Freshman DT Charles Moore Leaves AU

LKEEL75

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Forgot about all that. 

Is he immediately eligible to play juco this season, then transfer back to D1 and be immediately eligible again? I'm sorry, I know I should be familiar with all this by now. 

Once a player goes to juco they have to stay there til they get a degree which typically takes 1 & a half to 2 years for 1st year students, which Charles is. Yes he can play immediately in juco. He won't be eligible at a D1 school til he has his juco degree then yes he would be immediately eligible.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I remember his recruiting thread was interesting before someone removed a lot of the posts.:laugh:

Some Biloxi friends of mine gave a warning, but it was strictly rumors and got slashed from this board.  He brought that ish here and odds are it did not go over well.:-X

30 minutes ago, keesler said:

Some Biloxi friends of mine gave a warning, but it was strictly rumors and got slashed from this board.  He brought that ish here and odds are it did not go over well.:-X

Exactly.  If what I have read is correct and the videos I have seen are what Charles has firm beliefs in, then this is not a loss but this kid needs our prayers.  Charles needs to surround himself with some positive loving people.  The viewpoints and ideology that he was supposedly attached to are horrible and won't fit in many public institutions.

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Exactly.  If what I have read is correct and the videos I have seen are what Charles has firm beliefs in, then this is not a loss but this kid needs our prayers.  Charles needs to surround himself with some positive loving people.  The viewpoints and ideology that he was supposedly attached to are horrible and won't fit in many public institutions.

Well, Auburn coaches knew all about him when they signed him.  IMO, he was in the perfect place to get sound advice and prayers while he was surrounded by AU players and the coaching staff.  There's no way he could mesh well at Auburn, but who's to say he'll mesh well anywhere else?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Once a player goes to juco they have to stay there til they get a degree which typically takes 1 & a half to 2 years for 1st year students, which Charles is. Yes he can play immediately in juco. He won't be eligible at a D1 school til he has his juco degree then yes he would be immediately eligible.

Thank you as always, sir. 

The juco route makes it seem more like grades or he could not cut it talent wise to me but maybe there are other reasons a kid would do juco instead of entering the portal

Just now, gravejd said:

The juco route makes it seem more like grades or he could not cut it talent wise to me but maybe there are other reasons a kid would do juco instead of entering the portal

See my post above. Mississippi juco, Mississippi kid. He might just be homesick. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

See my post above. Mississippi juco, Mississippi kid. He might just be homesick. 

You could be correct.....and this was the quickest way to get back to mississippi. But there are also schools in mississippi he could transfer to without going JUCO first

Just now, gravejd said:

You could be correct.....and this was the quickest way to get back to mississippi. But there are also schools in mississippi he could transfer to without going JUCO first

You know, that's true. Was MSU on him? I don't recall that Ole Miss was but could be wrong. 

i don't think that i can post or should post vip material, but i can say what many folks on the rant are saying, that it ain't grades and sounds like we might be better off that things worked out like it has it what i read is close to truth....

37 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Thoughts on why juco instead of entering transfer portal? 

He can play immediately at a JUCO. As a transfer, he'd have to sit a year. There may be more to it, but that's one advantage to JUCO. He'd also have to have another four-year institution willing to put him on scholarship and depending on the circumstances involved in his leaving Auburn, those offers may not exist.

41 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Thoughts on why juco instead of entering transfer portal? 

Most teams are full on schollies after taking transfers & giving remaining schollies to walk ons. Plus, as others have said, he may be home sick so going to juco in his home state can help with that.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Could definitely see where he may not be a culture fit at AU.

There were quotes by one of the dlinemen that sounded like he was struggling to get into everything and they were trying to help him get acclimated.

36 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Unlikely right now. Usually by this time of year every school has filled its scholly allotment even if it means giving the rest under the 85 limit to walk ons.

32 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i don't think that i can post or should post vip material, but i can say what many folks on the rant are saying, that it ain't grades and sounds like we might be better off that things worked out like it has it what i read is close to truth....

Good call @doverstutts! We are not going to talk the specifics of his political view here but they very well may mean he's not a fit for AU.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely right now. Usually by this time of year every school has filled its scholly allotment even if it means giving the rest under the 85 limit to walk ons.

Does the two that left only affect our 85 limit?

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Does the two that left only affect our 85 limit?

Only 1 has left since the Semester started as Mikey noted above. But yes once a player starts school he is forever tied to a yearly 25 enrollee limit & can not be replaced & therefore only affects the 85 total limit.

Archived