Null

2021 Softball Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, wmsau said:

Oh, and I forgot to add that Shelby Lowe isn't playing with the Bolts this summer and is playing with the top team in the Bandit's organization. 

I had seen that earlier as well and wondered what the reasoning is behind that switch.  Does the AU coaching staff encourage the change or is it purely player preference?  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Auburn has the top rated recruiting class in the 2021 class according to ExtraInnings Softball. This ranking is mainly due to the number of recruits (9 or 10). Oklahoma has the number 2 class but only

Normally, I’d say yes, but I don’t think it’ll be a huge problem skipping one class under current circumstances. Yarbrough now has 3 more years of eligibility, and Dismukes, Penta, and Lowe have 4 yea

Another article about Jessie Blaine : https://extrainningsoftball.com/extra-star-power-sec-bound-catcher-jessie-blaine-11-military-moves-later-shes-made-an-impression-coast-to0coast/

Lowe does play on Conroy’s Bandit team. Penta is still on Chaos, but may have picked up here and there given the crazy summer. Both have looked more hittable and predictable this summer, compared to last year. It could be due to the long break and lack of innings (sometimes too many) to sharpen up.

Penta is still playing for Chaos. Lowe is playing some with Bandits-Conroy. I think, as mentioned before, that these pitchers are not looking for a lot of wear and tear on their arms and want to come into Auburn as healthy as possible. CMD is a wizard with pitchers, so I think he will do wonders with both of them.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, blakem said:

Looks like we picked up a commit from top-15 recruit Nelia Peralta

She had previously been committed to Mississippi State then switched to Texas. Plays for Thunderbolts.  Where did you see/hear this?  Do not see mention on her Twitter page.

Yes, she is a beast. Great pickup for us! The Birmingham Thunderbolts Premier organization just won the TOP tournament of the year. Usually the best organizations go to PGF in California but this year due to Covid they all met in Oklahoma City for the USA tournament. 2021 Class is looking strong. 

On 8/14/2020 at 8:01 PM, wmsau said:

I'll furnish the info for you. Here is her twitter link that shows Auburn Softball Commit. This is a big pickup.

https://twitter.com/neliaperalta31

So looking at the Twitter clips, is that her making the sliding catch?  If so, wow.  I'm guessing she's an infielder?  And she hits with power as well?  Huge pickup.

• Like 1
On 8/18/2020 at 7:52 PM, wmsau said:

Yes, Lisenby was the catcher on the Bolts Premier that just won the championship in OKC.

Saw that her one of her personal coaches who helps her with catching is Casey Meyers. I know he had a baseball background so I guess he is still working in softball? (And no it's his brother who got in hot water at Auburn...)

On 8/22/2020 at 8:59 AM, saminbama said:

So looking at the Twitter clips, is that her making the sliding catch?  If so, wow.  I'm guessing she's an infielder?  And she hits with power as well?  Huge pickup.

Yes, that is her making this sliding catch. Impressive player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

With September 1st starting contact dates for 2022’s, I thought I’d share the players we currently have committed.

Millie Roberts (#7 in ExtraInnings) is a C/3rd/1st baseman.

Skylar Elkins (#16 in ExtraInnings) is a C/UT player.

Emma’s Rolfe (#18 in ExtraInnings) is a P/OF.

Jenna Nelson (#103 in ExtraInnings) is an OF.

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, blakem said:

Former commit Taylor Pannel has committed to Tennessee

Here's an article that supports that and reasons why she decomitted(At that time she had not committed to UT know).

https://extrainningsoftball.com/inside-pitch-taylor-pannell-on-why-she-decommitted-from-auburn-its-more-than-a-softball-decision/

Rumor has it that Kendal Calvert, OF 2021 is no longer committed to Auburn. I believe someone previously mentioned they expected this since her sister left last year.

I'm not certain, but I believe the 2021 class has 6 recruits and is ranked in the Top 5 nationally. The 2022 currently has 4 recruits. Not sure of overall ranking.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

Didn't Jaylin Calvert recently enter the transfer portal? Is Kendal her sister? If so, I'd say she's iffy on this list.

Hard to tell about Kendal, unless someone knows already. They have a brother too who attends Auburn, so they have some sort of Auburn connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, 99TGR said:

Rumor has it that Kendal Calvert, OF 2021 is no longer committed to Auburn. I believe someone previously mentioned they expected this since her sister left last year.

I'm not certain, but I believe the 2021 class has 6 recruits and is ranked in the Top 5 nationally. The 2022 currently has 4 recruits. Not sure of overall ranking.

Auburn has 9 commits for 2021 not including Kendal Calvert or Keri Munn. ExtraInning’s still includes them on their lists, but it seems both have decommitted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some info on Madison Inscoe that blakem posted above.  I was not really familiar with her. 

PLAYER INFORMATION
NCAA ID# 1807235009
Madison Inscoe – (2022) Pitcher/MIF – Height 5’9, Weight 145 lbs – 
Pitching velocity: 62-64 mph (average)

Madison Inscoe (2022) – RHP/MIF

Club Team: Birmingham Thunderbolts (04) – Roberson
Recruiting: Actively being shown interest by coaches in the SEC, ACC, CAA, PAC-12. Madison has been on multiple on campus visits and official visits prior to early recruiting constraints. Clocked at 63 mph at the Florida State Winter Camp and hit 65 and 66 mph at the University of Florida Winter Pitching Camp both in the winter of 2018.

• Ranked in the Top 3 of all pitchers in attendance at the Florida State Winter Camp by Diamond Solutions (Nate Walker), using Rapsodo Analytics
  • IMA Player Softball (Florida State Winter Camp Event Talent Assessor) – “A Definite DI: Player” “Can definitely be in Top 50% of DI players – RHP. Tall pitcher with long levers to work with. Fastball ranged between 60 mph and 62 mph during our assessment. A curve, change-up and rise-ball pitcher with deceptive movement. Works the change up and off speed well, effectively keeping hitters off balance”.

CLUB BALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

HIGH SCHOOL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

LEADERSHIP/TEAMMATE/QUALITIES/Coaches Comments:

Head Softball Coach Brittney Thornburg (Wilkins) – former Div I Catcher Boston College said the following about Madison:

• “We constantly had to remind ourselves this year how old Madison was, because she plays far bigger and far older than she actually is”
  • “Madison is a gamer, a selfless player and a true teammate”
  • “Madison has a very bright future ahead of her”

Coach Thornburg gave an example of Madison’s selfless play recently stating: “In the TCIS Championship Game, Madison hit a critical single and after safely reaching the base, immediately turned to Coach Rudy [our first base coach] and said “Coach please put Rory in to run for me, she is a far faster runner than I am”…”that is just one of the many selfless acts Madison makes and has made for her team”.

• Thanks 1

Geesh is this all, you know I would expect more from someone of her status in the rankings (🤪)

CLUB BALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

HIGH SCHOOL ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

• Like 1

Another commit in the 2022 class: Alexis Milanowski from Dothan, Alabama. She plays for Georgia Impact. ExtraInnings Softball currently has her ranked #74 for the class of 2022 and lists her as a power hitting corner infielder / utility player. All of their articles talk about how hard of a worker she is. It seems she had a strong summer and has improved a lot of the past year.

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2