Freshman DT Charles Moore Leaves AU

LKEEL75

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I remember his recruiting thread was interesting before someone removed a lot of the posts.:laugh:

Yep good times , good times.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, toddc said:

There were quotes by one of the dlinemen that sounded like he was struggling to get into everything and they were trying to help him get acclimated.

Struggling at what?  The playbook, practice requirements, classroom, hanging out with his teammates?

The kid had a strong personality and he literally and figuratively put himself out there for everyone to see his views.  

I just have a hard time believing our defensive staff couldn't get him started in the right direction with on-the-field responsibilities and there's plenty of support in the classroom and help him transition from HS to college.  My goodness, this is the first week of any real exams for this semester the students have kinda been on cruise control for these last few weeks.

Read a past article where a veteran player was asked about Charles development and his reply was the kid was having a hard time but was working hard. He also spoke on how he was in the same position and had to keep working and learning before RG played him and that everyone were trying to help keep his head up.

I can't remember the veteran player's name.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Struggling at what?  The playbook, practice requirements, classroom, hanging out with his teammates?

The kid had a strong personality and he literally and figuratively put himself out there for everyone to see his views.  

I just have a hard time believing our defensive staff couldn't get him started in the right direction with on-the-field responsibilities and there's plenty of support in the classroom and help him transition from HS to college.  My goodness, this is the first week of any real exams for this semester the students have kinda been on cruise control for these last few weeks.

Yeah I am having a hard time believing the insinuation of why he is leaving . At the end of the day, the kid is here to get a free education via football. The other stuff should be a clear separate issue. 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am having a hard time believing the insinuation of why he is leaving

There as been no insinuation yet. Just a few guesses people are having.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There as been no insinuation yet. Just a few guesses people are having.

Huh? Then why did you have to put out a disclaimer pivoting away from politics if that is not being insinuated ? Lol. 

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Only 1 has left since the Semester started as Mikey noted above. But yes once a player starts school he is forever tied to a yearly 25 enrollee limit & can not be replaced & therefore only affects the 85 total limit.

I guess I was including the db who left too.

32 minutes ago, keesler said:

Charles Moore, he’s a fighter,” defensive lineman Nick Coe said during fall camp. "We just need to help him a little more so he can get used to play at the college level. It’s a whole different level, from high school to college. We just try to help him develop like we developed. My freshman year, I was trying my best to develop, and I developed a lot and everything. I’m going to try to help him do the same or even better. "

30 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

Read a past article where a veteran player was asked about Charles development and his reply was the kid was having a hard time but was working hard. He also spoke on how he was in the same position and had to keep working and learning before RG played him and that everyone were trying to help keep his head up.

I can't remember the veteran player's name.

I posted below your post.

Just now, toddc said:

Charles Moore, he’s a fighter,” defensive lineman Nick Coe said during fall camp. "We just need to help him a little more so he can get used to play at the college level. It’s a whole different level, from high school to college. We just try to help him develop like we developed. My freshman year, I was trying my best to develop, and I developed a lot and everything. I’m going to try to help him do the same or even better. "

I think RG style can be intimidating to some too. One thing about him , he isn’t going to hold your hand and if you can’t get with the program , it can lead to frustration for sure. Great quote btw .

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Huh? Then why did you have to put out a disclaimer pivoting away from politics if that is not being insinuated ? Lol. 

Because a previous poster in this thread reminded us all of what was deleted in his recruiting thread. That's not an insinuation that they are a reason he is leaving however. His extremist views don't need to be discussed at all on a non-political form & thread.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because a previous poster in this thread reminded us all of what was deleted in his recruiting thread. That's not an insinuation that they are a reason he is leaving however. His extremist views don't need to be discussed at all on a non-political form & thread.

You can have it man lol it’s not that big of a deal. 

Just now, ellitor said:

Have what? lol

I honestly don’t care to go back in forth about insinuation or guesses. I have been to the rant so I know the dialogue there. I have my own idea as to why he left and that’s okay . Pretty much that’s it. 

Mark Murphy has chimed in. Says CM didn't do anything in practice to give the coaching staff an opportunity to play him so he decided to quit & the transfer isn't related to academics. FWIW but MM is one of the best on AU info.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I honestly don’t care to go back in forth about insinuation or guesses. I have been to the rant so I know the dialogue there. I have my own idea as to why he left and that’s okay . Pretty much that’s it. 

The rant didn't really touch at all on his extremist views. Nothing more there than here other the the MM info which I just posted.

I'm still lost on what I can have but no worries. Moving on...

2 hours ago, keesler said:

As noted, AU gives student athletes every possible assistance....but sometimes it does not take very long for a person to realize he is in the wrong place or over his head.    Smart move IMO to make the change now,  still can get his freshman year counted somewhere and not lose any eligibility.   Hope he does well elsewhere but no point in being where he does not want to be.  

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

You are some. Coynis & Newkirk have to stay healthy & now we may have to sign 3 instead of 2 DTs in the current class.

Preferably 1 being a JuCo stud.

15 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Preferably 1 being a JuCo stud.

I'd prefer a Grad Transfer stud. After the juco DT committed to Oklahoma the Juco DT market looks pretty bare.

9 hours ago, alexava said:

If anyone wants to pm me info about his extreme views...... but I’m not insinuating. 

Ask @Auburn2Eugene  He brought it up if i remember correctly in the recruiting thread. Gotta admit that it was a little concerning. 

Edited to change handle.

10 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Ask @Auburn2Eugene  He brought it up if i remember correctly in the recruiting thread. Gotta admit that it was a little concerning. 

Edited to change handle.

A lot of people blocked me after I told people about his views.

I hate it for him. He has extreme potential, but his views just have no place in modern society, especially not on a team

Archived