to North Carolina in the spring.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a snore button! 😝 

Academic issues? Otherwise I imagine you'd do just as well spending a year on the practice squad of a D1 school as you would starting on a Juco roster.

It was really iffy if he would qualify to come to Auburn in the first place.  I wonder if he hasn’t been allowed to play with his grades continuing to be poor so he just left for JUCO?  I wish him nothing but the best

• ellitor changed the title to Freshman DT Charles Moore Leaves AU
20 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Man...that isn't good news. Our Dline is starting to look bare after this year. Maybe I am over-reacting

You are some. Coynis & Newkirk have to stay healthy & now we may have to sign 3 instead of 2 DTs in the current class.

20 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Academic issues? Otherwise I imagine you'd do just as well spending a year on the practice squad of a D1 school as you would starting on a Juco roster.

If it was academic, AU admissions would not have let him enroll at all. Also the Fall semester at AU ain't even half over yet.

Just now, ellitor said:

If it was academic, AU admissions would not have let him enroll at all. Also the Fall semester at AU ain't even half over yet.

Aw @ellitor!  You changed my click bait title.... :) 

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It was really iffy if he would qualify to come to Auburn in the first place.  I wonder if he hasn’t been allowed to play with his grades continuing to be poor so he just left for JUCO?  I wish him nothing but the best

Seriously doubt this.

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Aw @ellitor!  You changed my click bait title.... :) 

Didn't see it as click bait. Just figured a title getting to the point quicker & shorter was better.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Didn't see it as click bait. Just figured a title getting to the point quicker & shorter was better.

But those obscure titles is how al.com get's all their clicks :) 

I suddenly remember all the UT and Mississippi folks talking about this kid being trouble and a headcase....Maybe they saw writing on the wall? I figured it was just sore losing. Probably still was. Oh Well. Wish you the best of luck in your endeavors young man. 

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I remember his recruiting thread was interesting before someone removed a lot of the posts.:laugh:

Forgot about all that. 

Is he immediately eligible to play juco this season, then transfer back to D1 and be immediately eligible again? I'm sorry, I know I should be familiar with all this by now. 

He would’ve been apart of the future for our d line. Even Derrick Brown didn’t start his freshman year. Well good luck. Gone need the coaching staff to reload for our d line in recruiting 

This actually makes me really sad and I wish he would stick it out because I feel he'll regret it later in life. It does seem silly we couldn't have rotated him in during Kent State and Tulane (with the new redshirt rules why not give him a try). However, I'm thinking it's much more likely the kid is just homesick. I hope the coaches did everything they could to try and convince him to stick it out and I wish the young man the best of luck.

27 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I remember his recruiting thread was interesting before someone removed a lot of the posts.:laugh:

Yup. Could definitely see where he may not be a culture fit at AU.

Archived